IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

my landlord upstairs and his partner just came home from a month long vacation. i've been looking after their cat... i am now cat-less.

until a month or two till i get my kitty. 

There's a friendly cat on my street who I've been interacting with for a while, but when I last saw it and stroked it it had horrid clumps in its fur. I spoke to my friend who thinks it must be either neglected or a stray, so I've decided to leave food out for it. But I don't actually know if it's that cat who's eating the food or another animal, and i would really like to make sure it's getting fed. Not sure what else to do.

Overdid it when I got out of work this morning due to excitement/hype of putting out the new memgland cassette finally. Now I've had about 2.5hrs sleep, am hungover and 2hrs into another 11hr night shift :cat:

• Thanks 1

being unable to have a dog since I live in a flat and I’m out working most days. one and only ambition.

Overdid it when I got out of work this morning due to excitement/hype of putting out the new memgland cassette finally. Now I've had about 2.5hrs sleep, am hungover and 2hrs into another 11hr night shift :cat:

can relate

Staying at my in-laws at the moment, their internet is godawful. I think it’s a 1MB/s connect. Takes fucking years to download anything.

Staying at my in-laws at the moment, their internet is godawful. I think it’s a 1MB/s connect. Takes fucking years to download anything.

ah, I remember the days when that kind of speed was unfathomable...

ah, I remember the days when that kind of speed was unfathomable...

Yes we all remember connecting through dial-up at 28.8.

But this is 2019. I think I went through their cap or something cause it’s even more shit than usual.

I was advised to reformat my hard drive and reinstall windows to speed up my computer.

If I install windows from usb drive will it reformat as part of the process

Or

Do i reformat and then reinstall windows?

Thanks

At Yek, you will have the option to format the drive after booting from usb. You can delete any partitions also but one may be a recovery partition useful if your concerned about older hardware. Backup all data first.

At Yek, you will have the option to format the drive after booting from usb. You can delete any partitions also but one may be a recovery partition useful if your concerned about older hardware. Backup all data first.

Thanks man. Not really concerned about a recovery partition. Is it relatively safe to get rid of all partitions? I know right now my computer has two.

Edited by yek

Just found out about some producer challenge contest thing, Modselektor related, with only 2 days to go before the deadline.  And of course the first idea that popped into my head needs lyrics too.  Ridiculous.  Not sure how possible it is to conceive and produce it to its full potential within such strict time constraints, but I'm gonna try anyway.

I've been told that, after about 3 years of banging my head against the wall dealing with managing my "equivalent" in another city, that they're likely consolidating the company's EHS function under me, province wide. 

Problem is, this was dropped casually in a conversation so I'm getting the impression they want to do so with no consideration for upping my comp & other benefits. 

Meeting for clarification tomorrow but worried I'm about to get shafted. Again. 

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj

All very good points, and pretty much the way I'm looking at it too - thank you! I intend to take the challenge on regardless of the concerns. 

Even if in the short term I've drawn the short straw, it goes on the resume to increase my market value. Short term pain, long term gain. 

I'm just being greedy first world steve - I want constant pain constant gain lol.  :catrecline:

I'll report back in a few days ;0

Thanks bud.  Got the basic song structure - beats/chords/melody/arrangement done in an hour and a half, so things look promising.  Lyrics though... this part's always unpredictable.

I N S P I R A T I O N ?

https://music.avclub.com/every-one-is-sacred-17-songs-about-sperm-1798239104

oh sfwp:

um

pinched nerve or something for over a week now, slowly fading, maybe? constant pains and soreness and some numbness in one arm. might die. can still smack a ho if necessary so stay back motherfuckers

Edited by auxien