IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

man yekker, those pancakes you made were FIRE!

• Haha 1

i can't even.  dissociative drug pls. 

the universe is low key trying to kill me. i think if it was serious i'd have been hit by a car or something.. but instead it just piles on mostly treatable conditions that mean i have to make appointments and phone calls and tests and procedures and get incrementally more hills/valleys of anxiety/stress and have discussions with people and it all just serves to make me indifferent to my own life.  i actually laughed out loud about it while emptying the dishwasher a little while ago. 

tenor.gif

or the simulation is run by a sadistic fuck who's also an exGF from a past life who i really fucked over and now is having a great time putting the screws to me for sexing her friend after that party that one time. 

Edited by ignatius
  • Sad 4

11 hours ago, eassae said:

Today:

1. Wake up->website that I work on was migrated to a new server overnight->server is non-responsive: 2 hours troubleshooting.
  2. Another site that I work on has a mailchimp integration that stopped working: 2 hours trouble shooting.
  3. Another site that I work on is throwing mobile errors in Google Search console: 1 hour trouble shooting->without changes an hour later no errors present, they just go away.
  4. Before I head out to teach for the night, I start the process of cloning my desktop to my computer to my laptop so I can go out of town for three weeks->get home from teaching at 10 to find the process failed, and I have no start up disk.

Awesome day.

next time, hover over your computer with one of these. let it know who's boss

spacer.png

20 hours ago, ignatius said:

the universe is low key trying to kill me. i think if it was serious i'd have been hit by a car or something.. but instead it just piles on mostly treatable conditions that mean i have to make appointments and phone calls and tests and procedures and get incrementally more hills/valleys of anxiety/stress and have discussions with people and it all just serves to make me indifferent to my own life.  i actually laughed out loud about it while emptying the dishwasher a little while ago. 

i'm very sorry for you dude. i think the universe is just trying to tell you that no one's in charge and suffering is random, just in case you didn't know.

fuck you universe. thanks for the good food though.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ignatius said:

tenor.gif

or the simulation is run by a sadistic fuck who's also an exGF from a past life who i really fucked over and now is having a great time putting the screws to me for sexing her friend after that party that one time. 

shit, hang on man... all the best!

• Like 1

tenor.gif

lol what dissociative did you take? You took too much man, too much

2 minutes ago, Ivan Ooze said:
21 hours ago, ignatius said:
tenor.gif

lol what dissociative did you take? You took too much man, too much

oh i didn't take any. that's the problem. i have none. once a month it'd be nice. 

6 minutes ago, ignatius said:

oh i didn't take any. that's the problem. i have none. once a month it'd be nice. 

dissociative drugs make u think even harder in my experience. my worst thoughts have been whilst on ketamine

it makes your head all cloudy so you can only focus on one thing at a time and if thoughts come in ur head then ur full attention is on that

14 minutes ago, milkface said:

dissociative drugs make u think even harder in my experience. my worst thoughts have been whilst on ketamine

it makes your head all cloudy so you can only focus on one thing at a time and if thoughts come in ur head then ur full attention is on that

OK then xanax/oxy hybrid pls. propophol? verSed? 

? 

but i was only venting and wishing i could unplug my brain for an afternoon. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ignatius said:

tenor.gif

I feel you, man. It sucks. 

• Like 1

Some bitch ass shit toad living underneath me thought it would be a good idea to hammer away at whatever the fuck they're hammering away at nearly 11 PM.

Also this has felt like a weird week in general. I skipped gym entirely and have been napping more than usual. I deadass napped 4 hrs straight after work today thinking it wouldn't take that long. But it was nearly 9 PM by the time I woke back up.

barber gave me a shit haircut. to rub salt in the wound i literally could've asked my friend to give me a haircut for free which would have been 1000x better. i have no idea why no barber is capable of giving a good haircut EVER it's crazy i will never step foot in a barbers ever again

9 hours ago, milkface said:

barber gave me a shit haircut. to rub salt in the wound i literally could've asked my friend to give me a haircut for free which would have been 1000x better. i have no idea why no barber is capable of giving a good haircut EVER it's crazy i will never step foot in a barbers ever again

let it grow

• Big Brain 1

15 hours ago, diatoms said:

let it grow

it was getting like this though i couldn't see cause it was always in front of my eyes lol

90's Curtain Hairstyles for Men | Middle Part Hair Guys | Men's Style

7 minutes ago, milkface said:
15 hours ago, diatoms said:

let it grow

it was getting like this though i couldn't see cause it was always in front of my eyes lol

90's Curtain Hairstyles for Men | Middle Part Hair Guys | Men's Style

longer....... to your belly button

• Like 1

Now waiting for the recording to be uploaded so I can check if it was audible.

I had my mouth closed and covered it with my hand. But it was a pretty longish burp

I feel like I'm george in a seinfeld episode sort of

Edited by Berk
  • Farnsworth 1

woke up to pee at 6am. went back to bed. fell asleep and was woken at 7am by noise of people talking outside my window. my neighbor's driveway is about 6ft from my bedroom window and i think someone was delivering something. 

now my whole day is fucked as i couldn't fall back to sleep and i feel like i could pass out.. but can't sleep. so, i'm either going to have to speak to my neighbor about keeping voices low when it's before 9am (should be fucking common practice) and/or print up a nice note and stick it to my window outside (passive aggressive much?) so any wayward fucking morning person/loud delivery asshole will stfu at 7am when they're dropping off whatever the fuck it is. 

i've had nothing but problems since day 1 with the flat i'm renting for the next few weeks (different place from last time, for those who read my previous airbnb misadventure). i've had to battle for every single thing: 

1st the washing machine wouldn't work - fixed very quickly by the landlord's proxy, fine. that evening, had to ask the next-door neighbour to turn his tv down as the building is terribly loud.

then the neighbour downstairs decided to party with a whole bunch of people until i made them stop at 3 am, when the out loud singing started to really get on my nerves. btw i knocked on the door a 1st time, fuckers kept singing, knocked a 2nd time, same shit, fuckers were singing too loud to hear me knocking. so the 3rd time i knocked on the door so fucking hard that my knuckles bled, every single noise stopped instantly, and the guy i discussed with was visibly scared. flol 

the next day, no more hot water in the flat. and the boiler isn't in the flat, otherwise i would have checked myself. left a message to the proxy but it was sunday and i'm in the middle of nowhere, so i waited the next day. proxy fixed it today, turns out the hot water tank had probably been off since before my arrival, even though i'd had showers. i had to wait a few hours for the tank to fill up with hot water or something (as you may have noticed, i know nothing about such things). anyway fine. 

now what, the internet has been fucking slow since yesterday. no wonder since it turns out i'm sharing the connexion with the other flats in the building! great, just fucking great. it's not like that detail wasn't advertised on airbnb, oh wait that wasn't advertised on the site. so i wrote a long message to the host to inform him of all my misadventures and ask him what he could do to fix the internet. to which he replied immediately that i'd be given a private 5G connexion tomorrow.   

what's next? a flood? burglary? can't wait.

• Like 1

having a snack. turned on the tv. anaconda is just starting. i'm bewildering. this is on the Bounce network which isn't a thing i thought i have since i have $12 cable and only like 4 channels.  my usual channels are 702/3/5/6/7/8/ and some how i'm on channel 1182. 

so, anaconda.. anyway.. jon voight.. bad accents, stupid everything.. holy shit owen wilson is in this.. jennifer lopez.. ice cube.. eric stoltz smoking ... stereotypes for days. 

my sleep deprivation getting weird. 

44 minutes ago, toaoaoad said:

More of a FWS - this thread is helping me realize that my own noisy neighbours are really not so bad at all ?

But seriously I don't understand why a) most buildings don't seem to be built with noise transfer in mind at all - even the sparkly brand new towers that are coming up all over town and cost a fortune, they still have paper thin walls where everyone can hear everything - is insulation really that expensive?  or b) there isn't a basic code of etiquette in our society that each person understands about living in shared buildings (i.e. shut the fuck up). I once had a student from Korea who told me that there is a basic understanding there, as so many people are stacked in massive high rises in small quarters, that they all just know to keep quiet. Here, it seems we each have to resort to passive aggressive (or outright aggressive) behaviour (for myself this usually means - show them just how much noise really travels and how noisy it could be around here if we don't show mutual respect... heh). ?!?!?  

my theory is that yeah, insulation is expensive, and we live in a society of fucking egotistic cunts who only understand force. 

we-live-in-5bb718.jpg

• Farnsworth 1