IGNORED

Just a small expression of gratitude

Guest abusivegeorge

Guest abusivegeorge

3 years ago today I was already a member of this forum, on July 4th 2008 I was in hospital with a very short time left to live and they said nothing could be done, liver failure. A truely hopeless acoholic. 5 months later, on December the 1st I ended up in treatment with a liver barely functioning, aged 21. In one month from now I turn 24, and today I live sober and happy (although it hasn't been an easy journey, with many relapses, for the most part I have been sober). WATMM has been quite a big part of my life and I know, it's just an internet forum. It's what I've gained from the people here, outside of the forum though as well as this place providing many lols and fantastic music to move my mind. Like-minded people who've become genuine friends and shown me a lot of support.

So WATMM, thank you and happy 4th of July, I hope you all have an awesome week.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Coalbucket PI

Well done son. I thought you were about 35 but it turns out you're younger than me so I can call you that.

Guest underscore

stay strong dude.

also, i've seen shit like hepatic encephalopathy up close and personal (lived in the same house with a loved one experiencing it.) praise xenu they got a transplant last year. hope your healthy these days and keep that health.

You suck at dying young. HOORAY!!!! :flower:

Shit I thought you were well older than that man. For real that's awesome. (the not dying part)

Guest abusivegeorge

Thanks guys :-)! Don't get ya hopes up just yet, I'm off to Spain in September and will probably partake in some ecoli based salad lunches.

Guest Coalbucket PI

Did you get a transplant? or did you just hug your liver and say go on buddy you can do it?

Guest abusivegeorge

Ah thanks guys :wub:

Did you get a transplant? or did you just hug your liver and say go on buddy you can do it?

Unfortunately there was no chance, liver transplants just don't happen like that anymore, there's a huge waiting list so those that come into hospital, and their liver is fucked, they're most likely going to die. If you have severe liver disease and it's expected you'll live 2-3 years or more, but will definetly need one eventually, then you'll go on the waiting list. So I just held on for dear life!

Archived