IGNORED

do you work out?

oyster

Check my resting heart beat today, fucking 60 (down from mid-80's), great stuff.

I found a nice routine that works for me

Bike to work 5 days a week ( takes me about 15-20 minutes to get there, there is a bunch of hills on my way there so that helps a lot with cardio)

Mon and Thu i work on muscle, basic stuff, legs (110lbs, 10 sets of ten), abs (60lbs, 5 sets of ten), chest(85 10 sets of ten), biceps (80 10 sets of ten)

Tus and Fri i do cardio, run 4-5 miles

Saturday, hour and a half of soccer

i rest Wednesdays and sundays.

I still can't get a good diet, although right now its not that bad i know i can improve.

A lot of anxiety associated with the heart is gone now (a big plus), i still get panicky from time to time but im able to roll with it for the most part.

Best thing about it is that there is still so much to improve.

do you stand for any of that?

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So last Saturday I did a murph (first run a mile, then do 100 chinups, 200 pushups, 300 squats in any order, then run another mile).

My time wasn't so good. Got it done in 56:20. I was hoping for better, but it was my first so I can probably bring the time down.

Just wanted some place to boast. Anyone else tried doing murphs or other crossfit benchmarks?

So last Saturday I did a murph (first run a mile, then do 100 chinups, 200 pushups, 300 squats in any order, then run another mile).

My time wasn't so good. Got it done in 56:20. I was hoping for better, but it was my first so I can probably bring the time down.

Just wanted some place to boast. Anyone else tried doing murphs or other crossfit benchmarks?

impressive. you didn't pause in between?

I'm doing couch-to-5k :shrug: my fitness is very on-and-off but I'm committed to getting the running thing going this time. haven't missed a session yet.

impressive. you didn't pause in between?

I'm doing couch-to-5k :shrug: my fitness is very on-and-off but I'm committed to getting the running thing going this time. haven't missed a session yet.

I took lots of pauses, and by pauses I mean lying on my back in a public park panting like a madman.

In crossfit, when you do an exercise "for time", you just start the clock when you start and stop when you finish. You can spend as much time as you want dicking around, but it will make your score worse.

EDIT: Good luck with the running. I felt pretty chuffed the first time I got 5k. Keep it new and shiny in your mind, so you'll always be motivated to get out there.

in my 3rd week of p90x3. I did the 1st and 2nd program with great results and I'm enjoying the third program.

It's a bit gimmicky and some of the commentary throughout the vids is just painful to listen to. But results are great.

We should do a compilation album sampling p90x.

I hate it.... but I LOVE it.

I keep waiting for that Dreya Webber's dick to fall out of "her" outfit.

She's way more manly than me and I'm a pretty hairy guy.

• 2 weeks later...

Been getting back into working out past few months. Still weaker than my highschool weightlifting self and college muscular/performance peak, sooo I gotta long way to go.... BuuUuUUuUt getting there.

But recently I've been going to the gym and pumping iron like Arnald Schwarzenhoff. Last year I was doing mostly calisthenics. Calisthenics are a fuckton harder due to stabilization shitz, so I gotta bring that back. Bar shit = mad fast gains, brah. Prolly on my Saturdays. Weights 3~ a week, calisthenic Caturdays.

Been cycling like a cunt since the beginning of this year. Was starting to burn out a lot, getting serious muscle soreness but I've added DDP Yoga to my life now and I feel really flexible, strong as fuck and am constantly full of energy. It's pretty great.

Last year I was doing mostly calisthenics. Calisthenics are a fuckton harder due to stabilization shitz, so I gotta bring that back.

Sounds like you've been engaging your core.

I did pullups the other day, but instead of just pulling myself up with my arms, I engaged my core, turning the pullups into a full body workout.

I flopped around like a fish while hanging onto the bar.

Core engagement.

• 1 month later...

just started Insanity, need to shift quite a bit of weight and poor general fitness is affecting my football. Day 1 fit test and I'm broken!!

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

Holy shit. The running a mile, having a break then running another mile thing I could do no probs but the rest of that is proper hardcore! 100 chinups?!

• 1 month later...

Proud of this beastly total body workout I did today! 55 minutes!

Exercise Rep Weight

Weighted Squats 20 90

Stiff Leg Deadlift 15 160

Standard Pushup + crunch 20 reps

Scarecrow 15 20

Wght 3 Way Calf Raise 30 160

Collar bone crushers 15 40

Strip Set Curls 32 55,45,35,25

Step Back Lunge 40 30

Lawnmower 15 90

Military Pushup 35

Swimmers Press 15 35

Side Tri Rise 52

Cross body hammer curls 36 45

Sumo Squat + Kick 20

Back Fly 15 60

Diamond Pushups 20

One arm deltoid row 12 30

Throw the bomb 15 30

Crazy Eights 32 30

30 bonus pushups

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, compared to that workout 2 weeks ago I've had some serious gains! Just finished this monster. Added an 8th exercise (abs) to every superset.

Exercise Rep Weight

Weighted Squats 11 180lbs total

Stiff Leg Deadlift 9 210lbs total

Pushups 3 Ways 51 body weight

Front/side Lateral Raise 12 25lbs per hand

Wght 3 Way Calf Raise 30 210lbs total

Collar bone crushers 15 45lbs per hand

Strip Set Curls 32 60,50,40,30lbs per hand

Scissor Twist 24 BW

Wght Forward Lunge 20 100lbs total

Rocket Launcher Row 15 65lbs per hand

Military Pushup 52 BW

One Arm Deltoid Row 10 40lbs per hand

Wght 3 Way Calf Raise 33 180lbs total

Chair Dips 34 BW

Hammer Curls 16 55lbs per hand

Oblique Crunches 40 BW

Side to Side Lunge 34 BW

Back Fly 15 65lbs per hand

Diamond Pushups 34 BW

Shoulder A Press 15 45lbs per hand

Wght 3 Way Calf Raise 30 180lbs total

Seated Tri Extensions 15 40lbs per hand

21s 21 35lbs per hand

Donavan Bailey Ab Set 40 BW

Bonus Round:

20 fast squats

30 wide fly pushups

15 Full supination curls, 40lbs per hand

When you say weighted squats, do you mean with a barbell? Or holding dumbbells? or something else altogether that I'm overlooking?

Also, I hate diamond pushups. such a bitch. lol

Just holding dumbbells!

I've been told my squats are a little light, so I'm trying to beef em' up a bit.

I've been really happy with these total body workouts I'm making, getting good results. Me and the gf are starting to play tennis too, for cardio (and fun).

I am on a professional bicycle racing team, so am pretty fit. I could destroy every single person on this forum on a road bike, no question.

So is Tour de France your favorite Kraftwerk album?

Herp derp le derp

Archived