IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

1 hour ago, ambermonke said:

I tried out my new jump rope at home last night for about 10 minutes, only to find that I tire very quickly. Have to take frequent rests, but more importantly I had to refrain from overdoing it so my shins don't cramp up. I've had shin splints too many times over the last three years and I hate them.

I should wear shoes next time too because when the jump rope hits your unprotected toes, that shit stings.

it's probably the most efficient cardio thing that people do. i think more than running or walking etc.. jumping rope burns the calories and whips your body into shape. i'd recommend warming up with stretching/walking some in the interest of protecting your achilles tendons. men of a certain age rupture the achilles tendon frequently because they don't warm up then they step on a basketball court and snap pop there it goes. 

i think i'd try and jump rope if i had the right space for it. it's really good for all the things

• Like 1

That's what I get for going anywhere other than piratebay for my torrents (it was down earlier).  Grabbed a different one off pirate bay and it's already at 33%.  Is it just me, or do no other torrent sites ever host anything that works?

1 hour ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

That's what I get for going anywhere other than piratebay for my torrents (it was down earlier).  Grabbed a different one off pirate bay and it's already at 33%.  Is it just me, or do no other torrent sites ever host anything that works?

It's just you... 

14 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

It's just you... 

As for you son, the harder you try to go forward, the harder you will fail. Everything stays still. As if you’re half a man on this earth. You have no will, strength, no love, no success. You’re half dead, half alive. Your one leg is in the grave, the other above the grave. That’s you. You are not dead, you won’t die, but that’s how it is. As if you were a hundred years old, not a young man. You are ruined. Son, take care! Anything can happen to you.

20 minutes ago, dingformung said:

As for you son, the harder you try to go forward, the harder you will fail. Everything stays still. As if you’re half a man on this earth. You have no will, strength, no love, no success. You’re half dead, half alive. Your one leg is in the grave, the other above the grave. That’s you. You are not dead, you won’t die, but that’s how it is. As if you were a hundred years old, not a young man. You are ruined. Son, take care! Anything can happen to you.

Dude, you should *really* ease up on the paint thinner.

7 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

rarbg is better than PB i find.

I think that's the one where I got the mysterious torrent that downloaded more than its own file size while also being 0% complete.  For whatever reason, I can't successfully download torrents from any site that isn't piratebay.  It's been that way on any computer I've ever owned.  

50 minutes ago, ignatius said:

waiting on  home security service tech who will be here between 12-5 today. 

I find that the service call process for most companies I've dealt with in the past few years has greatly improved compared to the old days. getting a text alert when they're en route, or even a phone call from the tech before arrival seems to be the norm now with a lot of companies. hell, I had an internet service call last year and was able to track the tech's vehicle location before he arrived. yes I know there are still going to be fails, but I do think industries that provide service calls as a whole have done a better job in this.

back in my telecom call center days, the absolute worst call you would ever get was from someone screaming that they've been waiting around all day for someone and he didn't show. then you look in the system and find there were back end issues that prevented it from getting dispatched. then you make up a lie to the customer and just sit there and take it. absolutely brutal.

• Like 1

National postal service website doesn’t accept postal codes in Ireland (ie D7) as valid when trying to enter info for a shipment. Want to call customer service but to get the number you first have to jump through a bunch of hoops with the digital assistent. The assistent asks a whole bunch of impertinent questions with the promise that when you call them they’ll refer to the info you gave the digital assistent. This of course isn’t the case and you end up having to explain the issue 3 times only to hear “hmm, that’s strange... can’t enter it here either. You better go to a post office and take care of it there. Make sure you check everything is entered correctly!”

I am already a bit stressed about this shipment (expensive record) and this really doesn’t help. Aaaaaaaargh 

23 minutes ago, user said:

National postal service website doesn’t accept postal codes in Ireland (ie D7) as valid when trying to enter info for a shipment. Want to call customer service but to get the number you first have to jump through a bunch of hoops with the digital assistent. The assistent asks a whole bunch of impertinent questions with the promise that when you call them they’ll refer to the info you gave the digital assistent. This of course isn’t the case and you end up having to explain the issue 3 times only to hear “hmm, that’s strange... can’t enter it here either. You better go to a post office and take care of it there. Make sure you check everything is entered correctly!”

I am already a bit stressed about this shipment (expensive record) and this really doesn’t help. Aaaaaaaargh 

Have you tried putting the address in here to get the post code?

https://finder.eircode.ie/#/

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Enthusiast said:

Have you tried putting the address in here to get the post code?

https://finder.eircode.ie/#/

Brilliant! I googled a bit to find the postal code but only got Dsomething as a result. This worked!

Can't believe none of the people I spoke to was able to tell me this, not even the recipient.

Anyone else read the new news about Marilyn Manson and his ex-gf? The guy abused her every way possible, what fucking filth.

edit: didn't know which thread to put this

Edited by yekker

23 minutes ago, yekker said:

Anyone else read the new news about Marilyn Manson and his ex-gf? The guy abused her every way possible, what fucking filth.

edit: didn't know which thread to put this

exes... and apparently lot's of others. was into rape fantasy type shit but often didn't clue the woman in on it. not surprising really i mean.. it's always who you most suspect in this case. but yeah.. what an asshole. 

• Like 1

His music was only ever as good as whoever was producing it.  Love the sound of the albums up to and including Mechanical Animals.  Everything after that was retreading old ideas and making them sound like KMFDM.  And yeah, this is prob the least surprising of all the outed predators of the last 5 years.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova