IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

39 minutes ago, Squee said:

Had a train ticket to Hamburg. My train got cancelled and nobody had told anyone about this. I then spent 30 min talking to customer service about this. They got us some new tickets that never arrived in my inbox. Then we were told a bunch of misinformation and now I’m on a bus heading to Germany... I think?

They are incompetent and overpriced. I only use flixbus these days

I’ve used nothing but canned chickpeas for both hummus and falafel and have always had good results, texture and tastewise. One thing I always do with any canned vegetables/legumes is rinse them with water to get rid of the brine. Usually it foams a bit (probably proteïne?) I stop rinsing when it stops foaming. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, timbre monke said:

I always used canned chickpeas when making my own hummus. The only problem I usually run into that way is I end up using too much garlic.

You use olive oil, right? You could put whole garlic cloves (don't even need to peel them) into the olive oil and leave them there for some days and then remove them, alternatively heat the olive oil up with the garlic and let is soak up the garlic taste, then discard the garlic and just use the infused oil. Make sure you wound the cloves by hitting them so the aroma can come out better. That way you can't really use too much garlic, plus only the aroma goes into the food, not the stuff that gives you a bad breath

• Like 1

I was out of the loop at work after coming back from vacation, then one of my team members took off the rest of the week. I did like 20 tickets yesterday to make sure the next production release would go off smoothly, but then something broke and one of the executives let us know about it this morning. It's been a long day.

^ at least you're not paying attention :cisfor:

thanks to everybody that pitched some cheap veggie meals. I've eaten so much hummus in my lifetime that it is no longer a major part of my diet. I do enjoy it, and I have made my own many times (though not lately), quite good... but I'm kinda burnt out on the stuff. I'd eat more baba ghanouj if it didn't turn me into a living fart. 

I learned about Buddha bowls recently and that seems like a handy template for a good variety of dinners. 

Edited by luke viia
  • Like 1

I still have a mouse infestation in my condo unit. I tried deploying a mixture of cayenne pepper and ground cloves as repellent, but I still saw one scurrying around just a half hour ago. And I can't be bothered with the traps anymore.

Maybe it's time I got my first pet cat. My mom's been trying to talk me into it for years anyway, although just for companionship sake. I should probably keep quiet about the true reason I want one.

the last few days i've worked with my neighbor on fixing the shared fence between our houses. turned into a larger project than planned all because the tree/stump on the property like they wanted to grind down so they could follow through on their back yard plans. all well and good and it'll be nicer/improved/better when all is done. today should be the last day of the project and we were supposed to start "in the morning" but as yet he hasn't appeared. texted him a while ago. it's been super nice out all morning like high 60s and sunny. but by afternoon it'll be fucking hot. i have other shit to do so not really wanted to twiddle my thumbs until he appears.  plus i'm kinda running on empty here. 

i hate group projects. they're awesome neighbors, good people but i hate waiting. fucking hate hate hate waiting. 

edit: fuck. sunday battle with nausea and woooozzyness. would like to poop in the mouth of the universe just now

Edited by ignatius

Been researching music blogs in order to set the cogs in motion for an upcoming release, part of which involves familiarizing myself with some of the albums they've reviewed so I can make my contact email a bit more personal... like "hey, I really enjoyed your blah blah blah on etc. etc." to establish a friendly connection.  Anyway, lyric to the last song I checked out included the phrase "can I be the bloody diaper" with not an iota of irony attached to it, just glossy pseudo-sexy professionalism.  Why do I put myself through this?  And how is this what mainstream metaphors have become?

• Like 1

On 7/17/2020 at 12:52 AM, caze said:

If you blitz your garlic with lemon juice it will mellow out the overly pungent garlic hit (you can also pass the resulting paste through a sieve, then add that liquid to your tahini and then that to the blended chickpeas).

also, cut a whole head of garlic on the top. Put in a glass dish with a cover. poor olive oil all over it. Some sea salt and pepper. Bake at 300 for 40 minutes.

Just now, marf said:

also, cut a whole head of garlic on the top. Put in a glass dish with a cover. poor olive oil all over it. Some sea salt and pepper. Bake at 300 for 40 minutes.

You'd end up with a sort of garlic paste/spread that you can put on bread. Browned and flavourful at the top and creamy and smooth at the bottom. How gay is that

oven-roasted-garlic-recipe.png

28 minutes ago, dingformung said:

You'd end up with a sort of garlic paste/spread that you can put on bread. Browned and flavourful at the top and creamy and smooth at the bottom. How gay is that

oven-roasted-garlic-recipe.png

have had this a few times with nice bread pre-celiac days.. at the end there wasn't enough bread left to so i scooped out a bit of bread from the end and put the rest of the garlic in there like it was ice cream then put the scooped out bread back in there and it was garlic paste masterpiece finale. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dingformung said:

What a weird and - frankly - audacious answer to Tim_J's post.

I meant 

Spoiler

AromaticHospitableIberiannase-small.gif

Did I screw it up ? I think so.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1