IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

This sketch was rejected for a soundtrack. I really liked it :(

Clearly, the people who rejected it are slack jawed yokels. It even sounds good on my laptop speakers.

[youtube/]

did you guys all hear squees maskine - d. it was a nice experience discovering that one of my favourite dub tunes from back in my early 20's drug fueled techno obssession was a watmm man. 

This sketch was rejected for a soundtrack. I really liked it :(

https://soundcloud.com/mrroque/idea-noodle-3

Clearly, the people who rejected it are slack jawed yokels. It even sounds good on my laptop speakers.

Haha, cheers, man! I ended up making something else the client approved, so I’m gonna use that track I posted for a video game

[youtube/]

did you guys all hear squees maskine - d. it was a nice experience discovering that one of my favourite dub tunes from back in my early 20's drug fueled techno obssession was a watmm man.

Hahaha, holy shit that’s old!

My main listening room for music, there's an annoying vibration coming from what I originally thought was the pot lights but when I inspected further is coming from something inside the ceiling (probably something loose on the ballasts for the lights?). Excuse my foot lol but you can hear it happen a few times in the first 10 seconds or so of this.

Granted its only for when shits really loud + low bass but it's annoying me. I'll have to tear apart my ceiling or have mega OCD every time there's a bassy track.

I tried it on some of the bassier AE_LIVE parts though and it was aight ;)

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj

i thought they were bitching about an absent third party, but one of them just left in a huff so I assume that "drunk 50 year old it's not my responsibility to babysit" was actually that guy

lol These are the Days of our Lives, Kebab Edition

My main listening room for music, there's an annoying vibration coming from what I originally thought was the pot lights but when I inspected further is coming from something inside the ceiling (probably something loose on the ballasts for the lights?). Excuse my foot lol but you can hear it happen a few times in the first 10 seconds or so of this.

Granted its only for when shits really loud + low bass but it's annoying me. I'll have to tear apart my ceiling or have mega OCD every time there's a bassy track.

I tried it on some of the bassier AE_LIVE parts though and it was aight ;)

Video unavailable
This video contains content from [Merlin] Warp Records, who has blocked it on copyright grounds.

Use a watmmer's music instead.

FWP: I moused over my own name in an email thread and noticed there was public info that should be private. I use gmail, so I went in to edit my stuff and they had waaay too much info about me. I assume it's from a job application done over Google Docs ages ago or something. I went ahead and turned everything off ("paused"), but I still don't trust it won't un-pause itself in the future.

^ It's kind of scary how much personal info can be made so accessible, so easily isn't it? If you check the wrong box on gmail, social media, or even when making a purchase (they can forward your email and other info to other suppliers etc) your info is out there. 

In the day and age of massive hacks it's kind of worriesome. I just kind of accept that anything I put online will be accessible if anyone truly wants it. =/

Been traveling/homeless for 192 days. Now starting to feel some mornings that it would be nice to wake up from my own home for a change and normal life wouldn't be so bad. Like just make breakfast and go to work. But it took longer than expected, last time it started to happen maybe after 120 days of traveling.

The biggest problem is I get used to or addicted to this kind of constant change and it's very fucking hard to stay still when I decide to. Last time I could really only go to home to sleep for the first few weeks.. I had to be always out and about doing something and wore myself out very quickly.

Been traveling/homeless for 192 days. Now starting to feel some mornings that it would be nice to wake up from my own home for a change and normal life wouldn't be so bad. Like just make breakfast and go to work. But it took longer than expected, last time it started to happen maybe after 120 days of traveling.

The biggest problem is I get used to or addicted to this kind of constant change and it's very fucking hard to stay still when I decide to. Last time I could really only go to home to sleep for the first few weeks.. I had to be always out and about doing something and wore myself out very quickly.

this doesnt seem like a first world problem

I'm envious. Usually after 30 days I miss the creature comforts, whether that's my own bed, a regular fucking shower lol.... my fav pizza place, etc. I can't imagine 192 days. 

I've noticed for myself that around that 3-6th week mark there's a kind of mental barrier where I start to get fatigued because of all the small problems: transport breaks down or is late for 12 hours or there's no hot water or water at all, electricity disappears for half a day each day, etc. But once I push through and just decide to say "fuck it, whatever", "hakuna matata" or something similar I get into a kind of traveling flow state where I don't care about the small problems anymore. They are minor issues and my mind is not bothered with such things anymore.

Then the next mental barrier seems to come some weeks later, when my own identity starts to break down, particularly if I'm in a really alien environment. I question who or what I am, what am I doing with my life, did I choose the correct career, what is good life, etc. That gets solved finally and I start to live even more in a moment.

Then later comes this part where I start to question the idea of going to a long trip in the first place. Is this something a sane and rational person would do with his money and time? Why am I not at work doing something constructive or with my family or friends back home?

Anyway, timewise I'm going to push over my last record in about month, curious to see what's the next crisis. Running out of money? :emotawesomepm9:

this doesnt seem like a first world problem

Well, I'm in Hong Kong currently, I don't know which world this is?  :cool:

But more seriously, being able to travel like this is pretty much a first world privilege at least.. And I don't mean just the money but more importantly having a passport from a first world country that allows you to basically go anywhere without much hassle. 

Went to bed at 2:30am (earlier than normal), woke up at 7am (way earlier than normal) and needed to know the origin of the phrase "they don't think it be like it is, but it do."   I miss the days when I could wake up way too early and just fall back to sleep.

Dude, the same thing happened to me this morning. Went to bed at 1am and woke up at 5am.

Except I woke up thinking of the phrase "what the fuck are you doing with your life why can't you just make some goddamn money."

My sleep was all horked this morning too. Stayed up til about 2 AM, woke up about 7:30, then went back to bed around 9 and basically slept til almost noon. Then again, having straight coffee at night probably isn't the best of habits.

Except I woke up thinking of the phrase "what the fuck are you doing with your life why can't you just make some goddamn money."

This is the primary bane of my existential crisis that torments me on a daily basis. And dank memes are the placebo.

i bought a nintendo eshop card and when i scratched it the numbers came off it and was illegible... had to phone up Nintendo 1800 number and give them a bunch of info; i'll get the money put in my account in 3 business days  :dry: