IGNORED

Actress - Ghettoville

Redruth

I think Our is my fav all out track.

It's a v good album, as I said before, to listen to while staring at the eczema of your fellow bus passengers, the little patches you are able to see, that is, since they are wrapped from head to toe in nomadic fibers.

Guest bitroast

i'm sad Hazyville never got a vinyl re-release outside of the exuberant box set.

emailed ninja tune around announcement time if it would be getting standalone release and got a pretty indefinite maybe. I guess an indefinite maybe not was the answer after all !!

*~*~*~*~*~*~* ATTENTION BOB DOBALINA *~*~*~*~*~*~*

i put this record on today and it's not that bad.

anyway, see ya

:beer:

If you happen to find yourself one state over (RI, we taint that big!) stop on by the Dobalina house and I'll stir us up some manhattans, have the highlights from today's Spurs win over Chelsea on loop & we'll listen to some drexciya, vlad delay and of course actress.

Anyway love both H'ville and G'ville (wasn't it supposedly going to be a trilogy?) but they feel totally different to me, the latter feeling more like a progression from RIP than anything. Would love to see him get back into some of the raw grit that oozed from the first two albums but would be stoked for anything including but not limited to a digital release of Xoul

Oh and Rule remains the proverbial tits :music:

Well put. To me Ghettoville just sounds straight up blunted, like fishbowling some shitty vauxhall compact on a dead end street in a council estate or summat.

Along these lines where'd that whole "oh he just made the whole album then slowed it down XX%" notion come from anyway? Is this mentioned in an interview or is it just someone's take on the album based on how it sounds?

Guest bitroast

Well put. To me Ghettoville just sounds straight up blunted, like fishbowling some shitty vauxhall compact on a dead end street in a council estate or summat.

Along these lines where'd that whole "oh he just made the whole album then slowed it down XX%" notion come from anyway? Is this mentioned in an interview or is it just someone's take on the album based on how it sounds?

lol that's probably just me banging on that it sounds better at 45rpm than 33rpm but no one really seems to agree so nevermind i'm probably just full of shit ^

Guest bitroast

yeah, I can hear that.

for me it started with the silver cloud ep. purchased it on record without hearing samples or anything, and theres no indication as to what speed to play it at, so I just assumed it was 45 and got used to listening to it that way. same goes for this album. I know can't get my head around listening to it at 33. I still haven't listened to the album from start to finish at 33... i'll normally give up and put it back to 45 somewhere haha.

*~*~*~*~*~*~* ATTENTION BOB DOBALINA *~*~*~*~*~*~*

i put this record on today and it's not that bad.

anyway, see ya

:beer:

If you happen to find yourself one state over (RI, we taint that big!) stop on by the Dobalina house and I'll stir us up some manhattans, have the highlights from today's Spurs win over Chelsea on loop & we'll listen to some drexciya, vlad delay and of course actress.

Anyway love both H'ville and G'ville (wasn't it supposedly going to be a trilogy?) but they feel totally different to me, the latter feeling more like a progression from RIP than anything. Would love to see him get back into some of the raw grit that oozed from the first two albums but would be stoked for anything including but not limited to a digital release of Xoul

Oh and Rule remains the proverbial tits :music:

I like everything in this post - even.... actress. my god that spurs game. a feeling I haven't felt in a long time... happiness. #COYS

• 4 months later...
  • 5 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Relistened to this for the first time in awhile and I think it's my favourite of his since Splazsh. I certainly like it much more than R.I.P., which is also pretty nice. I wish we had a subforum for this Darren's music, he's such a gifted musician/producer