IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

I've been using the same plasma screen since 2012. Still has better colors and dark darks than other LED's I've seen.

*slaps the top of the tv*

This baby'll get you 2,000,000:1 contrast ratio and does about a buck fifty on the highway.

• Burger 1

24 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

Nah my doggie - Mini LED (and eventually Micro LED) will surpass OLED as a superior display format. TCL has a 65" and 75" Mini LED model (Series 8 ) that have up to 25000 zones of brightness and none of the drawbacks of OLED (burn in, relatively short lifespan, etc.). Prices are also cheaper than OLED: https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/tcl/8-series-2019-q825-qled

I have a 6 Series TCL 55" that I use for gaming on PS4 Pro and you can't get a better bang for your buck with this TV: https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/tcl/6-series-r625-2019

As for what size is right for your room: https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/by-size/size-to-distance-relationship

Also, don't despair as 2020 will unveil the new sets and the 2019 models will go on sale around February/March to clear out old stock.

I don't see any TCL MLED TVs in any of the stores near me. But OLED will be good enough for me. It'll be a nice step up from regular LED.

15 hours ago, Squee said:

I don't see any TCL MLED TVs in any of the stores near me. But OLED will be good enough for me. It'll be a nice step up from regular LED.

Yeah, they are only at my local Best Buy at the moment, but by March they will be more widespread (and possibly at lower prices). OLED is good, but does come with some drawbacks (especially for gaming): https://www.rtings.com/tv/learn/real-life-oled-burn-in-test

Everytime I hear or read the word OLED my stupid goddamn brain starts playing Life by Des'ree (didn't even need to check where that apostrophe goes I just know) and singing "Led, O led, O led, etc". Doesn't even come up with a leddy verse but just keeps repeating those words, sometimes getting more operatic each time until I'm just screaming the word led and letter o out loud until I realize what I'm doing and start thinking about what a fucked up world we live in where someone like me is able to even afford something with an oled screen in it while people just a few countries over are losing everything and everyone they've ever known and loved in some horrific civil war. 

Looking forward to mled becoming the dominant technology is what I guess I'm trying to say.

Edited by user

15 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

Our dog thinks the vacuum cleaner is the apocalypse.

Our cats didn't give a shit about fireworks but even the sound of opening the closet where the vacuum was kept sent them hiding in panic.

Also my friend had a dog who was afraid of everything: balloons, chairs, fire alarm, smell of wood smoke from the fireplace, clothes left lying around, etc, but NOT fireworks. It was the weirdest thing.

Edited by zkom

14 minutes ago, Stickfigger said:

I dislike my job and am very unmotivated . I ultimately need to go and find a new role but am stuck in a bit of a rut and am not interview ready 

What do you do and what do you want to do instead?

I weighed myself this morning and discovered that I'd gained 10 lbs (about 4 kg) in the past month. Nine months of steady exercise, undone. Just like that.

I'll admit though, I went on a considerable holiday beer binge, so I suspect that's part of the reason. No more alcohol after this week though. That's my NY resolution.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Stickfigger said:

Don't set black and white resolutions which exist in terms of absolutes.  Set clear and actionable goals that operate with reasonable margins of error and that allow for short term hiccups.

Now pay me $40 for this advice.

“Baby steps”.

$67 pls

Edited by StephenG

My custom iPods... apparently the firmware only supports up to 256gb ? I have about 65k tracks on each of them, thousands of tracks just disappear and show up as “unknown artist” or “unknown track”. Surely there is firmware that can make these crappods handle more choons? ?‍♂️ Help

it’s actually super annoying as fuck... for example I could be searching for yellow magic orchestra... won’t show up in artists even under YMO. But if I check in songs Cosmic Surfin’ is there. But if I check in albums the relevant album isn’t there. This happens across hundreds of artists so makes me want to throw these iPods at the wall. ?

Edited by StephenG

3 hours ago, StephenG said:

My custom iPods... apparently the firmware only supports up to 256gb ? I have about 65k tracks on each of them, thousands of tracks just disappear and show up as “unknown artist” or “unknown track”. Surely there is firmware that can make these crappods handle more choons? ?‍♂️ Help

it’s actually super annoying as fuck... for example I could be searching for yellow magic orchestra... won’t show up in artists even under YMO. But if I check in songs Cosmic Surfin’ is there. But if I check in albums the relevant album isn’t there. This happens across hundreds of artists so makes me want to throw these iPods at the wall. ?

What if you jailbreak it?

I'm producing 30 podcasts (music, sound design, and mix) and it's tough as shit making fairly dry subjects insanely entertaining.

1 hour ago, Squee said:

What if you jailbreak it?

I'm producing 30 podcasts (music, sound design, and mix) and it's tough as shit making fairly dry subjects insanely entertaining.

Jailbreak it...? I’ve heard of people installing rockbox (sp?) on them. Not sure if that’s an option.

I need to just sit down and make a solid effort to figure it out instead of spending my time complaining lol. I’m sure there’s a solution. It’s seriously so annoying.

10 hours ago, Stickfigger said:

Don't set black and white resolutions which exist in terms of absolutes.  Set clear and actionable goals that operate with reasonable margins of error and that allow for short term hiccups.

Now pay me $40 for this advice.

Only for a lap dance

• Like 1