IGNORED

do you work out?

oyster

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

to me it means whole fruits/veggies/beans/nuts/eggs. avoiding processed foods/breads etc. not adding sugar to my coffee, sauces, dressings etc. i try to eat like that, but usually at dinner time if i have say, a salad with a couple of eggs or nuts for protein, i'm still going to be fuckin' hungry. sometimes i'll have the willpower to cut myself off (and have generally been a good bit better about it the last few months). other times i'll toss a veggie burger/dog in the microwave and cover it in sugary/fatty condiments or throw 10 frozen veggie dumplings in the bamboo steamer 'cause it's fucking easy and fills me up like meat mmmmmm

i also have an insipid sweet tooth that has been really hard to reign in. pretty crazy how much sweeter/delicious fruit tastes if you go a few days with absolutely no added sugars

basically i don't have (or at least haven't had) the willpower to ever stay on the wagon very long. always some social get together or eating out with friends, being too tired after work to cook/eat healthy, some reason to justify to myself eating shit. eating is fucking fun, and eating shit is really fucking fun (to me)

What do you put on your salads for dressing?

whoops sorry, i meant perezvon. one thing i found when i was vegan is it can be hard to deal with nutrition. if you are not getting protein from things like meat and fish it can be a bit of a pain. i eventually had to give up vegan/full veggie diet for this reason.

@lala i know what you mean, i totally ignore the ripped guys at the gym, grunting, sweat dripping down their bulging pectorals.

Oh i actually mostly eat lean meat ! Bacon is delicious but I hardly get stuff like that.

:cisfor:

have you tried turkey bacon? it takes very similar but is way better for you.

also try swapping out mince for quorn mince in stuff like chilli and bolognese.

Turkey bacon isn't better for you. That's a misconception.

Fat only causes obesity when mixed with a high sugar diet. Neither sugar nor fat are inherently fattening by themselves. Except for the long term effects of high sugar diet being metabolic disease. Sugar also contributes to overeating when in the food supply.

The most unhealthy thing about bacon is the way that you prepare it. Burning food oxidizes it and makes it unhealthy. Bacon is also cured using nitrites and nitrates which are cancer causing and the reason why you should buy uncured bacon.

to me it means whole fruits/veggies/beans/nuts/eggs. avoiding processed foods/breads etc. not adding sugar to my coffee, sauces, dressings etc. i try to eat like that, but usually at dinner time if i have say, a salad with a couple of eggs or nuts for protein, i'm still going to be fuckin' hungry. sometimes i'll have the willpower to cut myself off (and have generally been a good bit better about it the last few months). other times i'll toss a veggie burger/dog in the microwave and cover it in sugary/fatty condiments or throw 10 frozen veggie dumplings in the bamboo steamer 'cause it's fucking easy and fills me up like meat mmmmmm

i also have an insipid sweet tooth that has been really hard to reign in. pretty crazy how much sweeter/delicious fruit tastes if you go a few days with absolutely no added sugars

basically i don't have (or at least haven't had) the willpower to ever stay on the wagon very long. always some social get together or eating out with friends, being too tired after work to cook/eat healthy, some reason to justify to myself eating shit. eating is fucking fun, and eating shit is really fucking fun (to me)

What do you put on your salads for dressing?

now mostly homemade vinaigrettes. either grated tomato w/balsamic, or a little olive oil, balsamic, and yellow mustard

whoops sorry, i meant perezvon. one thing i found when i was vegan is it can be hard to deal with nutrition. if you are not getting protein from things like meat and fish it can be a bit of a pain. i eventually had to give up vegan/full veggie diet for this reason.

Don't know about when you were vegan, but in 2015 nutrient tracking is easy, you can do it on your phone, plenty of options.

I'm far from being a vegan but lately for many reasons I do try to severely limit my consumption of all foods of animal origin. Basically I only allow myself a maximum of one meal a day that contains any animal products at all (be it meat, dairy, eggs, ...) and go for zero whenever I can.

In the short time that I've been doing this I've already picked up a few habits (like eating lots of legumes, whole grains, quinoa, ...) that actually cause me to overshoot my protein target on the days where I do end up eating meat in the evening. The only thing you really should supplement (either separately or via fortified foods) is B12 apparently, all other nutrients you can get from eating the right stuff.

I play golf while listening to Drexciya.

golf doesn't get enough credit for its lushness.

+1

In a lot of ways it is the most IDM sport

No way

Golf is seapunk or something, at best

IDM is tennis or hockey maybe

edit for science: forest psytrance = toboggan

I have a running machine in my office at home, I don't use it enough. I also have some weights, but haven't used them in ages, must start back on them a few times a week. I have to do squats and other stretches on the regular though to keep my joints working properly. I'm only 35, but I reckon my joints feel at least 5 years older than that. I have a standing desk as well, which helps as I'd be sat in front of a computer 12 hours a day otherwise.

Current Stats:

6'5"

177lbs

Bench: 200lbs

Deadlift: 225lbs (?)

Pull-ups: 16 no rest (infinite recharge)

Squat: 185lbs (?)

Legpress: 405lbs

bullshit. You serious?

How is it that you cannot squat more than you bench? That seems kind of nutty.

Current Stats:

6'5"

177lbs

bullshit. You serious?

It's weird, I see "bros" at the gym all the time who can't squat for shit (I'm not calling you a "bro" sheatheman, don't worry). They have huge chests and big ass glamour muscles, but they can't squat anything.

Also sheathe - you're one of those skinny strong types hey? Lucky bastard. :flower:

I'm 5'11" and I weigh 180 now...much to my shame. It's my ass. All this sitting in my office job....

I lost 20 pounds by simply playing WarioWare Wii while exaggerating every gesture as if I was having a seizure. 20 minutes a day - excellent cardio. I was gutted when my hikikomori flatmate's parents came to pick him up and he stole my copy. At least he came out of his room for that.

Current Stats:

6'5"

177lbs

bullshit. You serious?

It's weird, I see "bros" at the gym all the time who can't squat for shit (I'm not calling you a "bro" sheatheman, don't worry). They have huge chests and big ass glamour muscles, but they can't squat anything.

Also sheathe - you're one of those skinny strong types hey? Lucky bastard. :flower:

I'm 5'11" and I weigh 180 now...much to my shame. It's my ass. All this sitting in my office job....

You could simply just have a different body type, but 177 for being 6'5 is extremely low. I have to cut calories just to get under 180 and I'm 5'11 also.

Current Stats:

6'5"

177lbs

bullshit. You serious?

Keep in mind that's squatting 185 PLUS his body weight. Thereby making it more than what he's benching.

Current Stats:

6'5"

177lbs

bullshit. You serious?

Keep in mind that's squatting 185 PLUS his body weight. Thereby making it more than what he's benching.

lol

some weird math in there

Current Stats:

6'5"

177lbs

bullshit. You serious?

You should be able to put more on the bar, your quads are way stronger that your pecs. I can squat 230 (plus bar and body weight).

Current Stats:

6'5"

177lbs

bullshit. You serious?

lol

some weird math in there

How so? =/

185 + 177 > 200.

Current Stats:

6'5"

177lbs

bullshit. You serious?

You should be able to put more on the bar, your quads are way stronger that your pecs. I can squat 230 (plus bar and body weight).

I agree. I was just saying that 185 + 177 is more than 200.

I also can squat far more than I bench.

Current Stats:

6'5"

177lbs

bullshit. You serious?

i'm uncertain what you're saying bullshit about. that i can bench more than i squat?

i used (?) to indicate that i don't really know my max on those lifts and don't usually do heavy weight. i have to have more muscle to overcome the leverage problem of being 6'5", have to push a lot further than shorter people.

i have never tried to squat more than 185, and i've only been working out for about a year and a half. form is hard and i come close to injuring myself if i go too heavy. i'm mostly focusing on calisthenics.

i feel being comfortable with my own body weight +50 pounds is my best route. i don't care about bulking, but i do aim for 200 g protein per day, and a 40/40/20 split for carb/protein/fat, which works out to about 40 g fat per day, and 200 g each of carb/protein

The thing that was most shocking to me was your height vs body weight.

I also mostly do bodyweight exercise. Can do about 10 pull-ups without rest right now.

Don't like too much resistance training, because I like my clothes to continue to fit.

Archived