IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

6 hours ago, drillkicker said:

i haven't gotten any real sleep in the past week

same. i typically don't sleep well but a week or so ago i had a really good night of sleep and wish i could've stayed in bed instead of waking up for work. but that was the 1st decent sleep in a long time.. this week has sucked for sleep. like brain fog half the day kind of sleepiness. 

9 hours ago, ignatius said:

sleep is elusive. also, the holidays are coming. 

NYE is my favorite holiday anymore tbh. The two preceding it are field days for capitalism and family-related stress and anxiety. They're full of peer pressure, societal obligations, and pretentious quasi-sentimental bullshit. Where's all that "joy" that's so superficially emphasized?

some tweaker mush mouth woke me up at 3am last night digging through the recycle bin in the back yard. confronted him and he said "I won't make a mess" .. dude it's 3 am and you fucking woke me up. wait until the bins are at the curb next time.  and he did make a mess. i had to pick up the leavings this morning and noticed he took one of the little yellow tubs that is for bottles. dick!

i put all the recycling shit in the garage this morning, the spare propane tank for the grill, put a bike lock attached to a post on the propane tank that's in the grill. .brought in anything else that isn't nailed down and i guess i have to put pad locks on the gates. first time this shit has happened, to my knowledge, in more than 10 years of living in this house. i guess the can collectors are a competitive bunch. 

the last thing i wanted to do is listen to meth/crackhead mush mouth rambles at 3am.  my sleep is already greatly compromised and now i'm just fucking going for full sleep dep mode all day. guess i'll have that 2nd cup of coffee this afternoon. 

• Like 1

Old people in the grocery store. The moment I walk in I get stuck behind some old guy walking slow as balls in a zigzag pattern apparently trying to read some slip of paper the whole time. So I couldn't just jet past him without bumping into him.
Then I needed to grab individual carrots but some old lady kept turning them over one-by-one and inspecting them. They're fucking carrots ffs. What's the difference?
And upon checkout there was another old guy in the self-checkout next to me going "WHERE DO THE COINS GO? IS THIS WHERE YOU PUT THE CASH IN?" Fuck.

And Ignatius it sounds like you need some kind of pressurized diaper bin to place out front overnight as a junkie deterrent. A jack-in-the-box full of poopy diapers basically.

12 hours ago, cichlisuite said:

learning javascript is busting my balls
just when I think I'm beginning to understand, a little detail knocks everything out of my brain and I'm back at zero

Sounds like listening to Exai.

wasn't really actively looking but spotted a job opening with the city and i am both qualified and interested, quite the rare combo, and it's potentially a 10k/year raise from my current gig. thing is, applications are due pretty much ASAP and I haven't updated my resume in half a decade. i should be immediately jumping on this but maaan do I hate updating gimmeajob.docx

4 minutes ago, ignatius said:

depending on other people to do what they're supposed to so i can do what i'm supposed to. job related. fucking hell. 

I feel ya there. It's an absolute nightmare sometimes. 

• Like 1

I haven't had a decent looking haircut in years, and today was no exception. Left looking like I wanted to belong in the original Tony Hawk Pro Skater lineup and decided to DIY that dream. 

I keep writing replies in various thresads, then decide "nah that's not worth posting" and hit the back button.  Done maybe four of those in a row.  There was even one waiting for me in here, which was in response to Stickfigger:

"Not a job per se, but have you considered armed robbery?"

I decided it was too edgy or something.  I'mma see this one through tho, so that the others were not in vain.

Didn't space my last 2 meals far enough apart.  Also, forgot to buy ice cream.  There was a guy muttering things like "hmmmm chocolate..." in front of the Haagen Daaz, which is what I was after.  So I decided to get the rest of my groceries first and return later after the guy had finished reviewing all the flavours to himself. But I never made it back.  Life is brutish and short.

1. all WATMM accounts are aphex pseudonyms.

2. all profile views on WATMM are Aphex looking at himself.

3. Zephyr you should always get ice cream and all frozen foods at the end of your grocery run anyway don’t all adults know this what is wrong with you do you like melted and refrozen ice cream Jesus people come on ?

sfwp: WATMM sucks balls

• Farnsworth 1

20 hours ago, darreichungsform said:

Feel ya. My hair looks like a depressive beaver chose to commit suicide just on my head

Hi, Donald!

4 hours ago, auxien said:

1. all WATMM accounts are aphex pseudonyms.

2. all profile views on WATMM are Aphex looking at himself.

3. Zephyr you should always get ice cream and all frozen foods at the end of your grocery run anyway don’t all adults know this what is wrong with you do you like melted and refrozen ice cream Jesus people come on ?

sfwp: WATMM sucks balls

Hi, Richard!

6 hours ago, auxien said:

When I said "the rest of my groceries" I was referring to a loaf of bread and olives in the next aisle.  But your point still stands.