IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

Not socially deprived little cunts setting fire to entire mountains out of boredom like here then

summer has become the let's burn as much life out of the gaff as we can season, lengths, compounded by going to an English seaside town & the beach being covered in sewage, wtf, yeah don't play there either kids

6 hours ago, ambergonk said:

Alaska is literally blanketed in smoke. I saw it with my own eyes from the airplane yesterday.

We've had wildfires raging for a month now because of this unprecedented heat wave. This goes without saying, but climate change/global warming isn't even up for debate at this point. We've had at least two days in the past week where temps have reached 30 C in the south-central region.

I'd say that's just a plain old fucking problem, let alone first- or third-world one...

12 hours ago, hello spiral said:

Man you're late to the um, party? Delet is one of these.

I think I had heard about it, but didn't pay much attention since it sounded so asinine. She was reading Reddit posts to me and goddamn these guys are so bitter. Like...depressingly bitter.

I haven't shaved since that post I made about razors being too expensive, and my face pubes are starting to bother me.  Gonna have to get serious about acquiring that safety razor/razor sharpener power combo.  

2 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

I haven't shaved since that post I made about razors being too expensive, and my face pubes are starting to bother me.  Gonna have to get serious about acquiring that safety razor/razor sharpener power combo.  

Safety razor it up! Honestly man, I had my second full shave this weekend and it was so easy, super close shave... 

This is the one I got... https://www.amazon.ca/VIKINGS-Double-Swedish-Platinum-Manliness/dp/B011L8WJIA

Ignore the sad "raw manliness" tag on it as that's... sad. But it's a great razor and the beginner blades that come with it are nice so far.

Edited by StephenG
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Joyrex said:

I'd say that's just a plain old fucking problem, let alone first- or third-world one...

Yeah...I've lived near the Arctic for 19 years now and have never seen it warm up like this during the summer. Although we did get a straight week of snow in mid-April this year.

Obviously this isn't exactly an FWP, but I can't help it. It's too big to ignore anymore.

1 hour ago, StephenG said:

Safety razor it up! Honestly man, I had my second full shave this weekend and it was so easy, super close shave... 

This is the one I got... https://www.amazon.ca/VIKINGS-Double-Swedish-Platinum-Manliness/dp/B011L8WJIA

Ignore the sad "raw manliness" tag on it as that's... sad. But it's a great razor and the beginner blades that come with it are nice so far.

Thanks for the rec!  The "raw manliness" tag is prety ironic, given razors are made with the express purpose of removing unwanted manliness from our faces.

10 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Thanks for the rec!  The "raw manliness" tag is prety ironic, given razors are made with the express purpose of removing unwanted manliness from our faces.

lol didn't even think of that, but you're right. :duckhunt:

People that are unable to keep their fucking traps shut during live music and people that talk because they feel they need to fill a silence.

Also people that use way too many words to convey some simple information or keep repeating what they already said with slightly different phrasing. Last two things happen constantly to me at work and I see it happening to other people as well, it really gets on my tits, stop wasting people's time and overcomplicating simple shit. 

2 hours ago, user said:

Also people that use way too many words to convey some simple information or keep repeating what they already said with slightly different phrasing. Last two things happen constantly to me at work and I see it happening to other people as well, it really gets on my tits, stop wasting people's time and overcomplicating simple shit. 

fixed

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

lol

~~~

I usually do the weekly food shopping for the fam, but this week Mrs. Dob took the reigns cuz she needed some extra shit for a potluck or w/e and as a teacher she's on summer break. On our list was "pears" (a lunchbag staple of mine), and she comes back with Bartlett. Not Bosc, not Anjou, not those boss red ones; fucking Bartlett.  It's Wednesday and I've had my 3rd, they're like a detour around Flavortown through the hamlet of Bitter-Fiber.  

On 7/8/2019 at 6:03 PM, Braintree said:

My girlfriend introduced me to Men Going Their Own Way and I am very disappointed with men right now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Men_Going_Their_Own_Way

It's basically this: "MGTOW advocates "have no real ability to identify the global forces that are at work in their life, so they hang the blame on feminists", and show "a complete lack of self-reflection", in the end "reinforcing each other's really distorted perceptions of what's happening in the world"

You can say that for a lot of these conservative groups - the world is changing, change is scary, blah blah heterodoxy vs orthodoxy and all those things that a decent first year "Intro to Anthro" class would teach.

18 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

It's basically this: "MGTOW advocates "have no real ability to identify the global forces that are at work in their life, so they hang the blame on feminists", and show "a complete lack of self-reflection", in the end "reinforcing each other's really distorted perceptions of what's happening in the world"

You can say that for a lot of these conservative groups - the world is changing, change is scary, blah blah heterodoxy vs orthodoxy and all those things that a decent first year "Intro to Anthro" class would teach.

From what she read to me, it sounded like some were genuinely asexual and didn't know how to confront that, some were along for the ride because they had no other group, and some were just plain bitter and toxic. The patriarchy is a helluva drug.

8 hours ago, Braintree said:

The patriarchy is a helluva drug

At least most coke users eventually admit they have a problem. 

• Haha 1

Pretty sure I have a mouse in the condo again, after more than a month of silence. With it finally cooling down outside, maybe it's getting chilly for them.

But I'm not sure I want to risk using the traditional snap traps again, because it didn't go too well last time.