IGNORED

Uh, hello?!! Thanks for having me

Guest NapLand

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like this guy already. Has a cool name and a cool disposition. A world traveler who is in tune with gaia... oddly enough choosing watmm as his online sanctuary. I'm feeling more sophisticated by the second.

I like how everyone also told him to :rtfm: even after he claimed he did so. He's already becoming aware of our patterns, probably figuring us all out piece by piece, but he's just chilling and soaking up the atmosphere. Its all good!

Enjoy WATMM NapTime, and remember to not take anything too seriously.

it's like he knows the inner workings of the Magi....

Guest AcrossCanyons

it was through the Plaid website I was first linked here too actually thinking about it.

yo dude. :flower:

Guest sirch

Plaid actually have a great role supporting watmm!

ahem, they only link to their own subforum, for obvious reasons, not the whole site!

..and welcome to you, Napland.. Hello :)

Guest ruiagnelo

ahem, they only link to their own subforum, for obvious reasons, not the whole site!

Plaid's subforum leads to the whole watmm, including the ahem... legendary ... BoC subforum.

Guest sirch

Plaid's subforum leads to the whole watmm, including the ahem... legendary ... BoC subforum.

click the link on their site and it brings you to their subforum, a free forum to discuss and read about Plaid.

that's hardly "a great role supporting watmm!", imho. :)

I like hello threads from new members, they carry so much hope with them. Which hopefully then translates to renewed vitality for the threads and by extension, us crusty old bastards.

also :rtfm:

I like hello threads from new members, they carry so much hope with them. Which hopefully then translates to renewed vitality for the threads and by extension, us crusty old bastards.

also :rtfm:

agreed. I wonder which ones are dupes though. not that I really care because they are usually fun. the hardcore one was classic.

Guest hahathhat

Krill (singular and plural) or euphausiids are small, shrimp-like marine crustaceans that belong to the order (or suborder) Euphausiacea. These small invertebrates are important members of the zooplankton, particularly as food for baleen whales, manta rays, whale sharks, crabeater seals and other pinnipeds, and a few seabird species that feed almost exclusively on them. The name krill also may be used in a limited sense to refer to the genus Euphausia or even just the species Euphausia superba.

As this taxonomic group advances in its individual need of growth, maintenance, and survival, it also fulfills a larger purpose for the ecosystem and for humans. Krill are considered keystone species near the bottom of the food chain because they feed on phytoplankton and to a lesser extent other zooplankton, converting these into a form suitable for many larger animals for whom krill makes up the largest part of their diet. In the Southern Ocean (or Antarctic Ocean), one species, the Antarctic Krill Euphausia superba, makes up a biomass of hundreds of millions of tons, similar to the entire human consumption of animal protein. Over half of this biomass is eaten by whales (such as blue whales and fin whales), seals, penguins, squid, and fish each year, and replaced by growth and reproduction. Most of the species display large daily vertical migrations making a significant amount of biomass available as food for predators near the surface at night and in deeper waters during the day.

In providing for a very rich ecosystem, these small creatures also add to the aesthetic pleasure of humans, who delight in sightings of whales, seals and other marine life. But krill also provide direct economic benefit for people. Commercial fishing of krill is done in the Southern Ocean and in the waters around Japan. The total global production amounts to 150 – 200,000 metric tons annually, most of this from the Scotia Sea. Most krill is used for aquaculture and aquarium feeds, as bait in sport fishing, or in the pharmaceutical industry. In Japan and Russia, krill is also used for human consumption and known as okiami in Japan.

The name krill comes from the Norwegian word krill meaning “young fry of fish.”

Archived