IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

took me like 4 hours to realize an if(condition) { do shit } wasn't working properly cause I wrote if(condition); { do shit }. This obvious fuckup has been sittin on my final project for months. Just end my life already

tbh it’s fucking insane that it’s 2018 and working with computers is still a full on shitfest

took me like 4 hours to realize an if(condition) { do shit } wasn't working properly cause I wrote if(condition); { do shit }. This obvious fuckup has been sittin on my final project for months. Just end my life already

tbh it’s fucking insane that it’s 2018 and working with computers is still a full on shitfest

why doesn't it (it=whatever platform you're programming on) highlight the error/problematic code etc? =/

why doesn't it (it=whatever platform you're programming on) highlight the error/problematic code etc? =/

good point, I reckon a better IDE than the ones I'm using would highlight such an error. Maybe not, i dont know. But they should

guess some do, some don’t, but theoretically it can be exactly what you want, ie. it’s correct from the POV of the compiler, tricky for an IDE to infer that it’s possibly wrong.. still, it’s fascinating & a nice example of a single fkn char completely messing everything up.... a few years ago there was a big security issue in macOS or iOS, it was a very simple & hard to see error just like that and it defeated some important security innit...

guess some do, some don’t, but theoretically it can be exactly what you want, ie. it’s correct from the POV of the compiler, tricky for an IDE to infer that it’s possibly wrong.. still, it’s fascinating & a nice example of a single fkn char completely messing everything up.... a few years ago there was a big security issue in macOS or iOS, it was a very simple & hard to see error just like that and it defeated some important security innit...

Sorry to turn this into the programming thread, but this discussion reminded me of this post: https://developers.redhat.com/blog/2016/02/26/gcc-6-wmisleading-indentation-vs-goto-fail/ - basically they implemented a warning on the GCC compiler for confusing identation in brace-less single line if-statements. Come to think about it you could probably customize an IDE with a simple grep (is that doable?) to dish out warnings for "if( whatever );" statements

The vape I got given for free has stopped working, now that I'm fully indoctrinated. 

I am now fully prepared to go directly to a vape store tomorrow and get a very expensive and fancy vape.

This appears to be how they get ya.

im 3 months completely smoke free, and this time its been an absolute breeze. not sure what shifted mentally, but i havent even been getting little craving twangs when seeing my mates smoking while drunk. 

Moved into a new house around a month ago and all is going smooth. Watching a few films on Sunday night and I see my neighbor coming home at around 12:30am. I continue watching my film and after 20 minutes decide it's time for another beer. I go out to the kitchen, grab it, close the fridge and close the door behind me. Then I hear the muffled screaming and I stop dead in my tracks. Absolute bloody murder somewhere next door but I can't really make anything out. I think that it might be an intense argument on the phone or something. After waiting 20 seconds it stops completely and I put my can on the table and continue playing the film. The audio is quite low, so low that I have the subs on just in case I miss any quieter dialogue. So then I see that the fire is dying so I get up, go through to the hall and get some briquettes and close the door behind me. Screaming commences again, this time with added banging. It sounds as if someone is thrashing around in bed or they are slamming a bedside cabinet. So I realise in my tipsy state that this is a reaction to any sound that I make. I'm not being loud at all, I'm just closing doors as I normally would by turning the handle down, closing the door and releasing, so there isn't even a bang when the lock connects with the door. This goes on and I start to panic a bit, as the last thing I want to do is annoy anyone. Anyway, I test it one last time and throw the fuel on the fire and stoke it and this time the screams and banging are louder than ever and I'm starting to get worried that this psycho will come next door to me and smash my front door window or something. So I stop dead, turn off the film and quietly go to bed. Fun times.

This is a semi detached house so there is solid concrete between the houses and noise hasn't been an issue. It's been an otherwise pleasant move.

lol

maybe call the police or something? I called the police on some neighbours once. I loved it!

This crossed my mind as I was pretty freaked out and was alone, but I think it would be an overreaction at this stage. Will see how it goes over the next few weeks. 

definitely continue to quietly watch movies whilst grabbing a beer every now and then and keeping your fire going.

How dare I lead such a decadently loud life.

Maybe there’s someone stuck in your chimney

lol

When I attempt to capture my gameplay of the latest games with my recording software, the framerate in the vid ends up being absolute ass. The strange thing is I mostly get a decent framerate in the games themselves. Maybe my machine is just under-powered for capture/streaming.

But at least I've been making music again, which is more productive anyway.

I did the sound design and mix for a commercial a couple of weeks ago and I had to add some background dialogue myself. You can barely hear it but it adds some texture. Now, the client wants all the tracks separately and I honestly can't get myself to bounce the tracks where you can hear my stupid fucking mumbling. It sounds sooooo bad and I absolutely hate my own voice.

I can handle about 1 day off from working before I get work deprivation sweats. It’s not healthy and I hate it - and love it.

Also, I live in constant fear that my clients thinks that my work is "ok" and I overanalyse the tone of their voice, their emails etc., haha... gawd.

I did the sound design and mix for a commercial a couple of weeks ago and I had to add some background dialogue myself. You can barely hear it but it adds some texture. Now, the client wants all the tracks separately and I honestly can't get myself to bounce the tracks where you can hear my stupid fucking mumbling. It sounds sooooo bad and I absolutely hate my own voice.

I found this quite hilarious. Any chance we can be the judge of how stupid your fucking mumbling is?

I found this quite hilarious. Any chance we can be the judge of how stupid your fucking mumbling is?

Never!

Ordered a PO speak as soon as Teenage Engineering unveiled it (so like 4 months ago ?)

UPS fucked up with the shipment so I had to wait until restock to have another unit sent.

Received it today, had to battle with the guy to get my package...

...only to notice AAA batteries weren't included.

FML.

Edited by StocKo

Ordered a PO speak as soon as Teenage Engineering unveiled it (so like 4 months ago ?)

UPS fucked up with the shipment so I had to wait until restock to have another unit sent.

Received it today, had to battle with the guy to get my package...

...only to notice AAA batteries weren't included.

FML.

i ordered the new pos the day they were announced along with some sync cables and a shirt. the pos shipped immediately but the cables and shirt just shipped =\

like a month and a half later