IGNORED

7 things you're not supposed to know about sunscreen

Guest Coalbucket PI

Guest Coalbucket PI

http://www.activistpost.com/2011/06/7-surprising-things-youre-not-supposed.html#more

have a look through this article and just say what you think. It came up on someone's facebook yesterday and turned into an 80 comment nightmare which I ducked out of very early, but christ alive what a trainwreck it was. This is one of the most infuriating pieces of internet I've come across in a while.

I am red as a lobster (arms and back mostly) from swimming for hours over two days at the beach of Port Aransas, TX this weekend. My face isn't as bad and coincidentally that's where I put on the most sunscreen. So I dunno, for me it's either:

1. applying loads of sunscreen, regardless of what crap is in it, repeatedly all day

2. wearing more than just trunks when I swim

3. avoiding any coastal outings in anywhere beyond 60 degrees latitude

As a fair-skinned person, it seems you're generally fucked and this article is officially irrelevant to me

Guest fiznuthian

eh there's some truth to the article...

his suggestion to eat a nutritionally dense diet is true, and does protect your skin from damage.

kept me from getting burnt many times while everyone around me fried crisp.

say what i think?

okay, this article lacks references or peer review and was written by a scaremongering hack who's about half an inch from LOL VACCINES CAUSE AUTISM.

can they link you to a recipe for an all natural sunscreen? as long as we dont sell it, we are good, no?

It's a cumbath.

He's talking about a cumbath.

can they link you to a recipe for an all natural sunscreen? as long as we dont sell it, we are good, no?

It's a cumbath.

He's talking about a cumbath.

it's rich in cummy goodness. and zinc!

what about an amalgamation of cum and heavy churned buttercream? makes it easier to rub on.

is it wrong to be hungry after reading this?

not at all. makes a great pie..i feel your pain

plus im hungry for shit

pm me when you guys are up to speed on your egyptian sun god knowledge, i had a pretty amazing post on the previous page

Guest analogue wings

activistpost.com, your source for unbiased and well referenced journalism since OMFG FLOURIDE TURNS YOU JEWISH

Guest Iain C

Very stupid article. Going by the links at the bottom, it's simply trying to sell some "natural" suncreen product - and it's going about it in a pretty disgusting way.

Skin cancer's a subject that hits fairly close to home - my mother suffered from it (and survived, albeit with a cool scar) and with my flawless ivory complexion I'm at risk too. This kind of junk is irresponsible in the extreme.

Guest Coalbucket PI

say what i think?

okay, this article lacks references or peer review and was written by a scaremongering hack who's about half an inch from LOL VACCINES CAUSE AUTISM.

Yeah this is pretty much what I thought, I kind of presumed WATMM would spot the glaring errors in this more astutely than facebook hippies.

It's actually worse than lacking references, it has some references all of which are from some similarly terrible natural news website, and quite a few of which do not support the statements they are cited for, which leads me to think the writer of this is not just mislead himself but is purposefully trying to be misleading. And yes indeed this is bad in itself, and it is worse when you are misleading people in a way which is potentially very bad for their health.

Another thing that bothered me was that on a few separate occasions it implies a direct link between the use of chemical names or the unpronounceability of those names and their being carcinogenic. Which is absolutely ridiculous and I don't know how you could write an article and expect to have anyone take you seriously after that.

Guest disparaissant

Surprised lack of ET, yikes or derpspairrant up in here.

whoa come on is that really a fair comparison?

anyways lol at the article saying "ignorant medical community." yeah those fuckin ignorant dermatologists! they can eat a melanoma covered dick.

Guest theSun

i just stay out of the sun if i don't want to get burned. too white

except i am it...

fuck that shit

Archived