IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

family loss can fuck off, been surrounded by death, illness and institutional healthcare incompetence for the last 3 years

i know we dont decide these things, that its the way the universe & nature handle the mortality of life, that theres probably never been a better time to be alive in terms of disease control & palliative care provision....but death dont have no mercy in any land

found one way to honour lost loved ones is to make their favourite meals with family, play their favourite music when the moods suits and visit their favourite places, on the 1 hand it can sharpen the sense of absence but it can also provide subtle, warming, gentle pathways that facilitate grief both for the individual & the broader family

counselling offers an array of options, everyone handles grief in their own way....but thank the gods that these things are even accessible in the first place, something to consider if family members or yourself need support along the way

Squee -- sorry to hear about your grandma, my condolences. Pet good dogs or cats? Might not help in your situation, but it helped me when my grandpa passed and I was feeling blue

I was sick all last week, felt better over the weekend, now I feel like it's coming back. Time to clean every fucking thing in my house.

Also, on the subject of cleaning: one of my roommates likes to invite people over, make a mess, and clean it up weeks later. God fucking damn. I washed a mountain of dishes last week because I was tired of staring at them (for two weeks) and then two days later he comes home and makes a giant mess again. It's still there.

Re:the sickness -- I used to get sick like that on and off for months at a time. Turns out I had a bunch of structural issues in my schnozz. 4000$ surgery later (thanks insurance, otherwise it'd be 40k) and I have been sick twice since I got it 3 years ago.

Re: the roommate - I've been there. I've straight up resorted to consolidating the mess and putting it in their room. If they wanna sleep where they shit, that's cool, but it's not my deal to clean messes or remind them to clean up like a decent human being.

Had an old roommate who I swear thought dishes would grow legs and move themselves once they colonized with enough microflora...

Very anxious

Have you tried a heroic dose of psychedelics in a non-ideal setting? Edited by Audioblysk

I might have a new journalist crush. Is it wrong to have a crush on a journalist?

(Not talking about celebs, couldn't give a fuk)

If it's wrong, I don't wanna be right. I've got a schoolboy crush on FiveThirtyEight's Clare Malone.

I might have a new journalist crush. Is it wrong to have a crush on a journalist?

(Not talking about celebs, couldn't give a fuk)

If it's wrong, I don't wanna be right. I've got a schoolboy crush on FiveThirtyEight's Clare Malone.

Word. If you follow AJ+ you've probably seen Francesca Fiorentini. She's my latest crush anyway. John Ehrlichman's sis sorta was for a bit, and Cath Turner was about six years ago.

I don't care for rich bimbos. I appreciate independent ladies who are in the know and aren't afraid to rattle the establishment.

I woke up at 4:30am in a panic realizing I don't have my buses setup correctly to allow the engineer in Montreal on Source Connect and the director in Toronto on Skype to communicate to each other for an ADR session today. Got up, showered, ate, and drove to the studio to try to figure it out only to realize I can't do it without completely changing my setup. The way I have it will cause feedback loops and I don't have the resources to have dedicated isolated buses for Source Connect and Skype to speak to each other. I sent an email to Montreal to setup a Skype connection with the director on their end and I triple checked my Pro Tools buses to make sure everything is correct.

tldr; overly complicated ADR sessions are the worst.

Woke up feeling sick. Felt like I was gonna throw up. I think it’s because I’ve been too busy lately. I’ve had deadlines chasing my ass the last 9 months.

I actually woke up because of a work related email. I then go back to sleep to sleep another hour and then I dream about sound design and music. I wake up, take a shower. As I’m showering I receive an email from a client who’s not quite convinced by some music I’ve made. Awesome. I then start working on a commercial and make a plan of what needs to be recorded. I go to a parking basement to record some ambience and then I drop my phone. Everything seems fine but when I get home I noticed the glass is slightly cracked at the bottom. I finish working on the sound design and I’m pretty happy about it. But I haven’t asked my client what channel the commercial will be showed on because I’m afraid I don’t know the audio specs. So I’m just gonna hold my breath, master it according to EBU R128 -23dB and hope for the best. Fuck.

I haven’t had a break in 12 months.

farted really loud during a work related, cross national, 3-way video conference today. i was sure that the not so great audio quality of the transmission would garble it enough to make it sound unrecognizable, as a random interference of sorts, and so i didn't bother doing any effort to conceal it. but it's possible that this was a mistake as there was a short but pronounced pause in the talk of one of the colleagues after i broadcasted the fart.

farted really loud during a work related, cross national, 3-way video conference today. i was sure that the not so great audio quality of the transmission would garble it enough to make it sound unrecognizable, as a random interference of sorts, and so i didn't bother doing any effort to conceal it. but it's possible that this was a mistake as there was a short but pronounced pause in the talk of one of the colleagues after i broadcasted the fart.

WATMM Post of the Year 2017

All I can suggest Squee is that you take holiday ASAP

Yeah - two more weeks and I'm done with 2 big projects. I'm planning on going to Berlin with my girlfriend.

LOL!

Even more IDM if he was wearing a full length leather jacket, beard and chromatic neon wrap around shades at the time and local time was 4am. Obviously afterwards he went to his downtown apartment where his opioid addicted girlfriend was levelling herself out with some benzedrine and there was no food in tbe fridge just four cans of Japanese edition original full fat cock.