IGNORED

Just a small expression of gratitude

Guest abusivegeorge

3 years ago today I was already a member of this forum, on July 4th 2008 I was in hospital with a very short time left to live and they said nothing could be done, liver failure. A truely hopeless acoholic. 5 months later, on December the 1st I ended up in treatment with a liver barely functioning, aged 21. In one month from now I turn 24, and today I live sober and happy (although it hasn't been an easy journey, with many relapses, for the most part I have been sober). WATMM has been quite a big part of my life and I know, it's just an internet forum. It's what I've gained from the people here, outside of the forum though as well as this place providing many lols and fantastic music to move my mind. Like-minded people who've become genuine friends and shown me a lot of support.

So WATMM, thank you and happy 4th of July, I hope you all have an awesome week.

Plus muthafucking 1

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also george, i said mo.m - like a cougar .. because you said that you wanted two mummies (which i interpreted as sugar mummies) .. And then some people round here go, mo - like a fox when they're trying to be tricky .. So that's what that was all aboot. ,l

Am i making sense, been awake for too long. pain.

Guest abusivegeorge

Also george, i said mo.m - like a cougar .. because you said that you wanted two mummies (which i interpreted as sugar mummies) .. And then some people round here go, mo - like a fox when they're trying to be tricky .. So that's what that was all aboot. ,l

Am i making sense, been awake for too long. pain.

Ah yeah I get ya now, sorry a bit slow on the uptake but yeah, you're making sense and I now understand!

Guest El_Chemso

Well done George, takes serious cahones to change, let alone change and beat addiction.

So how is your liver now, is it regenerating, livers can do that right?

Goes without saying how glad I am to read this mate. But didn't I always say you'd get to this stage sooner or later? Go out and get 'em boy!

EDIT: You might want LUDD to elucidate on that last sentence, but it'll be more than worth it.

Guest Enter a new display name

**turns troll mode off**

You're awesome, George. We all know you were without a doubt the center of this forum at some point a few years ago. You also know I always promised you if we ever met, I wouldn't even think about drinking a single drop in front of you as a sign of support! :beer:

**trolls on WATMM again**

Guest abusivegeorge

Thanks guys! And LOL at the replies in here, Wahrk your nyan alcoholic beverages had me cracking up.

Well done George, takes serious cahones to change, let alone change and beat addiction.

So how is your liver now, is it regenerating, livers can do that right?

Well, once the liver is at the stage mine is, which is severe cirrhosis, it cannot repair itself, in fact usually the liver only continues to die and thus death. However, there have been many cases with people under the age of 25 where the cirrhosis stops, and doesn't infect the rest of the liver, so the part that's unaffected remains that way provided it's looked after. I have roughly 25% of my liver function left, and the assumption is that's all of my liver left alive, and it will never be more than that, only get worse if I continue to abuse it. I am lucky to be under 25 and to be one of those cases, it's a miracle it hasn't given out after all the relapses I've had, although they have been short. Most people drink again and continue to do so for months or years. For me, I am just not able to do it, something kicks in after about 10 days and I realise I don't want to die and I stop, this is becoming more and more infrequent and hope that this time, I don't pick up again, ever, which I won't if I continue to do what is suggested.

Goes without saying how glad I am to read this mate. But didn't I always say you'd get to this stage sooner or later? Go out and get 'em boy!

EDIT: You might want LUDD to elucidate on that last sentence, but it'll be more than worth it.

Yeah you certainly did mate, and I was extremely doubtful, what it is for me this time though is a completely different mental attitude/psychic change, at last, exactly where you said I'd get to ;-).

**turns troll mode off**

You're awesome, George. We all know you were without a doubt the center of this forum at some point a few years ago. You also know I always promised you if we ever met, I wouldn't even think about drinking a single drop in front of you as a sign of support! :beer:

**trolls on WATMM again**

Thanks dude! I honestly wouldn't mind if you did drink, but I know that this is something you've always stuck to man BUT I do owe you a drink after doubting your honesty ;-).

Big WATMM :wub: to you all!

Guest nene multiple assgasms

Time to celebrate with a drink!

yes, a nice cup of tea is in order!

:beer: <-------siamese twins enjoying a delicious dragon well

Guest Coalbucket PI

Nice one George, better abuse watmm than alcohol, yea?

Watmm is actually highly toxic to the rectum unfortunately

Guest Iain C

You've been listening to The Wedding Present again haven't you!

Don't blame you...

You've been listening to The Wedding Present again haven't you!

Don't blame you...

I have too recently ^^^ (particularly "why are you being so reasonable now")

Keep up the good work/non dying George

x

Guest Mirezzi

This is like, stuff of legend here.

I have known some seriously fucking insane drunks in my life. Both my parents more or less drank themselves to death, but it took them a few decades.

So how in the fuck does a guy who's a mere 21 years old manage to pound holes in his liver with booze? Did you drink pints of vodka for breakfast, lunch, and dinner?

Either way, I wish you all the success it takes to stay away from the drink. xo

Guest abusivegeorge

The Overlook - I started drinking at 14, by the time I was 15 I was drinking every day and very heavily. For 5 years my intake remained at 30 pints a day. I drank cider which I've been told will rot the liver quicker than any spirits. I would go to the pub morning/early afternoon, as soon as I woke up then return to wherever I was staying with 10 or so cans. My body kept building up a tolerance to the point where I would HAVE to drink more and more to get drunk/feel happy. This had the opposite affect towards the end of my drinking whereby I was getting drunk extremely quickly or my body was rejecting it, I would get very light headed and pass out after just two pints, which I now know is the first sign of developing a wet brain. For the last year of my drinking I stayed at my Nans, and when I went into rehab my parents cleared out the room next to the one I was sleeping in, where I would hide the empties, they stopped counting at 2000 cans.

That's how I did it, also I started drinking long before my liver had fully formed.

Archived