IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

I don't get to see or eat with my family this year because I have to be at work from 5:30pm to 12am for the whole Black Friday bullshit... Then I have to wake up and go back in from 2pm to 11pm the next day. I fucking HATE Black Friday and everything it represents about our society... People better be expecting to get some shitty service this weekend.

What's up with people posting out of sync and otherwise fucked up videos on youtube? I just tried watching 4 Richard Pryor standups. First one was way out of sync, second one was way out of sync, third one his voice was pitched/sped up a full two semitones, fourth one was time stretched to creepy hell. What the fuck? Is everyone who uploads to youtube completely inept?

FUCK!

:catrage:

don't people pitch things up/down to avoid the automatic copyright detection bot?

Ahh, well if that's true then it helps quell my anger against those particular uploaders. Still, surely they could be a bit more subtle with it. The helium voice thing is so fucking distracting. The time stretching thing is probably done for the same reasons, and it's not quite as bad. As for the out of sync vids, I'm going to chalk that up to people not knowing how to use video editing software.

really tired from working in retail pretty much all goddamned weekend, just wanted to come home, eat, get some dishes done and pass the fuck out before I gotta wake up and go back to school tomorrow. Instead now I gotta deal with the sinks not draining again because of the bullshit plumbing in this building. FML so much for Thanksgiving Break

I don't get to see or eat with my family this year because I have to be at work from 5:30pm to 12am for the whole Black Friday bullshit... Then I have to wake up and go back in from 2pm to 11pm the next day. I fucking HATE Black Friday and everything it represents about our society... People better be expecting to get some shitty service this weekend.

Hope you made thru OK. I despise it too, even tho I haven't worked retail in more than a decade.

Car got stolen from outside my GF's place for the 2nd time this year. I drive an older car because I like my money more than I care about driving a new car. Looks like I have to bite bullet and spend some of my VCFF contract money on a new fucking car if this one doesn't show up in 2 weeks. Weird thing is that the neighborhood has some million dollar houses and is considered the 'better' part of Seattle, crime-wise. My house is on the corner of buy meth and stab whitey and I NEVER had my car fucked with.

Nothing beats coming outside and going 'well, my car isn't where I parked it'... Trying to stay calm. Times like these you just gotta zen and put some positive energy out - everything is in its right place, I just have yet to discover why.

Car got stolen from outside my GF's place for the 2nd time this year. I drive an older car because I like my money more than I care about driving a new car. Looks like I have to bite bullet and spend some of my VCFF contract money on a new fucking car if this one doesn't show up in 2 weeks. Weird thing is that the neighborhood has some million dollar houses and is considered the 'better' part of Seattle, crime-wise. My house is on the corner of buy meth and stab whitey and I NEVER had my car fucked with.

Nothing beats coming outside and going 'well, my car isn't where I parked it'... Trying to stay calm. Times like these you just gotta zen and put some positive energy out - everything is in its right place, I just have yet to discover why.

insured? you'll find it's lot easier to clamp down on that panic when you have insurance. the industry's a massive rort, but what isn't. please insure that shiny new car, my dear.

also I wouldn't be surprised at some level of theft occurring in more affluent areas because a slick Jag parked outside a million-dollar house will fetch more moneys than a riced-out Civic parked outside a meth den, no matter how much that Civic screams CA$HNE$$.

story tiemz: about six months ago I went to Fox Studios to do some voice recording for a friend's short film. Fox Studios is in the Entertainment Quarter where crowds assemble to watch games. I parked my bike outside in an area that was designated as a clearway during games, for traffic flow. I didn't know a game was going to be on later. so I come outside after about four hours and the place is hectic and my bike is gone. I calmly ring the number on the clearway sign and ask if a red bike's been towed in the last couple of hours. the guy says he'll go down to the depot to check. as soon as I quit the call, I notice my bike parked across the street. two workers had come and lifted it up and moved it, without dropping it or putting a scratch in it. saved me getting towed and probably a fine. super nice. a bus driver witnessed the whole thing and lol'd at me for not noticing it (it was like 20 metres away). just shows you how easily shit can get taken though.

ps. get a bike

Does insurance not cover theft?

if you get a policy that doesn't cover theft, you're pretty much defeating one of the main uses of insurance. but I guess it depends on what's being insured. if you have a brand new expensive ride, it'd be daft not to cover it for theft.

Edited by usagi

About the car - It was found that same morning and hadn't been reported in. It was found running in the middle lane of a 2x2 busy street near the waterfront downtown. Some time around 4am. I can say I'm lucky in a sense. My insurance on the car is liability, I don't give too many fucks as it's a really old car that I've had for a long time, but I did get a club and an alarm yesterday to at least deter people from stealing it. I'd like to wait another year or two before I get a new car.

When I got the car out of impound, they had rifled through all of it, but stole nothing. They even left a penny covered in meth, which I imagine they used to pulverize their fix. Pretty lol moment. Car runs fine :)

It is funny that it was in a more affluent area, but my car is the shittiest one on the block. It's somewhat by the University, which has been seeing a lot more theft and drug use around the area, so it makes sense.

I'd die within 2 months of having a bike. No joke. Not comfortable on them unless it's runway-flat roads with nobody on them. Usagi is more man than I.

good ol' fashioned winter weight gain. fallen into the exact same slump as last year. finally break into the 160s in october then thpppthtphtphttptpthtp

Same. Gained 7lbs in 2 months. Not impressed, metabolism. I'm not that old.

About the car - It was found that same morning and hadn't been reported in. It was found running in the middle lane of a 2x2 busy street near the waterfront downtown. Some time around 4am. I can say I'm lucky in a sense. My insurance on the car is liability, I don't give too many fucks as it's a really old car that I've had for a long time, but I did get a club and an alarm yesterday to at least deter people from stealing it. I'd like to wait another year or two before I get a new car.

When I got the car out of impound, they had rifled through all of it, but stole nothing. They even left a penny covered in meth, which I imagine they used to pulverize their fix. Pretty lol moment. Car runs fine :)

It is funny that it was in a more affluent area, but my car is the shittiest one on the block. It's somewhat by the University, which has been seeing a lot more theft and drug use around the area, so it makes sense.

I'd die within 2 months of having a bike. No joke. Not comfortable on them unless it's runway-flat roads with nobody on them. Usagi is more man than I.

Damn, you got lucky dude... Nothing stolen even? lol @ the "meth penny"... glad you got your car back.

Edited by ghOsty

Good to hear you got your car back!

I have also gained four pounds, which is no major concern but still a bummer. Will lose it quick enough.

The plus is that the gain proves to a neurotic aunt that no, I am not dying of cancer. Just a lack of cakes. :D

Good news on the car Blysky!

chen's FWP: got offered to interview for a full-time job with great benefits that starts in February, but my current contract ends in May...

What do?

the British NHS

i love it & hate it in equal measure

some departments are like a Rolls Royce, others like something out of 1 Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest....... there has to be a middle ground?

its not a moan, you can have Radiohead for that

i honestly dont know how it keeps going, despite all the dedication and hours put in by thousands of compassionate staff, some experiences recently have shown in clear contrast where the fault lines lie

ok, i'm gonna eat a mini tiramisu as comfort food.... i was pushed into it

Edited by cwmbrancity

ps. get a bike

spending my spare time doing up an old Norton with my cousins, with 1 eye on an easter relaunch/sale. Thing is, we got it for next to nowt and although we can make a few quid i'd really like to keep it now.

nothing in the world beats a bike ride, some good tunes and ancient landscapes,,,, v simple pleasures.

what do you ride, if i could ask? I've never sat on anything new due to biker freaks on my Ma's side, so its always been beaten up vintages.

ps. get a bike

spending my spare time doing up an old Norton with my cousins, with 1 eye on an easter relaunch/sale. Thing is, we got it for next to nowt and although we can make a few quid i'd really like to keep it now.

nothing in the world beats a bike ride, some good tunes and ancient landscapes,,,, v simple pleasures.

what do you ride, if i could ask? I've never sat on anything new due to biker freaks on my Ma's side, so its always been beaten up vintages

if I had an old Norton in decent shape and I decided to work on it, I would do it primarily for myself and not necessarily with a view to reselling it, unless maybe some time down the line. I dunno, I'd want to get the most out of it myself for all the work I'd put into it.

I ride a Ducati Monster 821.

rTq0vjS.jpg

had it about a year now, just started adding mods/upgrades and whatnot. the windscreen and Termignoni slip-ons are a recent addition. fucking loving the Termis, expensive as hell but worth the boost. there are probably other brands you can get which would be much cheaper (there's a nice Competition Werkes one) but Ducati/Termi are sympatico and when you get them installed at a Ducati service centre they do an ECU remap for you as well. I had to take it in for a service so I figured fuck it, put 'em on, I always wanted them.

she really needs a tail-tidy next, the stock tail is clunky and the way it's been built suggests very clearly that it was made to meet specs/regs and should be taken off at the first opportunity.

That's the kind of motorcycle I would buy if I could afford it. I was thinking of going for a Triumph Streetfighter since it's a bit more affordable.

Triumph_streetfighter.jpg

a Street Triple? those are excellent and were my second choice. it's hard to fault them. I did a test ride on one, it was slick as fuck. and yeah, definitely more affordable and gives the Ducatis a run for their money.

Triumphs are great and I want to own one someday, probably one from the Scrambler/Thruxton/Bonneville family.

you live in a great spot for biking y'know, Pacific coastal roads and all that. I am going to do that someday. start from San Diego and end in BC. should be beautiful going through the Northwest and all that.

Edited by usagi