IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

2 hours ago, Tim_J said:

same here, no problems whatsoever, ever... i guess we will be the last human beings in the universe using it... got a service pack 2 fresh copy and never did any updates...

never had problems as well (knocking on wood). It works without reinstall for roughly 8 years now since the last major hardware upgrade. cheers to using it to the end of times lol

19 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

I'm still using Windows XP.

XP is dope though, so I'm prob not the last to still use it.  I don't think I've ever heard a good thing about Win 7, so possibly you are the last to use it.  But really Win 95's where it's at.  Microsoft should have stopped updating right then and there.  Most IDM Windows by far.  It's a fucking travesty that watmm's most IDM comp never recognized this.

XP was alright. Win98 was better than 95, but 7 just might be the best of the bunch imho. Not sure if you're being sarcastic tho ?

I don't really do sarcasm - can't pull it off.  But I'm definitely not making a serious case for anything either.  I do in fact still use XP, on a computer that is as old.  It's served me well, probably because I disconnected from the internet right at the start and never had to suffer through any system crashing updates.  Once I got everything to work, everything continued to work for 10+ years and still counting.  And I do remember hearing endless complaints about Win 7... but I guess that's true of every new windows OS.  I've never used it.

7 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

I don't really do sarcasm - can't pull it off.

41 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

But really Win 95's where it's at.

Well, you nailed it.

• Thanks 1

ignored my own advice about putting a wire hanger down the sink drain to snag the clog..  i got most of the clog out but did exactly the thing i warned against and poked a hole in the plastic u-bend pipe so now have to sort that shit which is a pain because it's hard to get at sandwiched in between the sides of the pedestal sink. 

i am idiot. 

2 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

FWP: lonely, full of regret, way older than I remember becoming.

What happened to your lady friend?

2 hours ago, ignatius said:

ignored my own advice about putting a wire hanger down the sink drain to snag the clog..  i got most of the clog out but did exactly the thing i warned against and poked a hole in the plastic u-bend pipe so now have to sort that shit which is a pain because it's hard to get at sandwiched in between the sides of the pedestal sink. 

i am idiot. 

What how come this kind of wire pokes holes in this kind of plastic? 

shutterstock_107685965-615px.jpg

gray-snappytrap-tubular-dk-105-64_1000.j

13 minutes ago, Braintree said:

What happened to your lady friend?

Ha, yeah... she definitely assisted in putting me in this state.  She broke things off suddenly and unexpectedly 3 weeks ago.  Up until then things seemed as close to perfect as I've ever experienced, romance-wise.  To make matters worse, she wasn't available to talk about it face to face for over a week after that.  This is after seeing her almost every other day for over a month.  It was just a really brutal ending to what had up until that point seemed like a perfect match. Since I was unable to anticipate it, it was a lot harder to accept than would be normally.  Very difficult to process and move on.  It's fucked me up more than any other breakup has, because I haven't been able to understand it.  Since I last saw her (couple weeks ago) we've only talked once, although have maintained some casual online scrabble gaming, heh.  Anyway, life's just seemed hopelessly bleak to me ever since it happened, which was never the case before.  Hopefully I'll snap out of it at some point.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 6

18 hours ago, President Squidward said:

i guess this is a first world problem for me since there's many in the world who have worse lifes then i do, but even the simplest pickles i'm in makes me want to die inside and i have fear and doubt overtaking me to do anything about it.

but for the past month, I've had a falling out with the spongebob forums I used, and i fucking hate myself for it, my severe mental health issues mixed with the depression has always made me pretty angry and emotional with even harmless opinions that take repsectful discussion, i also tend to get influenced by stuff that i tend to repeat it a lot with no bad intentions but they always manage to come that way to others (like being edgy and typing slurs to be stupid like the rest of the internet, which got this issue started), and it's managed to open up a bunch of skeletons in the closet of this being an issue with close friends for you, with how my behavior comes off as manipulative. i always go into my whole life problems with my health and why i feel it makes me act the way i do, and i feel bad for saying i want to fix it but never know how to start, and there's better ways to explain it since it is manipulative, it is the victim card, and i don't know why my mind makes me think and act this way. is it the lack of having positive things about myself. when i'm out in irl i don't seem to be this way unless if it's an issue when i don't get my way, and that's not good since that's not what i want to do, I've always wanted to work on myself to be a better person, since I can be nice, I WANT to be nice, but these few years i've managed to get worse mentally with ocd and it's just turned me more into a monster, and i can see why everyone who once liked me don't trust me anymore, and now I just want to cry now. 

so now i'm taking a break, since being silent and actually thinking about it without letting emotions and anger get to me because i see something my friends say when they're understandably mad at me for a lot of things for the past month (Since i also hate drawing and im always down about that too, so now people think when friends make my squidward crossover drawings, i force them too, when that's not my intention and I have shown appreciation about it, but with how i act overall i can see why people think that).

it's pretty much just flaw upon flaw with me, and the fact that i'm too scared to focus or even think nowadays is just making me act like a fucking cunt. I don't want to die, death is scary, but I feel like I ruined my own life for good. I was in the midst of therapy (it was for my intrusive ocd) but then covid happened and now i'm stuck in the house all day, just walking to get food to stuff myself and buy cars since i obsessively like my hobbies), but therapy I need for more than that.

I also hate that I'm very apologetic and explain myself a lot.

Whoah, easy, tiger; believe me, a life isn't ruined that quickly. Like everyone else here, I don't know you IRL, so it might be hard for us to really help you, but let me just say that at least in this forum, you always seemed like a nice enough fella to me. Always enjoyed your posts and such. Just try to sit this damn covid thing out, find something worthwile and enjoyable to do to keep you busy, be it diecast cars or whatever, and try to focus on the time after when you can continue therapy. There will be a life after this.

I also like SpongeBob and Marblelympics, btw. Have thought about making a thread for the latter when it broke through, but I kept forgetting, and now I'm not sure if it's still worthwhile; but it is oddly captivating and an absolutely asshole-free sport, which is a sensation in and of itself.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Ha, yeah... she definitely assisted in putting me in this state.  She broke things off suddenly and unexpectedly 3 weeks ago.  Up until then things seemed as close to perfect as I've ever experienced, romance-wise.  To make matters worse, she wasn't available to talk about it face to face for over a week after that.  This is after seeing her almost every other day for over a month.  It was just a really brutal ending to what had up until that point seemed like a perfect match. Since I was unable to anticipate it, it was a lot harder to accept than would be normally.  Very difficult to process and move on.  It's fucked me up more than any other breakup has, because I haven't been able to understand it.  Since I last saw her (couple weeks ago) we've only talked once, although have maintained some casual online scrabble gaming, heh.  Anyway, life's just seemed hopelessly bleak to me ever since it happened, which was never the case before.  Hopefully I'll snap out of it at some point.

• Burger 1

5 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

FWP: lonely, full of regret, way older than I remember becoming.

Zeph my dude, i may not know you irl but you seem like a wonderful and genuine person to me (not to mention wildly talented). I sympathize with how you're feeling right now, also currently going through a heavy breakup (complete with cut off communication and lots of unanswered questions) and have been facing a lot of regret and acknowledging my mistakes and wasted time; try to remember that you won't feel like this forever and that you're not alone. 

• Thanks 1
  • Burger 1

Thanks man, much appreciated.  I'm sorry to hear you're going through that pain as well, especially with the cut-off communication - that's awful.  

Communication for me is still on the table, and she did want to keep being friends.  But for the next while I'm probably better off not initiating any of that.  Honestly not sure if we'll remain friends in the future.  It's kind of ridiculous that I'm affected by it as much as I am, given how brief it all was... there was just a lot crammed into a small amount of time, and to me it seemed like it had greater potential than anything previously.  The fact I was so wrong about that really puts my judgement into question, something which I thought I could trust.  So I just feel really disillusioned with everything, and I can't stop grieving this fucking thing even though it shouldn't be nearly that significant.  There's been loss in life that should have been far worse, but in all those other cases I knew it was coming, so could prepare for it and accept it a lot more easily.  Anyway, I probably shouldn't have even mentioned it.  A forum's not the place to vent about such things, especially not in the SFWP thread... though the whole thing is kind of stupid really.  To become that attached to someone I didn't even know existed 3 and a half months ago is absurd.

• Burger 1

Hang in there bois, y'all are some good eggs :datboi:

The sky absolutely opened up here this afternoon, which thwarted the one thing (disc golf) I had been looking forward to doing after a day of werk. *sadboi*

1 hour ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Thanks man, much appreciated.  I'm sorry to hear you're going through that pain as well, especially with the cut-off communication - that's awful.  

Communication for me is still on the table, and she did want to keep being friends.  But for the next while I'm probably better off not initiating any of that.  Honestly not sure if we'll remain friends in the future.  It's kind of ridiculous that I'm affected by it as much as I am, given how brief it all was... there was just a lot crammed into a small amount of time, and to me it seemed like it had greater potential than anything previously.  The fact I was so wrong about that really puts my judgement into question, something which I thought I could trust.  So I just feel really disillusioned with everything, and I can't stop grieving this fucking thing even though it shouldn't be nearly that significant.  There's been loss in life that should have been far worse, but in all those other cases I knew it was coming, so could prepare for it and accept it a lot more easily.  Anyway, I probably shouldn't have even mentioned it.  A forum's not the place to vent about such things, especially not in the SFWP thread... though the whole thing is kind of stupid really.  To become that attached to someone I didn't even know existed 3 and a half months ago is absurd.

That sucks man. It won't stay bad forever. My ex girlfriend also all of a sudden broke up with me back in February. We're talking again, but I'm not even really sure if I want to get back with her. I need to find someone that shares the same values and whatnot. Also, what I've learned about relationships is that none of them are perfect, but both of you have to be willing to work on the problems. If you're not both committed, then it will fall apart. I still haven't met anyone that's willing to put in the work.

*god fuck ocd letting me not like much these past few months*

but thanks so much for the advice @brian trageskin and @IDEM. After typing that for ages I've been very vocal about the severe OCD, Tourette's and Autism Spectrum Disorder I have, (I'm guessing I have high-function autism, since people always tell me I'm a smart guy, but the fact I'm awful socially to get myself into losing all my friends with my behavior makes me feel dumb emotionally). And the fact that I lashed out a lot on my friends in this situation (and also came off rather douchey over very inane stuff before all of this over the years on the spongebob forums (both spongebuddy mania before the admins there supported a pedophile, which is why all my sbm friends moved on to use the spongebob community since we all used that as well before SBM's downfall), and also the fact whenever someone's mad at me, I break down emotionally irl and start retaliating and explaining myself, which makes myself look like I'm using my life problems as a excuse to justify my actions, and the worst part is, the fact that this is a recurring behavior, which Autism is having repetitive hobbies (for me it's Squidward, Wunschpunsch, Diecasts, electronic music, all I tend to foucs on), and having repetitive behaviors.

I'm aware of the times I get mad and say things in the heat of the moment that hurt my friends who are mad at me and making me feel uncomfortable, and every single time I do this, I fucking regret it hard and it just makes me hate myself more, since this isn't just an online occurance, I tend to do this in real life, and it makes me look like more manipulative. It's good I have the self awareness that my actions are shit sometimes, but I fucking hate that my mind is built up to never learn HOW to fix it so I can become a better person mentally and be more positive, since while I have many examples of incidents of getting frustrated and sad over the years since 2013, I've also shown many times I do love my friends, and I see why they're so frustrated about what I've become when I've gone down a spiral to lose everything I had. I feel this shows that this is my severe autism coming into play, but it also has to be a mental downward spiral or mood swings or something.

I hate myself, I need to stop wishing and being down about how I want all of this to be taken away and actually prove to my friends that I can fight my thought process to start thinking to improve myself as a person, even if I'm stuck in a position where I live in fear to think due to my constant ocd patterns I deal with every day. Sitting here doing nothing is obviously making me feel work. I should start smaller though because all that fear just gets me more and more frustrated.

For now, I'm gonna be on here and maybe one day, I can regain trust from my friends who want me to change myself for the better. Since deep down, I really fucking want to. Cheers.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tim_J said:

What how come this kind of wire pokes holes in this kind of plastic? 

shutterstock_107685965-615px.jpg

gray-snappytrap-tubular-dk-105-64_1000.j

different kind of plastic. it's actually some kind of weird composite that is kind of brittle and it's chromed. the J part of the pipe is the part that has a hole in it. i thought i was being careful. had the end of the hanger bent so it was a loop and thought i'd be safe just nudging around and snagging the big clod of goop. 

pdjdgqH.jpg

• Farnsworth 1

1 minute ago, ignatius said:

different kind of plastic. it's actually some kind of weird composite that is kind of brittle and it's chromed. the J part of the pipe is the part that has a hole in it. i thought i was being careful. had the end of the hanger bent so it was a loop and thought i'd be safe just nudging around and snagging the big clod of goop. 

pdjdgqH.jpg

I've heard about death metal, black metal, etc, but plastic metal? That's new to me... 

Farnsworth_400x400.png

• Farnsworth 1

14 minutes ago, ignatius said:

pdjdgqH.jpg

Yo if a wire hangar is poking a hole through your U-bend, that is ridiculously cheap plastic you got going on. It should be flexible PVC, and no wire hangar is poking through that without significant effort. 

23 hours ago, ignatius said:

go get  tested. they can do it in office. rapid  test. takes like 10  minutes or something. probably any clinic can do it. if you tell them you think you have strep when you make an appointment it helps  streamline the process. i had strep so many times as a kid and a  few times as an adult. it's sucks and can turn into scarlet fever if you don't deal w/it. 

if you do have strep ask  for the  Z-Max antibiotic.  it's all doses at once in a powder form. you mix it w/water  and drink it and that's it. wipes it out. by the next day you'll be much better. Z-pack  is the heavy antibiotic for strep but you have to take pills for days and i found the Z-max to be way more effective and faster.  

I think it's already starting to pass now.  The pain is much less extreme today than yesterday and the day before.  Thanks for the advice, though.

• Like 1

The last time I made beer, I ended up clogging the sink pipe with grain. I poured a fuck ton of hot water down there but was still clogged. My roommate and I were planning to remove that part of the pipe, but when he put his hand on the pipe it disintegrated in his hand. Looked like glitter was sprinkled everywhere.

• Farnsworth 1