IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

Thanks for the support watmm.  

I would like to apologize on behalf of the chickens though, because it turns out they've been there forever - it's the addition of the rooster that has caused all the ruckus.  That thing won't shutup.  I never noticed the chickens once before, but now it sounds like a regular chicken orgy... and it's all rooster.

Also, that ceramic plate that survived the stove element miraculously unscathed has developed a long thin crack days after the incident.  

When it rains it pours.

truck got robbed tonight.

$800 ipod gone, $100USD, all my personal identification. Caught the fucker on camera buying smokes though. Did some sleuthing and found the gas station's transit number for transactions. Did some research and tracked down the gas station address, the attendant knew right away - he tried to make a $200 purchase which can't be tapped you need a pin number. The guy didn't know my pin number and tried to use my fucking Costco card as picture ID. The gas station attendant had him pegged out, he even knew my name off the card and said the guy had my whole wallet out.

I'm livid. Also confused as I always lock my truck with my fob, and even if I don't, it locks automatically within 5 seconds. No signs of damage to the vehicle. So really confused.

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj

have to go get fitted for a tuxedo this evening.. for a wedding.. because i'm special and being "honored" by the bride so tortured. will have to wear the tux. no way out of it apparently. 

also will cost $200 .. also, i am flying across the country for the wedding. thanks for the honor! 

I know! I'm so pissed. Now I have to spend time at the registry getting ID, going to the bank to get new cards, calling a bunch of my service providers to update billing info, etc. Basically wastes a day, lost a bunch of money, and also feel kind of violated. Like my personal info is in there, family photos. grr

^sucks about the truck getting robbed. I had my place broken into a few times years ago, was very frustrating and really stressed me in ways I didn't expect.

SFWP: I pissed on a yellowjacket nest. I got stung twice but it wasn't quite as bad as it could've been (no swole peen thank fuck). In the midst of swatting them away while running like a little child I lodged a stinger in my fingertip, so it's basically like I got stung 3 times.  :cerious:

Got off work at 12:30am, have to go back in at 11am... This group we're hosting this week fucking sucks, but it's a returning client and one of our biggest.

Got off work at 12:30am, have to go back in at 11am... This group we're hosting this week fucking sucks, but it's a returning client and one of our biggest.

Sucks man.

Yeah, at my job, there is a 10 hour shift interval minimum, but I've had to come in after 10 hours way too many times to count. Back in the day, the minimum reset at the start of the work week, so people would often have 6 hours between shifts from Sunday to Monday and such. Criminal, imo.

My first world problem: gnugp2 is taking forever to build from the ports tree in openBSD.

truck got robbed tonight.

$800 ipod gone, $100USD, all my personal identification. Caught the fucker on camera buying smokes though. Did some sleuthing and found the gas station's transit number for transactions. Did some research and tracked down the gas station address, the attendant knew right away - he tried to make a $200 purchase which can't be tapped you need a pin number. The guy didn't know my pin number and tried to use my fucking Costco card as picture ID. The gas station attendant had him pegged out, he even knew my name off the card and said the guy had my whole wallet out.

I'm livid. Also confused as I always lock my truck with my fob, and even if I don't, it locks automatically within 5 seconds. No signs of damage to the vehicle. So really confused.

That sucks mate !

Realized today the guy also got my garage door opener... nothing missing yet, thankfully the wife has 2 vehicles and one was left in front of the house all day today (probably spooked the guy).

But now I have to worry about the guy fucking prowling - he's obvs got my address since he has my license. ugh. So shitty....

Too bad it's so hard to get a gun in Canada, am I right stevey ?

It's tough yeah, doesn't mean I don't have a few. ;0

All legal and I'd never use that type of force unless my life was in danger. A fentanyl addict can try to steal all the shit he wants, I wouldn't kill him for that.

Have a Louisville slugger here though for non-fatal force. 

I realize this is probably a controversial post. But if someone is breaking into my garage (someone that just completely violated me by stealing my identification, banking info, family photos including one of my deceased father etc) I may just break a leg or two...

edit: post written in anger. I really hope it doesn't boil over into a situation like that. I don't really know what to do.

Too bad it's so hard to get a gun in Canada, am I right stevey ?

It's tough yeah, doesn't mean I don't have a few. ;0

All legal and I'd never use that type of force unless my life was in danger. A fentanyl addict can try to steal all the shit he wants, I wouldn't kill him for that.

Have a Louisville slugger here though for non-fatal force. 

I realize this is probably a controversial post. But if someone is breaking into my garage (someone that just completely violated me by stealing my identification, banking info, family photos including one of my deceased father etc) I may just break a leg or two...

edit: post written in anger. I really hope it doesn't boil over into a situation like that. I don't really know what to do.

yeah yeah. i here ya. i was half joking anyways... sucks though, sucks more feeling scared in your own home.  

No no, I know you were joking!

But you hit the nail on the head. Now I feel trapped in my own home... Is someone going to be breaking in tonight? When they can't get into the garage are they going to note the bedroom window? The patio door? Will my GF be safe working from home the next few days? etc. Some people are so shitty. 

It really bothers me because I try hard to be a good person IRL... I volunteer time and money to various causes, would never steal from anyone and try to pay things forward etc. Definitely questioning karma at this point as I search to try and find a reason I could deserve this. 

>=( hope this never happens to anyone else on the watmms.

No no, I know you were joking!

But you hit the nail on the head. Now I feel trapped in my own home... Is someone going to be breaking in tonight? When they can't get into the garage are they going to note the bedroom window? The patio door? Will my GF be safe working from home the next few days? etc. Some people are so shitty. 

It really bothers me because I try hard to be a good person IRL... I volunteer time and money to various causes, would never steal from anyone and try to pay things forward etc. Definitely questioning karma at this point as I search to try and find a reason I could deserve this. 

>=( hope this never happens to anyone else on the watmms.

On a smaller $ scale, i had a car break in about 2 weeks ago. They took a 16 gb flash drive with music, and an Ipod touch with music, both of which i used for car-tunes. Also two skateboards I purchased within the last few months. 

Fwiw, I had the same thing happen where I was almost positive I locked my car with the fob, but no windows were broken.  It's an annoyingly common thing that happens here in the parking garage of our "Luxury" (which i call pseudo-luxury) apartment building. Fortunately, it's much harder for people to get into our actual units. Just want to say, I can relate to the anger, but I hope you don't beat yourself up too much with the karma thing.

Stay safe man.

RIP skateboards

post-20515-0-09798800-1534843411_thumb.jpg

Oh I did!

That's actually part of what is frustrating - they won't show me the surveillance video. They said "if you have to pick the guy out of a lineup you'll be biased if we show you the video". Makes zero sense to me really, I didn't see the burglary happening or anything. I just want to know what the guy looks like so if I see him in the area around my work or around my house I can call the police.

I figure they're just worried about vigilantes or something. =/

Oh I did!

That's actually part of what is frustrating - they won't show me the surveillance video. They said "if you have to pick the guy out of a lineup you'll be biased if we show you the video". Makes zero sense to me really, I didn't see the burglary happening or anything. I just want to know what the guy looks like so if I see him in the area around my work or around my house I can call the police.

I figure they're just worried about vigilantes or something. =/

Ok good. I understand them not showing you the video, but their reason doesn't make sense to me either - if they know you didn't see the burglary happening, why would you be required to identify a suspect in a line-up.

I would then just suggest that if you see any suspicious activity around your place, call the cops again. You should have an incident number from the burglary, let them know it could possibly be in relation to that.

There's an ice cream truck somewhere nearby, and it's making the rooster VERY ANGRY!

Also it's teasing me.  I'd definitely buy an ice cream from an ice cream truck if it were visible to me, but I'm nowhere near motivated enough to go for a wander around the neighborhood in the hopes we may cross paths.  Now I want to know the name of the famous old timey song it's playing on loop, but it has no lyrics so how am I supposed to look it up?