IGNORED

do you work out?

oyster

Work out? Not in about two years. I'm afraid to exercise outdoors now in case anyone I know sees the true of extent of my absolute exhaustion. I've put on almost no weight despite eating fairly badly but to be honest, I'm going to get back into it. Soon enough I'll probably start getting heavier. Plus, true artists are incredibly thin and frail looking and that.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing that was most shocking to me was your height vs body weight.

I also mostly do bodyweight exercise. Can do about 10 pull-ups without rest right now.

Don't like too much resistance training, because I like my clothes to continue to fit.

post calorie intake i can weigh 184. my weight fluctuates by 7 pounds i'd say. i weighed 235 in highschool

ive given up on clothes. i just got some 33" waist jeans (not rick owens but still $$) and now those are loose.

I just weighed myself cuz of this thread: 80kg / 176lbs

Sweet. Somehow poundage matches height in cm, which is what I planned since I was 5 years old.

My goal is 5,000 pounds of pure muscle at 5% bodyfat, but it's gonna be tough.

The thing that was most shocking to me was your height vs body weight.

I also mostly do bodyweight exercise. Can do about 10 pull-ups without rest right now.

Don't like too much resistance training, because I like my clothes to continue to fit.

post calorie intake i can weigh 184. my weight fluctuates by 7 pounds i'd say. i weighed 235 in highschool

ive given up on clothes. i just got some 33" waist jeans (not rick owens but still $$) and now those are loose.

Yeah, mine has been doing the 7 pound thing lately too. One day I'm 177, two days later I'm 184. When I only do body weight exercise the clothes thing isn't an issue. Chest and arms get a little larger but stay within the same size range. Pants usually get more loose but look better.

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

Sweet. Somehow poundage matches height in cm, which is what I planned since I was 5 years old.

If you kept the poundage to height ratio the same that would mean becoming 50 metres tall. If you did that you'd probably need to grow muscles that were less dense than normal ones in order to keep to the 5,000 pounds limit? Would you rather do that or stay the same size but become more dense than diamonds? You'd need to get some specially reinforced furniture but that would probably be more convenient than having to build a really tall house

6months on from learning to walk again:

1st steps walking up hills, 2nd steps = bigger hills, 3rd step take dog up n down more hills,,,,,,,,,, increments

walking thru British cities is hell, but krav maga brings u into the here n more poignantly than anything else.... the irony is crowds = no

countryside quiet = yes

steady balanced diet = yes

less than 3 units of alcohol a year

i'm fitter than i've ever been in life (drop dead tomorrow, you watch)

14 stones, 6ft on the £, brought my resting pulse down, zero paunch (alcohol affliction btw at least personally)

silver-back times

If you kept the poundage to height ratio the same that would mean becoming 50 metres tall. If you did that you'd probably need to grow muscles that were less dense than normal ones in order to keep to the 5,000 pounds limit? Would you rather do that or stay the same size but become more dense than diamonds? You'd need to get some specially reinforced furniture but that would probably be more convenient than having to build a really tall house

Thank you for the analysis, man, but luckily I've thoroughly thought this through. Instead of growing to be a gargantuan freak of nature, I decided that I can slowly inject my muscles with 24k gold, which should stay within the muscle fibers. Unfortunately- I just checked now and gold at $36.60 a gram, and having to inject 2177 kg of gold into me- that's $79,678,200. Motherfucking EIGHTY MILLION DOLLARS worth of gold I need, so it's gonna take awhile.

Holy SHIT- but tungsten is about the same density as gold, and it's only $27.72 a kg. $60,346 total! That's way cheaper. Fuck gold.

TUNGSTEN IDM BODY IT IS. 5,000 pound body... here I come.

6months on from learning to walk again:

1st steps walking up hills, 2nd steps = bigger hills, 3rd step take dog up n down more hills,,,,,,,,,, increments

walking thru British cities is hell, but krav maga brings u into the here n more poignantly than anything else.... the irony is crowds = no

countryside quiet = yes

steady balanced diet = yes

less than 3 units of alcohol a year

i'm fitter than i've ever been in life (drop dead tomorrow, you watch)

14 stones, 6ft on the £, brought my resting pulse down, zero paunch (alcohol affliction btw at least personally)

silver-back times

first time clicking on this thread, interesting post (most of your posts are)

what happened to you? as you say '6 months on from learning to walk again'

i had blow out at about 80mph coming home from Bristol.

front driver's side tire popped, lururched into the hard-shoulder bays where hgv's park up overnight,,,,, ended up joe-mangled/spread down the side of 1 wagonwhile the engine quietly smoked and no-one speaking made any sense (I.V. ketamine as i found out)

my pelvis got reconstructed, which was the biggest worry cos it woulda meant a permanent limp if all the individual grafts n metal hadnt held

and the skin grafts on my face = someone was looking over me during that ordeal.......

i should be dead, at least lost my legs, but bones healed fine, ater thats its pain pain pain pain pain etc u get the message

its the 3/4month mark that it really hits you, proper black magic styles

front driver's side tire popped, lururched into the hard-shoulder bays where hgv's park up overnight,,,,, ended up joe-mangled/spread down the side of 1 wagonwhile the engine quietly smoked and no-one speaking made any sense (I.V. ketamine as i found out)

my pelvis got reconstructed, which was the biggest worry cos it woulda meant a permanent limp if all the individual grafts n metal hadnt held

and the skin grafts on my face = someone was looking over me during that ordeal.......

i should be dead, at least lost my legs, but bones healed fine, ater thats its pain pain pain pain pain etc u get the message

Christ on a bike!

I don't know what to say, I wasn't expecting a story like that. It always brings home how small my daily woes are (like this morning I've ran out green tea bags lol).

Hope you have a good day matey :beer:

yoga is your friend

yoga is your friend

shit! glad you are alive man.. really sorry to hear that...

and 100000% take up yoga. ive seen people who had accidents (hell, the most famous teacher in brighton started a school because he had a back injury and couldnt walk, and now he can stand on one leg with the other over his head, the dancer), people who couldnt even bend to touch their knees, let alone their toes etc.

and it takes time, little by little, but the oxygen flowing through the veins over the bones and the muscles start to work their wonders and sure enough, people get their mobility back. i could waffle about this for ages but it really does work, and very gently.

defo do it

it can also help you get through any psychological shit that you may have due to the crash. much crying might happen, but it will be cathartic (lol i nearly cried then)

fuck me that sounds horrendous. I've been lucky enough to never have had any serious physical ailments, though I did nearly once die due to a potato, and I once walked off a ledge at a rave out in the countryside and dropped about 30ft down to the ground through the branches of a tree and miraculously landed on my feet without a scratch (I think it was all the drugs in me at the time that protected me). but walking out of a situation like that alive is pretty intense, can't imagine how you'd deal with something like that.

• 2 months later...

Now that I've got most of my life back on track, I've been working out a lot. I've only lost a couple pounds in the last 2 weeks but I've already lost 1.5% body fat!

I'm also weighing and tracking all of my food and calories, which yes is a complete bitch but the better visibility on my diet helps me reach my goals and is helping my blood pressure come down too.

Not a huge fan of the tony horton programs (p90x etc) as I make better upper/lower weight lifting workouts, in my opinion (and I get better results with mine too). That said, I'm thinking of doing a round of the classic p90x just for the diversity with all of the cardio and yoga/stretching workouts etc.

Looking forward to sharing results.

• 2 weeks later...

Never worked out in a gym in my life but over the last week I've been thinking of building up my upper body strength and the muscles which ain't been flexed in years. During the winter months I'm a couch potato ... I don't wanna fall into that trap again this winter, so I went down to the sport stadium after work and got this thing where you get 12 days access for £12. Started off on the rowing machine without realising how you could change the settings, just watched what other people were doing and pretended I wasn't a noob to this , did a few km on that cross trainer thing and then another thing where you sit down and pull the weights horizontal with your arms behind you. Was there an hour and a half, sweating absolute buckets dripping down onto the plastic of the cross trainer like a tap. I liked it though, gonna try and keep it up next couple of weeks and take it from there, on the equipment, once one set of muscles turn to jelly you can go and do something else, start off slow and build up. I finished with a 5 minute rowing session and have been stretching for the last couple of hours to try and minimise the pain i'm gonna be in tomorrow morning. If I can move when I wake up i'll head back down for more punishment...and one thing I will definitely be doing is taking my mp3 player with me and getting some Ae on it because the music there is fucking horrific, hard house fairground music shit with chipmonks singing, what in the name of almighty fuck - as if the workout itself wasn't hard enough.

Archived