IGNORED

This is a terrible article about diabetes and I am annoyed with it.

essines

The condition is closely linked with obesity. Patients have to inject themselves with insulin.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13917263

Thanks, BBC. This article upsets me as it conglomerates Diabetes as though it is one condition and uses a picture of some fat persons ass to front it. I was diagnosed at 11 years old, in fine shape and for no reason. But for some reason the popular media thought is that most diabetics eat too much, don't exercise and suck. I am getting fed up with this. I know that people don't have the time, desire or need to know diabetes in depth but there are some simple facts that exist and should be known! I hate telling people that I am a diabetic because I'm scared they are gonna think I did it to myself. And i should make it clear that type 2 diabetics aren't shitty people and often can't take full responsibility for there condition; genetics do come into play. I think me grumpy, vague point is that Diabetes is a huge issue and people need to be more properly informed about it.

Diabetes.

Guest newmac

and uses a picture of some fat persons ass to front it.

That's not an ass in the picture....

and uses a picture of some fat persons ass to front it.

That's not an ass in the picture....

good catch, i didnt notcie

I might be misreading the article (and pardon any ignorance on my part) but it appears that it's entirely about type 2 Diabetes, which is isn't really made clear. So I can understand you being angry about it essines. I do agree that even more awareness needs to be raised about the risks of T2 and its management. From my experience though people with type 1 are generally extremely knowledgeable about the condition and how to control it effectively, so perhaps it's important to identify between type 1 and 2 purely in terms of health promotion and lifestyle changes people may need to take.

_53676121_fat.jpg

lol, this picture is pure shock value. diabetes is probably the least of her problems

What's this thing? looks strange.

I might be misreading the article (and pardon any ignorance on my part) but it appears that it's entirely about type 2 Diabetes, which is isn't really made clear. So I can understand you being angry about it essines. I do agree that even more awareness needs to be raised about the risks of T2 and its management. From my experience though people with type 1 are generally extremely knowledgeable about the condition and how to control it effectively, so perhaps it's important to identify between type 1 and 2 purely in terms of health promotion and lifestyle changes people may need to take.

But I think Essines said he is Type 2, right?

Also, have you seen this:

Low-calorie diet offers hope of cure for type 2 diabetes

British study finds two-month extreme diet can cure type 2 diabetes and overturns assumptions about 'lifelong' condition

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2011/jun/24/low-calorie-diet-hope-cure-diabetes

_53676121_fat.jpg

lol, this picture is pure shock value. diabetes is probably the least of her problems

That sure is one fat vagina. I wonder what it looks like without the jeans

walrusbrimley.jpg

_53676121_fat.jpg

What's this thing? looks strange.

"FUPA."

Or "gunt."

But I think Essines said he is Type 2, right?

Also, have you seen this:

Low-calorie diet offers hope of cure for type 2 diabetes

British study finds two-month extreme diet can cure type 2 diabetes and overturns assumptions about 'lifelong' condition

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2011/jun/24/low-calorie-diet-hope-cure-diabetes

Nah man, I am Type 1. Juvenile Diabetus. No hope!

Guest uptown devil

i dated a girl with Crohn's disease. It totally consumed her thoughts and life

that seems to be the case more often than not.

_53676121_fat.jpg

That sure is one fat vagina. I wonder what it looks like without the jeans

TC01-07-Obesitas-shuttersto.jpg

lulz

Archived