IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

Oregon here, yeah it's a huge problem because of the valley. It was horrible last year, felt physically sick for about a week. Makes me wonder about the causes. A lot of people say it's a combination of overmanaging forest fires for generations (too much dry dead wood) and logging for generations which changes the ecology significantly...

Edited by drukqs

Yeah, I don't recall there ever being this much smoke everywhere.  And I finally started feeling effects of it in my throat but 5 minutes ago.  This weird constricting sensation... like my throat's tightening up and it takes more effort to swallow.  Crazy.  

yeah, i imagine it sucks for people with asthma. i hope it gets better soon.

Edited by yek

Eastern WA here, we literally had the worst air in the world over the weekend. That nasty red dot was right the fuck on top of us. I felt like garbage the last 3 days and I'm finally starting to feel a little more myself today.. The air quality has since moved from "Hazardous" to "Unhealthy" and for that I am grateful. 

yeah.. it's fucking hot and the air is thick w/bullshit. 

gotta say... it was worse when i lived in san diego. the one year the fires were bad during the santa ana winds.. it was raining ash for a week.  could look right at the sun all day long. it was brown. had to use my windshield wipers when driving because the fucking ash. 

but this shit hanging around here in portland is fucked. it just sits. i think tomorrow it's supposed to clear out or at least start to clear out. 

air quality is 3rd worst in the world currently. or some fucking shit show. 

fucking rain please. 

There's an ice cream truck somewhere nearby, and it's making the rooster VERY ANGRY!

Also it's teasing me.  I'd definitely buy an ice cream from an ice cream truck if it were visible to me, but I'm nowhere near motivated enough to go for a wander around the neighborhood in the hopes we may cross paths.  Now I want to know the name of the famous old timey song it's playing on loop, but it has no lyrics so how am I supposed to look it up?

probably the entertainer by scott joplin, i play his stuff on piano

omg it was too!  Nice one Yek.

Plot twist: yek was the truck driver.

I wonder how much in revenue terms would an Ae blasting ice cream truck make. And now that I have this vision of yek yekkin sportglasses and a northface jacket imprinted in my head, looking all shady in a quiet neighborhood, this simply has to be attempted and repoted back in a trully WATMM After Action Report.

So Sean comes up and rigs the ice cream truck with an MSP-driven ice cream spoon automaton that would sample the truck's melody and mix the flavors accordingly.

Bruised my tailbone or something and now it hurts when I fart

tailbone_pain.jpg?auto=format&w=1920&h=8

Please tell me this is a stock photo from WebMD.

"Show me where it hurts"

Think I did it falling asleep with my bum on the very edge of an office chair so, least athletic injury ever

Bona fide first world

Dude... i swear, long term sitting does fuck with your ... bum region

I'm using a kitchen table chair with a memory foam pillow at my desk right now and i keep gradually slumping until my ass is hanging on the edge like that, then i suddenly realize it and shift upright again. Sick of it.  

That was actually the other possibility. I have a new lady whoms't is staying over quite often. When I'm on my jack jones I just sleep on a sofa as I haven't got around to getting a bed yet. When she's over I put a duvet on the floor for the both of us. Wondering if 35 is the official age at which you can't hack sleeping on the floor anymore.

pUdBvjF.jpg

Think I did it falling asleep with my bum on the very edge of an office chair so, least athletic injury ever

Bona fide first world

Dude... i swear, long term sitting does fuck with your ... bum region

I'm using a kitchen table chair with a memory foam pillow at my desk right now and i keep gradually slumping until my ass is hanging on the edge like that, then i suddenly realize it and shift upright again. Sick of it.  

Absolutely - if you work an office job, try and get one of those sit-stand contraptions, and actually use it.

That was actually the other possibility. I have a new lady whoms't is staying over quite often. When I'm on my jack jones I just sleep on a sofa as I haven't got around to getting a bed yet. When she's over I put a duvet on the floor for the both of us. Wondering if 35 is the official age at which you can't hack sleeping on the floor anymore.

pUdBvjF.jpg

I was well past 35 when I was crashing on your floor the last time I was in London....

can't tell if just fatigued from life or if chemo med side effects are finally revealing themselves. 

i'm unsure about the new shoes i'm wearing. 

free protein breakfast =p

I've had a multitude of dreams where I'm eating bugs for whatever reason. Then I start wretching in my dream and I wake up with a horrible taste in my mouth.

I don't recommend it.