IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

1 minute ago, Extralife said:

I was just trying to sound like those clueless boomers in the depop commercial I saw on Hulu.

ohh my bad haha. depop don't run ads in the UK cause it managed to spread solely through word of mouth so everyone knows through a friend

On 2/1/2021 at 9:28 PM, Zephyr_Nova said:

Bartender at a local burger place has been outed as a serial rapist, 35 stories so far, many extremely brutal (strangulation, belt whipping).  Had an apartment above the bar, so he'd ply whomever with shot after free shot and bring them up there when they were sufficiently incapacitated.  The owners and other staffers absolutely had a good idea of what was going on.  And here I thought their bacon patty burger was disappointing.

now you know where that sore came from...

On 2/2/2021 at 12:50 PM, milkface said:

bought a nice carhartt coat from depop and its too small (fits perfectly when its on me but putting it on and taking it off is a hassle because its one of those quarter zip pullover ones and being too small it requires some body contortion to squeeze my way in) - probably gonna sell it on depop now but as a young whippersnapper i have no idea how to package and send an item of clothing.

anyways i bought a much nicer y-3 coat that makes me look like a ninja

what about instead of criticizing the jacket, you don't take a good look at yourself and start jogging or something? get a dog ffs...

20 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

accidentally swiped left on a chick which her anthem was windowlicker... shit... 1 in a million...

one time i completely abandoned a girl i was talking up at a party because the dj dropped ptolemy

Spoiler

i mean realistically i feel like i made the right call here

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cryptowen said:

one time i completely abandoned a girl i was talking up at a party because the dj dropped ptolemy

Reveal hidden contents

u did the right thing, don't even trip dawg...

52 minutes ago, Cryptowen said:

Reveal hidden contents

i mean if a rando DJ drops Ptolemy it's something special. that's a fairly deep cut to hear at a party (i guess depending on the type of party youre at)

i'm 49. i have several friends turning 50 this month. people i've known most of my life and still keep in touch with. yesterday i got texts related to 3 of them. their sig others are sending out these invites to make a video birthday wish and upload it to some website so they can be played at whatever intimate covid safe gathering taking place. 

so now i have to make 3 videos wishing well old friends who i have memories going back to when i was 5yrs old in one case. it's not like a wedding toast type of pressure but jesus.. 2 of them are super short notice.. like 2 days. 

not a big deal really but i always overthink these types of things. 

9 minutes ago, ignatius said:

i'm 49. i have several friends turning 50 this month. people i've known most of my life and still keep in touch with. yesterday i got texts related to 3 of them. their sig others are sending out these invites to make a video birthday wish and upload it to some website so they can be played at whatever intimate covid safe gathering taking place. 

so now i have to make 3 videos wishing well old friends who i have memories going back to when i was 5yrs old in one case. it's not like a wedding toast type of pressure but jesus.. 2 of them are super short notice.. like 2 days. 

http://sebpearce.com/bullshit/

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

5 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Sibilance refers to a wide variety of hissy consonant sounds, and I was being more specific (3 esses in this case).

Still, "syllable" is the wrong word, a syllable is a unit of organization for a sequence of speech sounds. Maybe you mean "sibilant"? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sibilanthttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syllable

• Like 2
  • Burger 1

1 hour ago, ignatius said:

50 years Fabulous, 50 years Fun, 50 years Fierce! Happy 50th birthday, to a FANTASTIC friend. May your dreams all come true today.

You’re finally over the hill, and may the great years still be yet to come! Happy 50th birthday, to an amazing person.

You’re 50, and that means it’s time to CELEBRATE! May your dances be never-ending and may your glass always be full.

Happy 50th birthday, to the biggest optimist we know! Your sunny outlook and kind spirit make every day with you a blessing.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, dingformung said:

50 years Fabulous, 50 years Fun, 50 years Fierce! Happy 50th birthday, to a FANTASTIC friend. May your dreams all come true today.

You’re finally over the hill, and may the great years still be yet to come! Happy 50th birthday, to an amazing person.

You’re 50, and that means it’s time to CELEBRATE! May your dances be never-ending and may your glass always be full.

Happy 50th birthday, to the biggest optimist we know! Your sunny outlook and kind spirit make every day with you a blessing.

1 down. 2 to go. only took 5 takes to get the first one done w/o too much cringe. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ignatius said:

1 down. 2 to go. only took 5 takes to get the first one done w/o too much cringe. 

Just hire one of those Indian guys who record themselves reading custom text

• Farnsworth 1

1 minute ago, drillkicker said:

Just hire one of those Indian guys who record themselves reading custom text

oh i should've. my friend is Indian. he'd have gotten a laugh out of it for sure. 

• Like 1

My phone is borked. Says that the usb port has moisture in it since yesterday. When I go to charge it says to remove usb cable but I heard that it's ok to charge when phone is powered off so that's what I've been doing. This also means I'm using it less so that's kinda positive. I'm gonna wait a week and if it's still acting up I might upgrade to one of those new shiny phones.

19 hours ago, Tim_J said:

now you know where that sore came from...

what about instead of criticizing the jacket, you don't take a good look at yourself and start jogging or something? get a dog ffs...

im skinnier than a prisoner of war right now it's the jacket ?

• Like 1

Forget what I said earlier about not being an alcoholic.  I wanted to have a couple shots of vodka last night and realized that I couldn't stop drinking until I emptied the bottle (it was 2/3 full when I started).  This was completely unintentional and I had no plans to get as drunk as I did.  This is an almost daily routine for me and it's starting to cause problems.  I'm going to try tapering off starting today.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2