IGNORED

anthony bourdain is a total badass

kaini

look in the comments and there is an mp4 floating around...just so you guys know

Thanks yo! Can't wait to listen to this. I wanna be as sexy as Tony ... if not as carcinogenic.

Overall he's a nice kid though

:blink: how old are you?

He went to a good college, he was a heroin addict for many years. He's done real time in real kitchens. He can walk the walk

indeed sir.

he looks more white-collar, clean cut in his recent sodes, i miss the 2 sizes too small shirts and jorts andy... he's definitely living it up in his cash now, hopefully it's not weighing him down too much emotionally/mentally/spiritually, though it seems that's the case. just doesn't seems as down to earth or interested in those cultural/human aspects of his travels now, seems more like he just wants to live large and eat well... but i'm only going off this clip ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlaImU2j_hM&lc=sO_BNQagx-yxaXepEgHDZTGFW5Tc5stJOabvoT_OwUI&feature=inbox

watching this on lsd opens your eyes to the pompousness he's exuding, i mean, is his hair feathered? don't go too far down that rabbit hole bud

Guest Deep Fried Everything

there's a link to an m4a file which is still working, and also the streaming link should back up soon according to the thread..

To the first point, you know what i mean don't ya. On the second point, maybe what i was talking about was too subtle for you to notice.

no. i dont know what you mean. for someone you hold no "ill-will" towards, claiming that someone is acting like they are literate is pretty insulting.

the second point, yes. it was incredibly subtle, and I apologize for not picking up on it.

Yet again, this is an example, a rather bold example of cultural point missing. I'll get to what that entails at the end of this post.

To further expand on the first point now that i won't have to worry about being late for work by writing the reply, (still though a little pisht instead). A friend of mind has a tendency to raise the tone of his voice when he's being extra nice to people, Anthony does this too. It grates cause it's fake. Sure it's an attempt to make a connection, but still, for someone that initially sold himself as being the cynical clown prince with the ramones loving credentials to prove it, there is a logical lapse that leaves the moment wanting.

Now with my friend i'm pretty sure that he doesn't realise that he's doing it himself, yet he's still my friend. I love the fucker, he's awesome. But there are character flaws in us all and this i find is one of our boi Anthony's.

The second point resides in my gut as this. That high pitched thing again. gleh so drunk i don't care anymore so i'll move on to wrapping it up.

In our nation we take the piss out of people, people close to us are not safe. Some miss-label it as the tall poppy syndrome, irrespective of the situation. Missing the gradient of scale, instead placing those worthy of ire in a mire of profligate vile intention. So forgetting that, for this kid, whom i like intensely, it's more a jibba jibe shunt to short term detention. i've watched the show for a while and have found the character flaws expanded through close inspection. yanoe.

yie diG ;-]

---

Also, maybe they canned the vid, cause his wife complained about being called weird, or whatever it was he said in passing. Overall, he's a lovely man. God talking to americans is trying.

To the first point, you know what i mean don't ya. On the second point, maybe what i was talking about was too subtle for you to notice.

no. i dont know what you mean. for someone you hold no "ill-will" towards, claiming that someone is acting like they are literate is pretty insulting.

the second point, yes. it was incredibly subtle, and I apologize for not picking up on it.

Yet again, this is an example, a rather bold example of cultural point missing. I'll get to what that entails at the end of this post.

To further expand on the first point now that i won't have to worry about being late for work by writing the reply, (still though a little pisht instead). A friend of mind has a tendency to raise the tone of his voice when he's being extra nice to people, Anthony does this too. It grates cause it's fake. Sure it's an attempt to make a connection, but still, for someone that initially sold himself as being the cynical clown prince with the ramones loving credentials to prove it, there is a logical lapse that leaves the moment wanting.

Now with my friend i'm pretty sure that he doesn't realise that he's doing it himself, yet he's still my friend. I love the fucker, he's awesome. But there are character flaws in us all and this i find is one of our boi Anthony's.

The second point resides in my gut as this. That high pitched thing again. gleh so drunk i don't care anymore so i'll move on to wrapping it up.

In our nation we take the piss out of people, people close to us are not safe. Some miss-label it as the tall poppy syndrome, irrespective of the situation. Missing the gradient of scale, instead placing those worthy of ire in a mire of profligate vile intention. So forgetting that, for this kid, whom i like intensely, it's more a jibba jibe shunt to short term detention. i've watched the show for a while and have found the character flaws expanded through close inspection. yanoe.

yie diG ;-]

---

Also, maybe they canned the vid, cause his wife complained about being called weird, or whatever it was he said in passing. Overall, he's a lovely man. God talking to americans is trying.

thats a nice answer and all, but you still didn't explain how he professes a false state of literacy

literacy can be used two ways:

1) as the ability to read and write

2) showing knowledge in a specific area.

i.e.-we need someone with economic literacy

you were going for no. 2, which would have made all the difference in the universe if you just added cultural, or ethnically literate. otherwise it sounds like you are accusing him of being a caveman.

now i know you will continue to belittle me for misunderstanding the world, time and space, and thats to be expected of you. but for the sake of a neanderthal peon on this board, could you please clearly express insults?

nah, youre not out of line, it just pissed me off...sorry for the thin skin

i guess we could argue about it for eternity.

but i do know what you mean about the raising of the voice, the sort of faux-kowtow that would emanate from a citizen of the developed/imperialist world...though id be hard pressed to find a travel person that didn't do that to an extent? maybe they should just get a biologist or Frank Perdue to do it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDOMGQ9XlNM

no nonsense there.

I've listened to two audiobooks read by him and watched a bunch of "No Reservations," so when my lady & read some of his books in print, it was inevitably easy to read it with his smarmy diction. It's addictive -- everything you say sounds so much more smug and badass through his tone.

I really enjoyed that clip. I'm not a food enthusiast or a Bourdain fan, but I found it really interesting.

seriously tho, lsd told me he might be turning into douche

A drug that produces schizophreniform symptoms ranging from delusions to frank psychosis has led you to...a totally rational conclusion :cisfor:

the response i expected, i was takin the piss about it telling me anything; refer to my last post on the last page

Archived