IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

yeah swimming is good but quite difficult to actually get done right now... pools shut pretty early round here (6pm), and i can't go in the morning coz kids

Ain't u live on a big fookin island m9? :D

Queensland beaches are grossly misrepresented in our export media. Think cancer and jellyfish , not bikini bottoms and forbidden affairs . Also , I managed to find myself in a capital city that has no beach lol - but we do have a big brown river full of mud sharks so that's nice I guess

I wasn't ever going to go there but i'm definitely not now, mud shark river swimmin' sounds not too far from how we do things around here. Why travel around the world just for the same shit? Australian tourism board is gonna hunt you down

Haven't tried heroin for this , saving that for the cancer pain

Went to physio last year when it got quite bad , might go back . Not a bad idea the yoga really , might look at some targeted stretching etc... all of the meditative stuff in yoga turns me off :)

I think maybe just a few k walking at night will probably do the trick in the short term

Yeah I was referring to the stretching bit of yoga. Acupuncture really can work wonders for muscle and joint pains. Don't let them try and convince you it can cure cancer though.

Not sure exactly what it's called , the physios call it dry needling - where they put the needles into the actual muscle knots instead of the spine - have had some relief from that . Actually did a tonne of stretching yesterday and used the spiky ball and feel a bunch better . Will see if doing push-ups triggers it again and if so ask the physio how to deal with that

Dry needling definitely works for me, yes. 

This is going to sound really stupid maybe. But I had a number of issues with my shins and IT bands that I was having treated at physio and with the dry needling. Someone recommended a TENS machine to me (see Dr Ho lol) for those issues.

And sure enough, 3 weeks of using the TENS machine at 45 mins per session on REALLY high settings, my shin and IT issues were gone. 

Between that and foam rolling, it seems to achieve the same thing.

I was honestly skeptical but it did the trick. I can walk and run without developing shin splints or other leg issues.

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj

Not sure exactly what it's called , the physios call it dry needling - where they put the needles into the actual muscle knots instead of the spine - have had some relief from that . Actually did a tonne of stretching yesterday and used the spiky ball and feel a bunch better . Will see if doing push-ups triggers it again and if so ask the physio how to deal with that

This is going to sound really stupid maybe. But I had a number of issues with my shins and IT bands that I was having treated at physio and with the dry needling. Someone recommended a TENS machine to me (see Dr Ho lol) for those issues.

And sure enough, 3 weeks of using the TENS machine at 45 mins per session on REALLY high settings, my shin and IT issues were gone. 

I was honestly skeptical but it did the trick. I can walk and run without developing shin splints or other leg issues.

IT issues? whats wrong with your computer ???

Haven't tried heroin for this , saving that for the cancer pain

Went to physio last year when it got quite bad , might go back . Not a bad idea the yoga really , might look at some targeted stretching etc... all of the meditative stuff in yoga turns me off :)

I think maybe just a few k walking at night will probably do the trick in the short term

i dont really get this like when peopole ALWAYs say that fukn same same thing lke "ye i'm saving heroin for when I am an old man loOOLz  or in cancer or just want to kill myself"

like (no offenses bud) but i think that is like addict talk like "ye i'm gona do herone when i'm old ye bro"

pls STOPPPPP

IT issues? whats wrong with your computer ???

not sure if joking...

IT band = iliotibial band. Outer side of your thigh. Fascial buildup occurs if you walk with poor stance among other things, and it can cause pain all up your legs, back, and neck.

^ that's exactly my issue, I over pronate!

I have orthotics/inserts which help, but since I'm such a heavy guy (222lbs right now) running easily aggravates my condition. The TENS machine has helped majorly, not sure how or the science tbh but it has done the trick. 

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj

managers at work utterly retarded, I've no work to do, and a high chance of not geting any work to do for the next 5 days. I think the expectation is I should find some work to do out of my own non existente volition. Anyone need a Junior dev? I've heard its easy to get a one year work visa in Canada :cattears:

managers at work utterly retarded, I've no work to do, and a high chance of not geting any work to do for the next 5 days. I think the expectation is I should find some work to do out of my own non existente volition. Anyone need a Junior dev? I've heard its easy to get a one year work visa in Canada :cattears:

Sounds like a good time for an audio/synthesis programming side project.

Sounds like a good time for an audio/synthesis programming side project.

now that you mention it it really is

stares at empty file

Balenciagas are an hilarious combination of hideous and expensive.

I've only ever seen their shoes but i just looked up the clothes they sell and that shit is even MORE hideous and expensive

my friend wore clunky balenciaga sneakers to uni the other day and the only person who commented on them asked if he had injured his feet/legs

something like this

11583858WV_10_a_f.jpg

lol

Today had a rough start. Woke up at 5:30am for no reason. Couldn't fall asleep again til 6:30, alarm went off at 7:30, but was late getting up since I was still tired. Roommate got in the shower just before I was going to and used all the hot water. Found my bike had a flat tire just before I was about to leave  :catrage:

I'm such a heavy guy (222lbs right now)

Fuck outta here, that's not even obese

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

My doctor seems to think so!

i'm about that but taller