IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

picked up like 10 bad habits in the last few months

also what the actual hell my therapist said i would be contacted mid-late january and its now the 6th february

Edited by milkface

7 hours ago, dcom said:

That's a problem when you pay with PayPal, if you put a card on file with Bandcamp, they can do the payment processing themselves for all the purchases. But yeah, I don't understand why they've done it like that; there's bound to be a reason, but they're not telling - I've asked.

Some purchases can't be made from your card, fyi. You need to do two rounds of purchases with paypal sometimes (I had to yesterday).

8 minutes ago, Braintree said:

Some purchases can't be made from your card, fyi. You need to do two rounds of purchases with paypal sometimes (I had to yesterday).

With nearly 3000 items bought from Bandcamp, I've had my share of those, too.

Edited by dcom
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, toaoaoad said:

I figure that was implied yeah. I don't think it would be a whole lot of fun tripping with someone who isn't. The most important thing is just not to do it alone if you're inexperienced with it

and then once you're experienced with it to do it alone and listen to lot's of frank zappa and watch your favorite x-files episodes all night then at the end play squarepusher's My Sound from Music is Rotted One Note like 10 times in a row while laying on the floor in your shitty studio apartment in 1998 then when your GF gets home from her night shift at 9am she wonders why the place smells like acid farts. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

listening to windowlicker & my brain suddenly starts hearing the ending as aphex twin playing a keytar solo

i dont know what happened, why is brain doing this

will things go back to the way there were

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, toaoaoad said:

Lol  My Sound is like the least acid squarepusher tune I can think of 

quite a beauty for the end of the night/early morning post X-Files sunrise moments. also a  nice change of pace after Zappa's "you are what you is" and "apostrophe/overnight sensation" 

Edited by ignatius
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Farnsworth 1

34 minutes ago, ignatius said:

and then once you're experienced with it to do it alone and listen to lot's of frank zappa and watch your favorite x-files episodes all night then at the end play squarepusher's My Sound from Music is Rotted One Note like 10 times in a row while laying on the floor in your shitty studio apartment in 1998 then when your GF gets home from her night shift at 9am she wonders why the place smells like acid farts. 

some new years eve ago i made the mistake to watch the baby snakes dvd in the beginning of my trip... worst idea ever...

31 minutes ago, ignatius said:

some new years eve ago i made the mistake to watch the baby snakes dvd in the beginning of my trip... worst idea ever...

• Farnsworth 1

Solo trips sound excruciatingly boring. Half the fun is trying to have a conversation with someone but both of you are so gacked out that you can hardly string a sentence together.

• Haha 1
  • Farnsworth 1

8 minutes ago, Braintree said:

Solo trips sound excruciatingly boring. Half the fun is trying to have a conversation with someone but both of you are so gacked out that you can hardly string a sentence together.

only went solo 2 or 3 times. but enjoyed it as an exploration. 

• Like 1

Alcohol withdrawal day 4:

I finally got some sleep, but I feel like a slug today.  I ate a full size breakfast for the first time since my last drink, and it's put me in bed for the past three hours.  I haven't been able to listen to music, read, or browse the internet at all (except to write this post).  I've been spending all of my time with friends who are helping me deal with the recovery, and today I'm in bed by myself thinking about the shit I had been numbing with alcohol.  The initial panic is over so I can finally think about it rationally.  CBD oil also helps.  I have a lot to make up for, though, and I hope it isn't too late.  My second AA meeting was last night and it was a nice time.  Booze sux.

This has been possibly the longest week of my life.

• Like 13

@drillkicker that's great news. before you know it you'll have a lot of sober time under your belt. stick to the meetings and you'll find your way. day by day your world will improve. not saying it's easy. i'm sure it's challenging for many reasons but you've already done so much that is really difficult.  stay hydrated ? 

• Like 1

It's kind of weird, but immediately after drinking I had a period of extreme emotional sensitivity and was crying like a baby multiple times a day.  Now I feel a weird tranquility.  I'm still dreading the things I need to do for myself but at least I'm not bitching about things I can't control.

Just now, drillkicker said:

Also my gut has been complaining a lot about coffee.  Maybe I can work on my caffeine addiction next.

acid stomach? drink a ton of water. maybe pick up some Pepcid AC or some tums to chew on now and then. if you need less caffeine switch to black tea for a while. it's a good way to step down from coffee w/o getting the caffeine headaches. 

as for dreading things... try and stay in the present. projecting out too far can be overwhelming. those AA cliches are handy for leaning on. one day at a time etc. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ignatius said:

as for dreading things... try and stay in the present. projecting out too far can be overwhelming. those AA cliches are handy for leaning on. one day at a time etc. 

That's really hard to do because right after quitting the drink I got a deadline placed before me for something that I've been neglecting for over four years.  I told extralife about it, and it's weighing on my mind like a motherfucker.

1 hour ago, drillkicker said:

That's really hard to do because right after quitting the drink I got a deadline placed before me for something that I've been neglecting for over four years.  I told extralife about it, and it's weighing on my mind like a motherfucker.

that's heavy. any time i've procrastinated on big things it became a big weight. as difficult as it was/is i found great relief in just getting things done. w/o knowing any details of what you're dealing with... i've at times had to just become emotionless about some things and just go through the motions until i'm far enough through it to be in the experience. sounds weird i know but "just don't think about it" is sometimes the only thing to do when suffering as a means of protection until it can be unpacked or whatever. usually that works with anxiety for me if i'm dreading something i have to do. i go through this every time i have a CT scan scheduled to check for the cancer. i'm fine until the week or so before then i just have to pretend i'm someone who isn't worried about it. 

• Like 4

I can't sleep tonight.  I keep going through the same thought loops over and over and it won't stop.  I'm stressed out for no reason and there's no off switch.  Old memories keep coming back to me until they don't make any sense.  It's like when you repeat a word until it loses meaning, but for my whole life.

12 hours ago, yekker said:

Looks like The Chiefs are throwing the Superbowl. Could they play any worse...

definitely the worst one of those I've watched in quite some time. so bad