IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

Road rage, about a half hour ago. A driver in a black pickup is tailgating me and flashing their brights, and I can't shift into the next lane over because a white pickup is in the way. Fuck all of these arctic rednecks and their pickups.

At least I got home safe.

The handle for my 12-pack of beer didn't work, so had to carry it uncomfortably under my arm. :catrage:

You should totally start a petition on change.org brah.

I'm at the 8-5 block part of shift pattern, meaning shorter shifts but fuck all days off.

In the middle of mon-thurs in, off Friday, in sat & sun. :(((

Lol wtf like prisoners are gonna get processed on a weekend.

i'm finding so many great new musicians through the internet that i'm actually losing track. i need a better system.

The struggle is real. I'm now just resigned to the fact that my 'to listen' list, much like my 'to read', will probably never get finished in my lifetime. Kind of nice when you think about it, that there's always more stuff out there, to the point where it might as well be infinite.

Fucking a, feeding kids healthy food that is also stuff that they'll actually eat is near impossibru. The amount of time and energy my wife and I unwillingly invest in this endeavour is most FW nominated

i'm finding so many great new musicians through the internet that i'm actually losing track. i need a better system.

The struggle is real. I'm now just resigned to the fact that my 'to listen' list, much like my 'to read', will probably never get finished in my lifetime. Kind of nice when you think about it, that there's always more stuff out there, to the point where it might as well be infinite.

True, I've come to a similar acceptance of this and it's quite liberating!

My fwp: could've != could of. Makes me wanna pull a 187 on a motherfucker.

Man :cerious: if someone misuses disinterested around me one more time :cerious: :cerious:

Need to do a serious 'functionality' remodel of my studio. It really disrupts workflow to have to be rummaging about trying to find patch cables or space to plug things in or set them down. I use a table from walmart for my studio desk... it's just pretty grungy and I haven't done anything for it besides buy the actual instruments and computer stuff.

It's the things like keyboard stands, tons of patch cables, power sources, midi, getting a few new mic stands, mounting guitar holders/stands, sound foaming up the joint, setting my rack up for my effects and wiring up my mixer properly with everything at hand. You never think it's that essential, but after working in a friends much bigger and plusher setup that is set up very functionally - I realized it's time for an upgrade in the room.

FWP that can be taken from the above - I have been making so much money lately that I don't want to spend any of it as I've never been flush with money that is steady and accepted in the eyes of uncle sam... It's madness... COULD'VE DRIVEN ANY OF US MAD

:emotawesomepm9::emotawesomepm9::emotawesomepm9:

Edited by Audioblysk

Fucking a, feeding kids healthy food that is also stuff that they'll actually eat is near impossibru. The amount of time and energy my wife and I unwillingly invest in this endeavour is most FW nominated

True, I've come to a similar acceptance of this and it's quite liberating!

i think i'm on this pattern now where every couple years i kind of just reset and stop trying to keep up with new music and start over again. enjoy the old classics, dive into discogs of artists i like but have barely explored, surprise myself by going through music i bookmarked a long time ago

it happened already with some hard drive crashes, then back in 2013 or so when i decided to just follow underground cassette labels and now i think i might just go offline for few months to just start fresh

Need to do a serious 'functionality' remodel of my studio. It really disrupts workflow to have to be rummaging about trying to find patch cables or space to plug things in or set them down. I use a table from walmart for my studio desk... it's just pretty grungy and I haven't done anything for it besides buy the actual instruments and computer stuff.

It's the things like keyboard stands, tons of patch cables, power sources, midi, getting a few new mic stands, mounting guitar holders/stands, sound foaming up the joint, setting my rack up for my effects and wiring up my mixer properly with everything at hand. You never think it's that essential, but after working in a friends much bigger and plusher setup that is set up very functionally - I realized it's time for an upgrade in the room.

FWP that can be taken from the above - I have been making so much money lately that I don't want to spend any of it as I've never been flush with money that is steady and accepted in the eyes of uncle sam... It's madness... COULD'VE DRIVEN ANY OF US MAD

This is acceptable usage.

Organizing cables and patch cords will definitely help your workflow. You might want to look at getting a local carpenter to build you a table? Or alternatively, do it yourself - not hard. Big sheet of 1" ply, 5 4x4 posts, some 2" screws and away you go (I say 5 posts because it's a good idea to put one in the middle back of the table to distribute the weight of your gear more easily).

If I do end up buying a house in Canada somewhere, can't wait to convert one of the rooms into a studio and start making tunes again.

If you have patchcords and shit all over the place you are doing it right.

Something is off about clean studios... it's like a painter's studio and seeing that everything is clean and devoid of any splatters of paint, or a skinny chef cooking. I would not trust a clean studio.

Edited by Entorwellian

For no reason at all, I just did about an hour of research about Michael Jordan being an asshole.

What did you conclude?

He was compulsively obsessed with competition and winning, which can be ugly when it's in a situation that doesn't call for it. But his brain can't turn it off, which worked really fucking well.

The whole concept of role models is so weird. Want to be like them? Have some pathological shit going on and pair it with your goals. Sky's the limit.

My car got broken into over the weekend, the thief grabbed my backpack which was behind the driver's seat. The backpack contained the laptop the school assigned me (a MacBook pro with about $2000 worth of Adobe software and plug-ins) and all my textbooks and a few other miscellaneous things... Fortunately the theif must not have wanted to carry the weight of things they didn't see as valuable so they removed all my books an papers and left them at the edge of the parking lot and to be found by a neighbor (thank god for observant neighbors and the fact that it didn't rain!). The laptop however is still missing. I did file a police report, but it has to wait to be approved which according to the site can take 3-5 business days (WTF way to be efficient St. Paul PD!?). The school also can't put any motion towards replacing my laptop until I get a copy of the police report...

Being a graphic design major this makes things rather a pain in the ass, as pretty much all my coursework revolves around that fucking laptop. I lost all the data for the projects I was currently working on. Fortunately I have all my previous works on the school server so at least I can salvage that to backup and use for future profiles. But, most of the work we do in class is on the laptop so not sure what I'm gonna do during class hours until they replace my machine. Fortunately there is a laptop in the library loaded with all the same programs (What I'm typing now actually) that I can use to complete assignments outside of class hours so I'm not completely fucked academically. Not sure if I'm gonna have to pay a replacement fine for the new laptop or not yet... We'll see I guess.

It'd be up to the school whether or not they set that up... It's not my personal laptop but the one I was assigned because of the program I'm enrolled in. They told me they need a copy of the police report before they can take any action, which seems counter-productive. I've made the report, but it takes 3-5 days according to the dept. site for it to be approved and then they'll send me a pdf of the official paperwork. In the meantime someone could be figuring out how to crack the login and remove any tracking... I'm really not getting my hopes up that it's going to show up. Honestly I'd rather just find out how much they're going to fucking charge me for the replacement and have a laptop to work on again.

Edited by ghOsty