IGNORED

great food ideas

sup

fry diced bacons + onion + baby button mushrooms and add a tin of condensed chicken soup and lots of black pepper

serve over pasta

et voila, a sort of spaghetti carbonara thing

Creme Fraiche is great for a quick pasta sauce. Stick some parmasan or bacons in with it and just mix it in.

sp_1414_clip07.jpg

fixt

Guest Sprigg

just got back from dinner at friday's with my dad and they had a guinness milkshake on the menu that looked amazing. it was just guinness, vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup. seems like such an obvious thing to do, but the thought has never occurred to me. now it has me thinking about how else to incorporate guinness as an ingredient.

Dude, I'm trying that tonight!

just got back from dinner at friday's with my dad and they had a guinness milkshake on the menu that looked amazing. it was just guinness, vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup. seems like such an obvious thing to do, but the thought has never occurred to me. now it has me thinking about how else to incorporate guinness as an ingredient.

beef and guinness pie

Guest uptown devil

let me know how it tastes, i ended up ordering an ice water with ice instead.

that sounds pretty incredible, have you had it? i think i would add pearl onions, they are always delicious in shepherds pie.

Guest Sprigg

let me know how it tastes, i ended up ordering an ice water with ice instead.

It's awesome man! I used chocolate/ chocolate cake batter ice cream instead cuz I didn't have vanilla, and just held out on the chocolate syrup, as the ice cream had streaks of chocolate ice cream. This could be my new favourite drink!

Okay so I decided to kick this thread up a notch with some pictures of a dish I just made.

So I was going to make a chicken curry. And I like to buy my chicken whole, because that way it's cheaper, I can get 3 or so meals out of the meat on the chicken, and I can save the carcass to make chicken soup with later. Anyway, since I had a whole chicken I decided to put the chicken skin in with the curry as well as the breast. It was delicious.

Recipe:

-3ish tablespoons of butter

-1 smallish yellow onion

-2 cloves of garlic

-a bit of fresh ginger

-2 hot thai chili peppers

-2 tablespoons of coriander seeds

-2 tablespoons of fennel seeds (very important to get the taste right)

-1 smallish splash of milk

-2 chicken breasts

-chicken skin

-2 tomatoes

So first I chopped up the onion, rasped the garlic and ginger, chopped up the chili peppers, and threw them all in the wok with the butter. I waited till it started turning golden and threw in the chicken skin. I fried it until the chicken skin was starting to get crunchy (you don't want it to be chewy). Then I ground up the coriander and fennel seeds, and threw them in. I diced the chicken breast and threw it in a minute later. I put in a splash of milk, turned the heat right down, put a lid on it, and let it sit for a while, stirring occasionally, to get all the flavour in the chicken. When I got bored of this, I diced the tomatoes, and threw them in. I turned the heat up a little, and waited until the tomatoes had started to fall apart. It looked like this:

Photo017.jpg

I served it with a blend of brown basmati rice and wild rice. It would probably taste better with white basmati rice, but I like my fibre so there you have it.

Photo019.jpg

It was fairly hot so I rasped some cucumber into some plain yogurt. It was probably about 40% rasped cucumber, 60% yogurt. Make sure you use high-fat yogurt, because low-fat yogurt tastes lame.

Photo018.jpg

Altogether it was delicious, and was plenty for 2 people:

Photo020.jpg

Archived