IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

^ lol at FBlock. Political debates can turn into a shitstorm fast, whether it be on FB or anywhere else on the internet. Anyone who's polarized on the political spectrum tends to be paranoid and delusional, no matter which side they're on.

Latest FWP is a "problem" coworker. Wouldn't reply when I say "good morning" yet takes any opportunity he can to peddle his religious beliefs on me, and works slower than I do, even though I'm more than a decade his senior. Been giving him rides home from work since he's reduced to walking to work every morning, more out of pity than anything. I might stop offering rides soon though, since he's a misogynistic, homophobic, preachy blabbermouth. Keeps trying to offer advice on how to succeed in life when he can't even get his own shit together.

Everyone else @ work is cool except for this guy. He's only there short-term, and so far I've merely tolerated him, but I'm not sure how much patience I have left before I flat-out tell him to fuck off.

i only posted once in the political facebook post, and didn't know anyone that was posting there and they probably didn't know each other, were only there cause of the celebrity. So it's not like i was asking for it or anything, it's just that my political understanding is so divergent from mainstream left wing throught that most would be baffled by my positions and some as i stated, outtraged, even though i was both not trolling, nor baiting or being disrespectful. And commenters were saying all sort of inappropriate things about the people that they were bashing. -sie- ... nwae, now i can join all the cool dudes that have already broken away from that place.

The word 'finally' leads me to suspect your posts were a little bit more than inflammatory in general Delet... :cisfor:

nope, finally just denotes that everyone else around got locked ages ago, i know that it's a joke bechuga, but i'm still a little :cry: about it. The one time i go against my policy of staying under the radar /blam psycho bitch :diablo:

Having a cat that whines incessantly until you wake up to feed it helps. That's what changed me from a sleep-in-til-noon guy to a begrudgingly get up at 9am guy. Now I fall asleep during the shows/movies I watch at night. I miss the old me.

http://www.amazon.com/Qpets-6-Meal-Automatic-Pet-Feeder/dp/B005POODL8/ref=zg_bs_2975260011_3

Saved my life when I had a cat who insisted on being fed at 3am. It made both of our lives better, he'd go nom and then come back to hog my other pillow.

Having a cat that whines incessantly until you wake up to feed it helps. That's what changed me from a sleep-in-til-noon guy to a begrudgingly get up at 9am guy. Now I fall asleep during the shows/movies I watch at night. I miss the old me.

http://www.amazon.com/Qpets-6-Meal-Automatic-Pet-Feeder/dp/B005POODL8/ref=zg_bs_2975260011_3

Saved my life when I had a cat who insisted on being fed at 3am. It made both of our lives better, he'd go nom and then come back to hog my other pillow.

lol awesome! Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately our cat eats this special wet food that prevents urinary crystals, which will spoil if it isn't refrigerated.

lol awesome! Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately our cat eats this special wet food that prevents urinary crystals, which will spoil if it isn't refrigerated.

Cat flap on fridge = problem solved. Thanks not needed

Cat flap on fridge = problem solved. Thanks not needed

:nyan::catsalute:

New puppy's biting me relentlessly. I love him, but the fucking biting is non-stop.

Bite it back.

Establish the hierarchy.

Edited by StephenG

After over two hours of downloading a zip of the newest afx soundcloud mp3s, Mega froze at 99%, despite claiming to have finished downloading. There is no file to be found anywhere. Thought I'd be clever and pause/unpause the file to trick it into resuming. Download wouldn't unpause. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu :wtf:

I hate everything at the moment.

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

After over two hours of downloading a zip of the newest afx soundcloud mp3s, Mega froze at 99%, despite claiming to have finished downloading. There is no file to be found anywhere. Thought I'd be clever and pause/unpause the file to trick it into resuming. Download wouldn't unpause. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu :wtf:

I had this problem too. Need to just leave it until the save dialogue box pops up (which can be a while even if it says 99%)

Watched a vid on FB of a woman trying to smash the window open of a car attempting to rescue a 2-year-old girl trapped inside in hot weather, with about 10 people standing there watching and doing nothing. Another strikeout for humanity, to put it nicely.

But what causes people to become complacent vegetables nowadays? Have smartphones and social media rendered them brain-damaged?

Watched a vid on FB of a woman trying to smash the window open of a car attempting to rescue a 2-year-old girl trapped inside in hot weather, with about 10 people standing there watching and doing nothing. Another strikeout for humanity, to put it nicely.

But what causes people to become complacent vegetables nowadays? Have smartphones and social media rendered them brain-damaged?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bystander_effect

Studied this in my psych course a few years ago.

Edited by StephenG

I had this problem too. Need to just leave it until the save dialogue box pops up (which can be a while even if it says 99%)

It had been stuck at 99% for a while. Earlier in the day I had tried on a different computer, different browser, with a whole host of other problems relating to that site, which rendered it impossible to get it past even 10%. It seems mega is just total garbage.

does the job offer involve further training opportunities, ability to move up. Have you thought of what you want to do the phd in, will this help you get work also. nwae, sounds like things are working out fine either way.

does the job offer involve further training opportunities, ability to move up. Have you thought of what you want to do the phd in, will this help you get work also. nwae, sounds like things are working out fine either way.

the job offer does provide some training, but it's a small start-up... which at least has been around for 6 years now. I also think it would give me many opportunities afterwards, as it's mostly going to be data analysis of various biological data sets and questions.

The phd does offer that as well, but for a lower salary...then again it has a much better training and (possibly) better job opportunities afterwards, plus the group is reasonably well-known, with publications in higher ranking journals etc...

Got a job offer for a job following my MSc and an offer for a PhD at a grad school.. Can't decide between the two...

Go for the PhD - working blows goats (and I like my job).

Edit: Assuming you don't have family responsibilities that is.