IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

3 hours ago, yekker said:

The worst traps are the sticky one. Supposedly mice try to chew off their feet to escape from them. :sad:

When I first used a sticky trap, I thought the whole point of it was to be less barbaric, like you can free the mouse after it gets caught. 

After prying it off with a plastic fork outside and unintentionally breaking all of its legs, I realized how much better the snappy bar traps are. 

I had a coworker that threw boiling water on mice.

• Sad 3

just use live traps and set them free somewhere far enough away from your house, like a park or something... mice aren't THAT scary.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, yekker said:

The worst traps are the sticky one. Supposedly mice try to chew off their feet to escape from them. :sad:

Yeah I've seen videos. No way in hell am I using glue traps.

44 minutes ago, ghOsty said:

just use live traps and set them free somewhere far enough away from your house, like a park or something... mice aren't THAT scary.

They've scared the shit out of me on several occasions. Not in a horror-like sense, but just startling me by being small and fast and appearing pretty much out of nowhere. Plus they're potential disease carriers, and they've turned one of my storage bins into a toilet.

Regardless, benign traps are what I'll have to use from now on if I hope of...redemption. I'd have to get used to going up and down three flights of stairs every time though.

• Like 1

just grip an axe & go full GOT, but get a witch to turn the blade to flame b4-hand

quick, efficient, controlled, masculine + FIYAH, then stuff & eat the mouse remains like a Roman centurion

shadows & dust etc

On 6/3/2019 at 4:21 PM, yekker said:

My friend bought me indian food for lunch for moving some couches and I feel ? Too much.

New Delhi Belly?

I got my wallet/credit card out to pay my parking ticket online, but the ticket itself is no longer on my person.  I tried to pay at City Hall a month ago but it happened to be on a holiday so they were closed.  Oh well, I tried.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

I don't know how new thing this is but I've ran into it just recently that people in HR and recruiting don't call job interviews any more job interviews.. It's getting fucking ridiculous.

So, occasionally recruiters contact me saying "would you like to come for a little chat in our office" or "how about a small discussion about possibilities in our company" and "it's not a job interview just a friendly discussion". Possibly followed with a bunch of emojis.

I'm a freelancer without clients or commissions with plenty of time so why not, get some free coffee and have a chat. But when I get there.. yeah, it's a fucking job interview. There's maybe someone from the HR and some manager sitting behind a table with their laptops open and my CV or LinkedIn page on the display. Notebooks in their hands.. "Do you mind if we take notes?" And then they start by giving some presentation about their company and after that bombarding with questions about what I've done before.

Then it ends it with either "sorry, I don't think you're suitable for any of our positions" or "I think we'll be moving onward with you, but there's two more rounds of interviews and you need to provide a sample of your work". And I'm left thinking  "wtf, I didn't know I applied for any position".

I don't really mind being called to job interviews but just fucking call it an interview if it's an interview and not an informal discussion. Thank you.

Makes me never wanna go back working for a place that has a hr department to start with. Ugh.

I feel like I've been put in low power mode. Quite cotton headed too.

6 minutes ago, cwmbrancity said:

kill your cat, think of the birds maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan

Tempting whilst I'm chasing him around the house trying to get him to drop them but he's just too cute and cuddly ?

The decline of the old London accent. Yeah it's around, but its days seem numbered.

Edited by cwmbrancity
the inner gimp came out to play and you think you can type and then you see just how fkd your imbecile mind is
  • Sad 1

So are my hard drive's, it seems.  4 TB internal drive tanking after just over 5 years. I have a complete backup but geez. No internal HDD I've held on to in the last 10 years has made it past the 5-6 year mark.

I'm now reading this is normal, but then why are drives I gave away to other people merrily cruising along at twice that age. :catrage:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, manmower said:

So are my hard drive's, it seems.  4 TB internal drive tanking after just over 5 years. I have a complete backup but geez. No internal HDD I've held on to in the last 10 years has made it past the 5-6 year mark.

I'm now reading this is normal, but then why are drives I gave away to other people merrily cruising along at twice that age. :catrage:

I've never (knock on wood, shit!) had an issue with hard drives - I have one right now that is on its 18th year (my brother is using it in a computer I gifted him). =/

i think i missed the poppy planting window. 

perhaps. 

the new oled for my DX11 is taking a while to get here. DX11 is still in pieces on a table. though i did fix the 4 broken keys w/o much fuss. the keys came from same part of the world as the screen is coming from (UK) but the keys got here in like 4 days or something. and was only $3.95 shipping. OLED taking its swet time. 

Kid in front of me on the plane threw up all over herself. Luckily it was only an hour flight but good lord it stank. 

Gotta feel for the parents but damn. 

23 minutes ago, Braintree said:

It's 95F in San Francisco. No one owns an air conditioner here.

It's been raining so heavily all day here in the UK!!! It's bloody JUNE ?

fucking t-shirts never fit me properly, if i get a large it's good on the neck but then it's too long in general and in the sleeves, if i get a medium then it's too tight in the neck or in the chest... rarely i find a t-shirt that fits me properly, whats wrong with my body...

I’m clearly old. I don’t understand young kids. I’m out watching the nba playoffs at a bar. Table next to me, smoking hot girl and some dude.  Out drinking soft drinks and waters and the guy is spending most of his time watching YouTube videos on how to slice vegetables. 

tl;dr I’m old 

• Haha 1

And a stalker! ?

Coming from someone who is curious about what the f people are staring at on their phones as well, btw.

The younger generations are worse, it seems. Because they are staring at their screens even when they are with their friends. Older generations generally use their screens to keep themselves busy. When they got nothing else to do.

Younger generations have mastered the art of staring at different screens in a social context. Watching something together is old fashioned. They can be together while they'll remain invested in their own private screen. They wouldn't even understand people getting annoyed about them being invested in their screens, I'm guessing.