IGNORED

JAZZ - THE THREAD

halisray

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, th555 said:

Yeah, that's fantastic, so is their Mass Hysterism in Another Situation. Maybe you'll like Masahiko Togashi - Rings, though it's sonically much gentler. Vibracathedral Orchestra maybe.

http://www.japanimprov.com/

Wish I could give you better recs, but my j-jazz isn't as organized as it used to be.

thanks. i actually got their mass hysterism and that's a trip

• 2 weeks later...

Scofield starts at 3:50-ish. Takes a while to get up to steam but once he gets there (around 4:40) he's great.

Pat Martino is always one of my favorites.

The interplay between the two of them, towards the end (starts around 10:10) is really fantastic.

Love how good these guys are that they can make a boring instrument (the guitar) and a hackneyed tune sound awesome.

• Like 2

On 2/12/2023 at 3:31 PM, rhmilo said:

Scofield starts at 3:50-ish. Takes a while to get up to steam but once he gets there (around 4:40) he's great.

Pat Martino is always one of my favorites.

The interplay between the two of them, towards the end (starts around 10:10) is really fantastic.

Love how good these guys are that they can make a boring instrument (the guitar) and a hackneyed tune sound awesome.

I'm interested. Pat Martino and John Scofield are well, two very different approaches to jazz guitar.

• Like 1

On 2/16/2023 at 12:34 AM, Nebraska said:

She's *such* a good saxophone player ?

Too bad she always plays over those two chord dirges all the time. For me that becomes boring very quickly.

But then I tend to like excessively noodly stuff, so what do I know.

Here's one of my favourite saxophone players, at a concert I attended a few months ago. Almost made me cry because the musicians were so good (be sure to check out the drummer, too!):

Concert proper starts at 25:20

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...