IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

^^^ Ibuprofen at 800mg doses kills my back pains. Or it did when I was working kitchens in the days of yore.

i just ate the spiciest chicken wings i've ever eaten and now i have a stomach ache.

I'm sorry to inform you, it's going to hurt more in 2 to 6 hours. God's speed and prepare for a bumpy ride...

^^^ Ibuprofen at 800mg doses kills my back pains. Or it did when I was working kitchens in the days of yore.

i just ate the spiciest chicken wings i've ever eaten and now i have a stomach ache.

I'm sorry to inform you, it's going to hurt more in 2 to 6 hours. God's speed and prepare for a bumpy ride...

well, i survived but nevar again.

My mom & stepdad dropped by and gave me a 3-day supply of cyclobenzaprene (muscle relaxer) along with rations for the day, so that should help.

And yes, those chicken wings are gonna send some bogeys on your six later on, if you know what I mean.

It didn't really make me sleepy this time around though, but I decided to play it safe by taking only one tablet at a time. I guess it's recommended to take three a day as long as the pain persists. Last time it knocked me out for about 4 hours, which was summer of last year I think.

My Beatles box set from several Xmases ago has two copies of Revolver and no Abbey Road!! WTF. Those were two albums I already had on CD before I got the set, which may be why I hadn't paid any attention before. So aggravating... guess it's back to the pirate bay for me. I'm going to be really pissed if it's a transcode, or riddled with gaps, or any of the other horrors that go hand in hand with the pirate's life. I did initially say "fuck it" and ripped my old version of Abbey Road, but the sound is too noticably inconsistent with the new masters (went through everything from Help up until Abbey Road yesterday, and I've adapted to the sound... I must hear Abbey Road with the same treatment goddammit).

My Beatles box set from several Xmases ago has two copies of Revolver and no Abbey Road!! WTF. Those were two albums I already had on CD before I got the set, which may be why I hadn't paid any attention before. So aggravating... guess it's back to the pirate bay for me. I'm going to be really pissed if it's a transcode, or riddled with gaps, or any of the other horrors that go hand in hand with the pirate's life. I did initially say "fuck it" and ripped my old version of Abbey Road, but the sound is too noticably inconsistent with the new masters (went through everything from Help up until Abbey Road yesterday, and I've adapted to the sound... I must hear Abbey Road with the same treatment goddammit).

I could only find flac, which does not play in my ipod, and there is no batch convert option in the program I use for such things on my lap top... so I must now convert each to mp4, one song at a time x 17. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. My day is eroding into bullshit.

*OMFG it won't even allow me to encode mp4 in the demo version. Fuck everything.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

Think I ground my coffee too fine this morning.

200_s.gif

:dadjoke: #DadProblems

I kno rite? omg.

New FWP: having problems synthesizing all my research into a digestible product. Ugh, word limits.

I could only find flac, which does not play in my ipod, and there is no batch convert option in the program I use for such things on my lap top... so I must now convert each to mp4, one song at a time x 17. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. My day is eroding into bullshit.

*OMFG it won't even allow me to encode mp4 in the demo version. Fuck everything.

revolver is my favourite, followed by abbey road

Once again stuck with another project from the professor that gives the vaguest instructions, it's supposed to be due this week, and even after talking with her I still don't know what the fuck she wants us to do specifically since she referred me to a pdf and examples she posted online. However the PDF is extremely vague (hence the initial problem) and all the examples are all quite different. I get the idea of what we're doing but she seems to have a specific idea and constraints of what she's looking for. However all her instructions are terrible at communicating WHAT that is... God, I hate this class.

Edited by ghOsty

I have 10 well fleshed out song demos for my band, but no lyrics for any of it. The melodies are all there, but the words are just random vowel and consonant sounds at the moment. I have endless musical ideas, but finding words to fit with them is a really painstaking, frustrating process for me. If I wrote a song a day for a month it would still be a couple years before i had all the lyrics to match. And even then, the words never live up to the music. I think that's partly why I started making electronic music in the first place. Maybe I'll give the Burroughs cut-up method a try.

one of my coworkers has left me a few comments in our database that read like this: "DONT ______________ THE ____________ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and it's really starting to chafe my snares. Grown ass man can't even pull his balls down enough to scream about minutiae in person.

to elaborate on this, yes, I already called him out for it when I saw him walk by after work today. He got bitchy and defensive, which was appropriate, because he was acting like a bitch on defense

Edited by luke viia

is he a peer or a superior? if he's a peer, tell him to go fuck himself. well not literally, cos that's not what you want at work, but you know what I mean. draw dicks on his computer screen in white ink or something.

ate a half of the most disguisting pizza imaginable yesterday. a thick layer of shitty onions, black olives, some other type of awful cheese all over it and grossly cut cherry tomatoes. heartburns, bad stools and unrealised burps followed me 12 hours after the meal. today i ate the other half because i just couldn't be arsed to make proper food.

I was doing a google search to see what could possibly cause mp3 or wav encodings to randomly smash two or more songs together (it's happened to me a few times now). The search started with "why does" and then google suggested "why does my life suck", which I decided to roll with, which lead me to this depressing-as-fuck site: http://www.imatternot.com/

It's kind of funny in a really dark way, but it has also sort of cast a gloomy shadow over my night. i still don't have an answer to my original question, and I'm not sure I can phrase it simply enough to yield helpful results on a google search.

I have 10 well fleshed out song demos for my band, but no lyrics for any of it. The melodies are all there, but the words are just random vowel and consonant sounds at the moment. I have endless musical ideas, but finding words to fit with them is a really painstaking, frustrating process for me. If I wrote a song a day for a month it would still be a couple years before i had all the lyrics to match. And even then, the words never live up to the music. I think that's partly why I started making electronic music in the first place. Maybe I'll give the Burroughs cut-up method a try.

if you gave me a theme you wanted for each song, and the muffled singing i could probably translate it to english at about half an hour per, but then you'd have to give me song writing credit, and we don't want that so forget about it. Plus maybe i'm not as awesome at language as i think that i am, and after reading youd likely have an eugy pizzaftermathsperiance.

/in other words, nah, heh.

If I had themes I wanted for each song it would be a lot easier. The only message i really care to convey is the emotion/aesthetic of the music itself. But I like music with lyrics, and if they must be there they should be good. This is my eternal dilemma. I want good lyrics but I don't really care about any message outside of the music (at least when it comes to my own music... there are some great lyricists out there that I admire for it).

The shortsighted arseholes from NI Water have decided to sell off some beautiful old woodland near where I live, it's going for a pittance so it's probably going to get bought over and built on by developers, they were talking in the paper about how it's an 'attractive residential prospect', fuck these idiots. It's full of old, old trees, buzzards' nests and all sorts of other lovely stuff, probably all going to be ruined. So fucked off about this, argh.