IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

2 hours ago, drillkicker said:

depression, isolation, dysphoria

i seem to be the only one in this area who isn't always busy, i can't find motivation to try at anything anymore, also i just found out one of my best friends has been on xanax for the past two years

i resent the fact that america exists.  it isn't worth the suffering that feeds it.

don't be greedy. you really only need the dysphoria.. it's all encompassing!

xanax - is a band aid. 2 yrs is too long though. that shit is a tough knot to untie after being on it a while regardless of dosage. takes a good 6-12 months to taper off safely. 

btw being busy isn't always a useful thing. can be a nice distraction though.  

Edited by ignatius

2 minutes ago, ignatius said:

btw being busy isn't always a useful thing. can be a nice distraction though.  

True, but it's good to have something to do.  I tend to lose my sanity when I have too much time alone, and I'm seeing it start to happen right now.  Scary stuff.

I don’t even have the urge to drink, which is weird because normally I’m all about it.  I’ve just been sitting around doing nothing, or driving aimlessly so I feel like I have something to do.

3 hours ago, Squee said:

Our cat (she's only 9 months old) ran away because of the fireworks. It's been 5 hours now and she's usually only out around 30 minutes at a time : (

New Year's fireworks are always a war zone simulator for pets. Pets and combat veterans.

Woke up around 1 ish in the afternoon and then have been sleeping all day. this kind of thing makes me feel guilty but, maybe my body needs it? I have the day off anyway

I'm still hung over and still exhausted from traveling for a week. At least doing a month of sobriety will be easy this month.

I also gained ~5-10lbs over the past couple months and feel like a lazy pile of trash. Time to recharge.

angry super saiyan GIF

23 minutes ago, Squee said:

Our current is 55", but... it should be bigger. I think we're going for a 65" OLED TV.

Same here, 55". I think 65" will be perfect for our space too. And I think OLED is hands down the best option (compared to QLED).

Did you miss out on cyber Monday/black Friday/boxing day (etc etc) sales though or are things still on sale where you are?

Good luck!

Edited by StephenG

Mine's 80" - LIMP!

I actually do have a gigantic TV, but haven't measured the screen... got it for free off my friends' parents.  It's got to be close to 70.  Kind of ridiculous size for my cabin, but I like it.

45 minutes ago, StephenG said:

Same here, 55". I think 65" will be perfect for our space too. And I think OLED is hands down the best option (compared to QLED).

Did you miss out on cyber Monday/black Friday/boxing day (etc etc) sales though or are things still on sale where you are?

Good luck!

55" is nice, but 65" would be the bomb.
Yeah, I missed out on Black Friday and all that shit. Didn't think I needed a bigger TV, until my brother-in-law got one. Found an LG TV that is getting good reviews which also has low latency input settings for gaming.

57 minutes ago, StephenG said:

Good luck!

Nah my doggie - Mini LED (and eventually Micro LED) will surpass OLED as a superior display format. TCL has a 65" and 75" Mini LED model (Series 8 ) that have up to 25000 zones of brightness and none of the drawbacks of OLED (burn in, relatively short lifespan, etc.). Prices are also cheaper than OLED: https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/tcl/8-series-2019-q825-qled

5 minutes ago, Squee said:

55" is nice, but 65" would be the bomb.
Yeah, I missed out on Black Friday and all that shit. Didn't think I needed a bigger TV, until my brother-in-law got one. Found an LG TV that is getting good reviews which also has low latency input settings for gaming.

I have a 6 Series TCL 55" that I use for gaming on PS4 Pro and you can't get a better bang for your buck with this TV: https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/tcl/6-series-r625-2019

As for what size is right for your room: https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/by-size/size-to-distance-relationship

Also, don't despair as 2020 will unveil the new sets and the 2019 models will go on sale around February/March to clear out old stock.

• Farnsworth 1

Interesting - I know nothing of MLED, thanks for sharing that. I still have an LCD but it's quite nice. I'll wait for prices on all these to come down a bit before I invest in something new.

17 minutes ago, Squee said:

Didn't think I needed a bigger TV, until my brother-in-law got one. 

lol isn't that how it always goes?