IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

Yeah it was a significant rumble.  Would have been audible for a pretty big chunk of the city. Wonder what that was.

Is there a military base around? I googled "Loud noise Victoria today" and there was a bunch of reports from November about fighter jets. 

Dem afterburners

There's a base in Esquimalt... but they keep a pretty low profile for the most part.  But yeah those fighter jets do their thing from time to time.  My research into the matter somehow lead me to this doozy:

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=1295520

Now that's a FWP.  What a dink move by the Jeopardy judges...

i messed up my knee some how and i'm in lots of pain, makes it hard to get around. unfortunately i have my janitorial job tonight..

i hope i can finish up in time, i usually have to rush around but not tonight :/

You know when you're holding a shit and you're doing just fine, but when you're just about to go to the restroom your body prepares for liftoff and it suddenly becomes impossible to hold it in? That's kind of what I'm feeling with my degree. I've only 3 courses and half a final project left and it's doing my fucking head in. Can't wait to get this over with

also fwp, balding at 23 :catbleed: this wouldn't be as much of a problem if I could grow a decent beard and didnt have a massive head. Not that I know how I'd look bald or with short hair, but I have a feeling it won't look good. In reality I don't really look bald, the hairline's not receding, it's just my hair is thinning on top of my head a lot... not even in the typical crown bald spot way. In any case it's not looking good. Pray for me and my future dickhead

my ex keeps getting mail here.. she moved out months ago. changed her address etc.. but she got a wedding invite from someone in her family and a letter from a close friend... so i have to text her to come get her crap and make a plan and stuff.  it's great. really. great. 

FWP: trying desperately to [covertly] get my future MIL to stay in a bed & breakfast instead of in my 350 SF two-room house. she's here for a week. as an introvert and seasoned idm autist i will not stand idly by while another person tries to be in my house for any extended period of time.

Edited by luke viia

FWP: trying desperately to [covertly] get my future MIL to stay in a bed & breakfast instead of in my 350 SF two-room house. she's here for a week.

a week is a long long time in MIL terms, thats 604800 seconds, you could even lob a few zeros on the end it'd make no real difference to your unendurable suffering

get her in the B&B, that way she cant inspect every aspect of your home, decor & relationship with her offspring, plus those awkward meal times

stifling

FWP: trying desperately to [covertly] get my future MIL to stay in a bed & breakfast instead of in my 350 SF two-room house. she's here for a week. as an introvert and seasoned idm autist i will not stand idly by while another person tries to be in my house for any extended period of time.

lol

I'm having a similar fwp but worse atm.

Getting evicted from my place and looking for a place in central london. Anywhere I can afford is sharing, including sharing a bathroom and a kitchen.

tbh it's not even putting up with other people I'm scared of. It's the fact I know I'm probably really unpleasant to live with.

It never rains all year in CA then an entire river falls out of the sky in like 24 hours and everything floods...

All those prayers to God to help with the fires finally got answered.

"Woah, you have so music, my bro! I gotta give some of these a try, my broski!"

*Flatmate puts Gerogerigegege into CD player*

*Presses play*

"..."

lol

*close up* That darned hello spiral! *exasperated grin*

*laugh track*

EDIT: I feel like a total asshole now. After making my above joke I just saw that the flooding in California turned to mudslides (partly because the land was fucked up from fire damage) and has killed a lot of people. I had no idea :/

Edited by auxien

FWP: trying desperately to [covertly] get my future MIL to stay in a bed & breakfast instead of in my 350 SF two-room house. she's here for a week.

a week is a long long time in MIL terms, thats 604800 seconds, you could even lob a few zeros on the end it'd make no real difference to your unendurable suffering

get her in the B&B, that way she cant inspect every aspect of your home, decor & relationship with her offspring, plus those awkward meal times

stifling

thank you for your sympathies

this has blown up in my face. yadda yadda yadda, everyone's mad and MIL wants to sleep in a van in the front yard while I play the part of Moustachioed Vaudeville Devil from my warm bedroom. i never asked for this.