IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

fwp: i want to rearrange the house but the layout here doesn't really have many options. i've got a second desk to add to the studio setup, but nowhere to put it without blocking entryways. right now most of my hardware is tucked away in storage bc there's no room for it at the desk, so i grab it as needed, but it's a giant PITA.

fwp2: i just had to scold four teenagers trying to hang out in the park because they were carrying multiple cases of beer, not even trying to hide it. [i'm the park caretaker] ... fucks sake zoomers, in my day we had a little thing called backpacks. i had to actually say "you... seriously thought you could just openly drink booze in public places?" "we do it all the time, but i've never been caught." how sweet that i get to be his first. now get off my lawn.:facepalm:

Edited by luke viia
  • Like 3

these dudes were like 17. there are a lot of families that hang out here, and it's not a big place. my main motivation for stopping people is that this place is pretty remote, and drunk driving can fuck right off

i don't actively go after people unless they do their crap in plain sight. kinda forces my hand. most of the time it's idiots lighting fires wherever they please, that really grinds my goat

Edited by luke viia
  • Like 4

Craneflies really want to be near me for some reason.  Also, they're the one insect that always manages to fall back into my cabin when I attempt to release them.  Fuck knows how many I've swallowed in my sleep.  Did you know they're also referred to as Mosquito Hawks???  Worst insect ever.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Stickfigger said:

My hangovers are multi day affairs now and have stronger guilt / shame / anxiety components than before

Welcome to your 30s. If I get a good proper drunk on, the hangover will last half the week. Depression, anxiety, lack of confidence. It's all shit.

5 hours ago, luke viia said:

these dudes were like 17. there are a lot of families that hang out here, and it's not a big place. my main motivation for stopping people is that this place is pretty remote, and drunk driving can fuck right off

i don't actively go after people unless they do their crap in plain sight. kinda forces my hand. most of the time it's idiots lighting fires wherever they please, that really grinds my goat

I member back in da day when i hanged out at a park where a lot of families would go and there were like 30 dudes from 15 to 40 somethings sitting around smoking joints... 

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure I have strep throat.  Swallowing hurts.  Talking hurts.  Yawning hurts.  Even chewing hurts.  I actually feel like eating is no longer worth it.  I actually took ibuprofen like a first world baby.

Edited by drillkicker
  • Sad 1

There's a show on Netflix that shows up on the mobile app, but it won't show up when watching in a browser. Searching and adding it to my list doesn't work :dry:

On 6/29/2020 at 2:25 AM, luke viia said:

Camping out in nature and having a bonfire is Grandfather Law. 

I think it's Sweden and/or Norway that do it right by being cool with camps as long as it's a couple hundred meters or so from a road. Nice to see a country that puts some trust in its citizens. 

Elsewhere it's a shame a few gotta ruin it for the rest. 

Really long hair. Must have driven past the barbers a hundred times prior to lockdown thinking “get a haircut hippy”, but left it. Missus is nagging now not to get it cut, claiming she’s ninja with shears trimming the back. Yeah love, you couldn’t even give it an even no3 the only time I asked.

Hairy.

3 hours ago, ooqpoo said:

Camping out in nature and having a bonfire is Grandfather Law. 

I think it's Sweden and/or Norway that do it right by being cool with camps as long as it's a couple hundred meters or so from a road. Nice to see a country that puts some trust in its citizens. 

Elsewhere it's a shame a few gotta ruin it for the rest. 

This isn't the wilderness, it's a managed park, on the west coast, where half the land burns every year. The entire county has a burn ban every summer. No fires, motherfuckers. 

Edited by luke viia
  • Like 1

i guess this is a first world problem for me since there's many in the world who have worse lifes then i do, but even the simplest pickles i'm in makes me want to die inside and i have fear and doubt overtaking me to do anything about it.

but for the past month, I've had a falling out with the spongebob forums I used, and i fucking hate myself for it, my severe mental health issues mixed with the depression has always made me pretty angry and emotional with even harmless opinions that take repsectful discussion, i also tend to get influenced by stuff that i tend to repeat it a lot with no bad intentions but they always manage to come that way to others (like being edgy and typing slurs to be stupid like the rest of the internet, which got this issue started), and it's managed to open up a bunch of skeletons in the closet of this being an issue with close friends for you, with how my behavior comes off as manipulative. i always go into my whole life problems with my health and why i feel it makes me act the way i do, and i feel bad for saying i want to fix it but never know how to start, and there's better ways to explain it since it is manipulative, it is the victim card, and i don't know why my mind makes me think and act this way. is it the lack of having positive things about myself. when i'm out in irl i don't seem to be this way unless if it's an issue when i don't get my way, and that's not good since that's not what i want to do, I've always wanted to work on myself to be a better person, since I can be nice, I WANT to be nice, but these few years i've managed to get worse mentally with ocd and it's just turned me more into a monster, and i can see why everyone who once liked me don't trust me anymore, and now I just want to cry now. 

so now i'm taking a break, since being silent and actually thinking about it without letting emotions and anger get to me because i see something my friends say when they're understandably mad at me for a lot of things for the past month (Since i also hate drawing and im always down about that too, so now people think when friends make my squidward crossover drawings, i force them too, when that's not my intention and I have shown appreciation about it, but with how i act overall i can see why people think that).

it's pretty much just flaw upon flaw with me, and the fact that i'm too scared to focus or even think nowadays is just making me act like a fucking cunt. I don't want to die, death is scary, but I feel like I ruined my own life for good. I was in the midst of therapy (it was for my intrusive ocd) but then covid happened and now i'm stuck in the house all day, just walking to get food to stuff myself and buy cars since i obsessively like my hobbies), but therapy I need for more than that.

I also hate that I'm very apologetic and explain myself a lot.

Edited by President Squidward

On 6/29/2020 at 7:00 PM, drillkicker said:

I'm pretty sure I have strep throat.  Swallowing hurts.  Talking hurts.  Yawning hurts.  Even chewing hurts.  I actually feel like eating is no longer worth it.  I actually took ibuprofen like a first world baby.

go get  tested. they can do it in office. rapid  test. takes like 10  minutes or something. probably any clinic can do it. if you tell them you think you have strep when you make an appointment it helps  streamline the process. i had strep so many times as a kid and a  few times as an adult. it's sucks and can turn into scarlet fever if you don't deal w/it. 

if you do have strep ask  for the  Z-Max antibiotic.  it's all doses at once in a powder form. you mix it w/water  and drink it and that's it. wipes it out. by the next day you'll be much better. Z-pack  is the heavy antibiotic for strep but you have to take pills for days and i found the Z-max to be way more effective and faster.  

7 hours ago, President Squidward said:

i guess this is a first world problem for me since there's many in the world who have worse lifes then i do, but even the simplest pickles i'm in makes me want to die inside and i have fear and doubt overtaking me to do anything about it.

but for the past month, I've had a falling out with the spongebob forums I used, and i fucking hate myself for it, my severe mental health issues mixed with the depression has always made me pretty angry and emotional with even harmless opinions that take repsectful discussion, i also tend to get influenced by stuff that i tend to repeat it a lot with no bad intentions but they always manage to come that way to others (like being edgy and typing slurs to be stupid like the rest of the internet, which got this issue started), and it's managed to open up a bunch of skeletons in the closet of this being an issue with close friends for you, with how my behavior comes off as manipulative. i always go into my whole life problems with my health and why i feel it makes me act the way i do, and i feel bad for saying i want to fix it but never know how to start, and there's better ways to explain it since it is manipulative, it is the victim card, and i don't know why my mind makes me think and act this way. is it the lack of having positive things about myself. when i'm out in irl i don't seem to be this way unless if it's an issue when i don't get my way, and that's not good since that's not what i want to do, I've always wanted to work on myself to be a better person, since I can be nice, I WANT to be nice, but these few years i've managed to get worse mentally with ocd and it's just turned me more into a monster, and i can see why everyone who once liked me don't trust me anymore, and now I just want to cry now. 

so now i'm taking a break, since being silent and actually thinking about it without letting emotions and anger get to me because i see something my friends say when they're understandably mad at me for a lot of things for the past month (Since i also hate drawing and im always down about that too, so now people think when friends make my squidward crossover drawings, i force them too, when that's not my intention and I have shown appreciation about it, but with how i act overall i can see why people think that).

it's pretty much just flaw upon flaw with me, and the fact that i'm too scared to focus or even think nowadays is just making me act like a fucking cunt. I don't want to die, death is scary, but I feel like I ruined my own life for good. I was in the midst of therapy (it was for my intrusive ocd) but then covid happened and now i'm stuck in the house all day, just walking to get food to stuff myself and buy cars since i obsessively like my hobbies), but therapy I need for more than that.

I also hate that I'm very apologetic and explain myself a lot.

my stupid advice is learn how to play the piano (assuming you don't know how to play it or suck at it). if you don't have a master keyboard get one for cheap. watch youtube tutorials. if you're savage learn music theory and test the concepts on the keyboard

the idea is it will make you focus on something you can do at home and music learning is one of life's great joys

get busy learning something so your brain doesn't have time to overthink life issues. and seek help, try not to dig yourself a hole or at least not to build walls around you. fyi i've been going nowhere in life for my whole life and i'm way older than you so it's not like i'm saying you need to pull yourself together, especially if you have mental health issues

anyway long live spongebob and stuff

Why is there an option in settings to switch off Windows 10 automatically searching for updates "for other microsoft products" if it switches back on every time I exit the settings? WTF really

Then it nags that it downloaded a newer version for Intel display driver, but the older version is better, then it says that it will try find a better version in the next few days... JUST LEAVE THE DAMN THING ALONE IF IT'S BETTER THEN. I checked the log and it downloads new drivers for Inter display EVERY TWO DAYS... I DON'T EVEN HAVE INTEL DISPLAY, I have nVidia graphics card in my laptop!

I went on Google to make some sense of this bollocks and it says that windows tries to automatically re-search for more updated drivers every time there's a windows update. Fuck me.

And of course, it decides to update when I open my laptop for a client presentation. So we sit there, making stupid small talk, while the screen locks up and says "This is taking longer than expected. Just leave it to us"

That's why I still run windows 7 on my workstation and I don't intend to change it even if I am the last person on earth to use it. Fuck microsoft.

Why Adobe doesn't release a Linux version for their software? What is this shit

3 hours ago, cichlisuite said:

That's why I still run windows 7 on my workstation and I don't intend to change it even if I am the last person on earth to use it. Fuck microsoft.

same here, no problems whatsoever, ever... i guess we will be the last human beings in the universe using it... got a service pack 2 fresh copy and never did any updates...

I miss Win 7. It was pretty much the most optimized iteration of the OS. Everything after that was unnecessary bells-and-whistles/privacy infringement/Internet-Explorer-rebranded-as-Edge-force-feed bullshit.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, cichlisuite said:

I'm still using Windows XP.

XP is dope though, so I'm prob not the last to still use it.  I don't think I've ever heard a good thing about Win 7, so possibly you are the last to use it.  But really Win 95's where it's at.  Microsoft should have stopped updating right then and there.  Most IDM Windows by far.  It's a fucking travesty that watmm's most IDM comp never recognized this.