do you work out?

oyster

Started doing pushups again recently, and also started eating a lot more protein throughout the day.

If there were some youths in my position, they might describe their current state as "gettin' hella swole."

I still need to start eating more leafy greens, since I'm missing out on a lot of energy in the form of B vitamins.

Edited by Braintree

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've been using perfect pushups... Those rotating handles. They target more muscles than a normal pushup, and are way easier on your wrist (which is good, since I broke my wrist last year and would often hurt after doing normal pushups).

These, some free weights, and situps are all I am doing at the moment. I really need to get some cardio going again, but really cant figure out how to fit it in my schedule, as I am working 12 hour days (factoring in my commute). The pushups and sit ups I do in my office, so those are easy to fit into the day.

I've been using perfect pushups... Those rotating handles. They target more muscles than a normal pushup, and are way easier on your wrist (which is good, since I broke my wrist last year and would often hurt after doing normal pushups).

These, some free weights, and situps are all I am doing at the moment. I really need to get some cardio going again, but really cant figure out how to fit it in my schedule, as I am working 12 hour days (factoring in my commute). The pushups and sit ups I do in my office, so those are easy to fit into the day.

Yeah 12 hour days suck. They are standard in the film industry. Normally it's ok because I don't work 5 days a week, but now I am and it's a little nuts. Don't know how people do this.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just do some yoga. You don't have to move and it's a great cardiovascular exercise. It will increase your leg strength as well so next time you run your performance will be much better.

Check my resting heart beat today, fucking 60 (down from mid-80's), great stuff.

I found a nice routine that works for me

Bike to work 5 days a week ( takes me about 15-20 minutes to get there, there is a bunch of hills on my way there so that helps a lot with cardio)

Mon and Thu i work on muscle, basic stuff, legs (110lbs, 10 sets of ten), abs (60lbs, 5 sets of ten), chest(85 10 sets of ten), biceps (80 10 sets of ten)

Tus and Fri i do cardio, run 4-5 miles

Saturday, hour and a half of soccer

i rest Wednesdays and sundays.

I still can't get a good diet, although right now its not that bad i know i can improve.

A lot of anxiety associated with the heart is gone now (a big plus), i still get panicky from time to time but im able to roll with it for the most part.

Best thing about it is that there is still so much to improve.

do you stand for any of that?

• 1 month later...

So last Saturday I did a murph (first run a mile, then do 100 chinups, 200 pushups, 300 squats in any order, then run another mile).

My time wasn't so good. Got it done in 56:20. I was hoping for better, but it was my first so I can probably bring the time down.

Just wanted some place to boast. Anyone else tried doing murphs or other crossfit benchmarks?

So last Saturday I did a murph (first run a mile, then do 100 chinups, 200 pushups, 300 squats in any order, then run another mile).

My time wasn't so good. Got it done in 56:20. I was hoping for better, but it was my first so I can probably bring the time down.

Just wanted some place to boast. Anyone else tried doing murphs or other crossfit benchmarks?

impressive. you didn't pause in between?

I'm doing couch-to-5k :shrug: my fitness is very on-and-off but I'm committed to getting the running thing going this time. haven't missed a session yet.

impressive. you didn't pause in between?

I'm doing couch-to-5k :shrug: my fitness is very on-and-off but I'm committed to getting the running thing going this time. haven't missed a session yet.

I took lots of pauses, and by pauses I mean lying on my back in a public park panting like a madman.

In crossfit, when you do an exercise "for time", you just start the clock when you start and stop when you finish. You can spend as much time as you want dicking around, but it will make your score worse.

EDIT: Good luck with the running. I felt pretty chuffed the first time I got 5k. Keep it new and shiny in your mind, so you'll always be motivated to get out there.

Edited by Root5

in my 3rd week of p90x3. I did the 1st and 2nd program with great results and I'm enjoying the third program.

It's a bit gimmicky and some of the commentary throughout the vids is just painful to listen to. But results are great.

We should do a compilation album sampling p90x.

I hate it.... but I LOVE it.

I keep waiting for that Dreya Webber's dick to fall out of "her" outfit.

She's way more manly than me and I'm a pretty hairy guy.

• 2 weeks later...

Been getting back into working out past few months. Still weaker than my highschool weightlifting self and college muscular/performance peak, sooo I gotta long way to go.... BuuUuUUuUt getting there.

But recently I've been going to the gym and pumping iron like Arnald Schwarzenhoff. Last year I was doing mostly calisthenics. Calisthenics are a fuckton harder due to stabilization shitz, so I gotta bring that back. Bar shit = mad fast gains, brah. Prolly on my Saturdays. Weights 3~ a week, calisthenic Caturdays.

Been cycling like a cunt since the beginning of this year. Was starting to burn out a lot, getting serious muscle soreness but I've added DDP Yoga to my life now and I feel really flexible, strong as fuck and am constantly full of energy. It's pretty great.

I did pullups the other day, but instead of just pulling myself up with my arms, I engaged my core, turning the pullups into a full body workout.

I flopped around like a fish while hanging onto the bar.

Core engagement.

• 1 month later...

just started Insanity, need to shift quite a bit of weight and poor general fitness is affecting my football. Day 1 fit test and I'm broken!!