IGNORED

Just a small expression of gratitude

Guest abusivegeorge

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Lady kakapo

Somebody needs to photoshop George standing in front of a massive pissbottle with a smug look on his face.

Question for someone, probably xxx. Why don't alcoholics get fat, their calorie intake is huge? I've known a few proper alkies in my time and they were all rake thin. There seems to be a point where a few pints after work equals beer belly, 30 cans a day equals Bowie. Alkies eat less (or not at all), but 30 cans is about 7,500 cals. I know livers burn a relatively huge amount of cals to work, but surely it can't be just that.

glad to hear your well george and yes the liver does regenerate, quite quickly actually, although if the damage is severe it can take some years. keep taking care my friend and everything will be right as rain

much love. i have learned a lot from you (: thanks for setting a good example. your strength is helpful to everyone.

Guest abusivegeorge

Somebody needs to photoshop George standing in front of a massive pissbottle with a smug look on his face.

Question for someone, probably xxx. Why don't alcoholics get fat, their calorie intake is huge? I've known a few proper alkies in my time and they were all rake thin. There seems to be a point where a few pints after work equals beer belly, 30 cans a day equals Bowie. Alkies eat less (or not at all), but 30 cans is about 7,500 cals. I know livers burn a relatively huge amount of cals to work, but surely it can't be just that.

Question for someone, probably xxx. Why don't alcoholics get fat, their calorie intake is huge?

they don't eat and their metabolism is fucked up

Yup basically what Keltoi says, and they are the wrong type of calories!

Question for someone, probably xxx. Why don't alcoholics get fat, their calorie intake is huge?

they don't eat and their metabolism is fucked up

yup. during intense binges i would buy a bottle of vodka and drink until i forgot i was hungry. some times i would buy potatoe chips.

Archived