IGNORED

Amber

NewSchoolScience

Guest ruiagnelo

can't explain why, but always felt that Amber couldn't possibly have another artwork...

i've heard that place is in Turkey. Would be great to see that view live, looking at it where the photo was taken.

since you've brought it up, i'll pick my top 3 and and special mentions on a classic

Slip Piezo and nine in no order.... it would change if i tried a preference but these 3 stand out easily and will never change.

then Foil stands by itself.

i'll do the rest i listen to in preference. Montreal then Further. I also play Teartear sometimes as i find it to be a good ref for something they did for the first time on an album which is something they've since mastered. Anyone guess what that is? think Cipater or Maphive or Rae or etc.

Yulquen is on my snoozelist..... i really like it and it's the perfect ambient song if you like sleeping with music on

i've heard that place is in Turkey. Would be great to see that view live, looking at it where the photo was taken.

since you've brought it up, i'll pick my top 3 and and special mentions on a classic

Slip Piezo and nine in no order.... it would change if i tried a preference but these 3 stand out easily and will never change.

then Foil stands by itself.

i'll do the rest i listen to in preference. Montreal then Further. I also play Teartear sometimes as i find it to be a good ref for something they did for the first time on an album which is something they've since mastered. Anyone guess what that is? think Cipater or Maphive or Rae or etc.

Yulquen is on my snoozelist..... i really like it and it's the perfect ambient song if you like sleeping with music on

why break it up like that? i only ever listen to it as a full album, or at least, one side at a time. and how could you forget nil!!

Guest sirch

i always thought it wasn't a 'real' place at all. always looked to me like somebody had made that landscape, and those were fake trees.

looks more like a model than a real place to me.

i always thought it wasn't a 'real' place at all. always looked to me like somebody had made that landscape, and those were fake trees.

looks more like a model than a real place to me.

As the first post suggests, it is a real place. Certainly a surreal landscape though. It is called Cappadocia and is in Turkey. There are rocks in Cappadocia shaped like phalluses, and acient peoples lived in cave homes in the rock

cappadocia-3.jpg

Also, thanks to the second poster, new wallpaper!

Guest sirch

Alien! Landscape..

very strange homes to make, for people.. when u could make a small hut on the ground in no time.

but burrowing out a mountain? .........

this is the stuff of the History channel!

MArtian place.

Been there, did 9 days mountain biking round this part of Turkey. Fucking awesome. If it was in America it would of been shoved down everyones throats and not a single person on Earth wouldn't have heard of it. As it is, it's in the middle-of-nowhere. So more reason for you to go.

If I can be bothered I might wack up some photos.

If I can be bothered I might wack up some photos.

Yes please do.

I visited Ürgüp and some of the other towns there, it's a magnificent and enigmatic place with those underground churches and even whole towns drilled into the soft rocks. Apparently, they shot some part of Star Wars there, though I don't know which one.

I remember when I realized the garbage cover was a jumbled version of amber's cover. I shat because I had been in love with garbage for years already.

I remember when I realized the garbage cover was a jumbled version of amber's cover. I shat because I had been in love with garbage for years already.

Same, when i saw a picture of the inner gatefold (where it's really obviously a jumbled Amber) I also shat bricks

Also, sorry that the picture I posted earlier up this page is so large.... :sad:

I think Amber deserves its praise. Where the hell did they pull out those soundscapes from back then? I can't think of anything alike, and I think it was quite a huge leap from the pretty generic but otherwise good Incunabula. Save for Slip, this record has only perfect tunes. I feel Slip's pretty misplaced here, it's such a grey album otherwise. That's why I love it so much, I guess.

I think Amber deserves its praise. Where the hell did they pull out those soundscapes from back then? I can't think of anything alike, and I think it was quite a huge leap from the pretty generic but otherwise good Incunabula. Save for Slip, this record has only perfect tunes. I feel Slip's pretty misplaced here, it's such a grey album otherwise. That's why I love it so much, I guess.

wow, i personally think slip is one of the best tracks on the album. the main melody is psychedelic as fuck!

Guest Sprigg

This was my favourite Ae for a long time. Montreal, Nil, Teartear, Further... the only one I skip is Nine, unless I'm trying to sleep.

Heh, Nine might be the peak of the album for me, in a way. The way it drops after Piezo finishes is just... wow.

I actually walk and bike a lot to this album - it's very thought-provoking. Somehow I also find that it suits summer very well, despite being relatively depressive. Pretty odd.

Heh, Nine might be the peak of the album for me, in a way. The way it drops after Piezo finishes is just... wow.

yep, listened to this album while peaking on acid a couple of years ago, and the piezo-nine transition floored me. nine for some reason reminded me of the letter K.

Guest Balance

Definitely no skips on this album for me. So ahead of its time. Really, such an eye (or ear) opener in its day and still sounds fresh and Alien now.

Silverside gets skipped hurriedly, I hate that track.

But the rest are all good, probably my joint fave album with untilted.

Archived