IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

Setting up another goddamn covid test. Another mild sore throat, with no other symptoms.  Wish there was a way to skip the lengthy hotline preamble about every protocol.

Testing up another covid set goddamn. No other sore throats and another mild symptoms. Skipping the way about every protocol I wish to lengthy hotline.

Edited by cichlisuite
  • Like 2

LOL

Setting up another goddamn covid test. Another mild sore throat, with no other symptoms.  Wish there was a way to skip the lengthy hotline preamble about every protocol.

No idea what happened there.  My internet was fucked all afternoon... so... I guess this is what it does behind my back.  Neato.  Also, didn't realize that line was repeated in this reply for some reason.

PS - I described my throat thing to the nurse giving the test, and she seemed very confident that I'm waking up dehydrated and it's making my throat sore.  If it disappears so soon after waking it's unlikely to be a cold or infection.  Solution: drink water before bed.  Boom.

Or maybe I've been having a stroke all day, I don't know.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

my chapstick is on a table 8ft away from me. i reach my hand out from the couch to do some jedi shit and make it fly into my hand.. but it doesn't move and i have to get up to retrieve it to sooth my dry lips. i must have zero metaclhloreans. i certainly will not bring balance to the force. 

• Like 1

How do I know it's Friday? My phone keeps going pong pong pong pong from the constant Bandcamp app notifications.

Some guy was walking his dog and it took a pretty nasty dook right in front of my building and he started walking away (right next to another pile that someone left), so I opened the window and said "Hey yo clean up your dog shit!" and then the guy starts cussing me out for several minutes. Californians are nuts. Somehow I'm the asshole when I'm trying to hold him accountable for the mess he made.

• Like 1
  • Burger 1
  • Farnsworth 1

On 3/4/2021 at 7:35 PM, Zephyr_Nova said:

drink water before bed

My doctor was like, don’t drink water after 9 if you have to wake up to pee. He then stuck his finger up my ass to check my prostrate and told me to relax when I was clenching. Fuck you doc. Fuck you. 

Also, my actual FWP is I can’t decide between a smoked porter or a coffee milk stout. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Burger 1

6 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

My doctor was like, don’t drink water after 9 if you have to wake up to pee. He then stuck his finger up my ass to check my prostrate and told me to relax when I was clenching. Fuck you doc. Fuck you. 

Also, my actual FWP is I can’t decide between a smoked porter or a coffee milk stout. 

c'est la vie.

23 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

I went with a cold brew coffee stout.

• Farnsworth 1

also i just noticed my typo. fuck it.

I went with the porter. not quite as heavy as the stout i think would have been.

I still have one day left at work at my stupid-ass job that I've spent nearly my entire adulthood working at. Will be starting a cooler, higher-paying job next week.

• Like 2
  • Burger 1
  • Farnsworth 1

8 hours ago, ambermonke said:

I still have one day left at work at my stupid-ass job that I've spent nearly my entire adulthood working at. Will be starting a cooler, higher-paying job next week.

This is a first world success in disguise

• Like 2

Me newly remodeled kitchen has a brand new super wobbly refrigerator. Tried leveling it several different ways, had LG repair guy out and he said “i don’t know, man!” But if you knock on the glass, the inside lights up and you can see how messy your fridge is from the outside.

24 minutes ago, drillkicker said:

I spend pretty much all my free time sitting on the sofa and imagining a more exciting life.

If the travel restrictions and various lockdown measures continue still for months I'm scared I'm going to do something desperate. I was just reading a Finnish travel blog from a guy who just traveled to Somaliland because they don't have an entry quarantine. And that started to sound like a reasonable option.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, zkom said:

If the travel restrictions and various lockdown measures continue still for months I'm scared I'm going to do something desperate. I was just reading a Finnish travel blog from a guy who just traveled to Somaliland because they don't have an entry quarantine. And that started to sound like a reasonable option.

For me the bigger problem is that I'm a prisoner.  I'm not allowed to leave the property that I live on for more than a few hours.  Otherwise I'd probably visit my friends in Baltimore on the weekends.

• Sad 2

on our virtual morning meeting this morning I had to endure several minutes of blabbering about that stupid Harry and Megan interview from last night. I wanted to be like "no dudes I didn't watch it, because I was too busy listening to Drum N Bass for Papa for the 900th time. you know once that shit starts, you're like locked in for the next 80 minutes gritting your teeth, air drumming, and head banging all at the same time." 

• Like 5

Accidentally posted my FWP in the youtube thread.  It went as follows:

Video editing takes up insane amount of hard drive space.  Like... every hour I have to clear another gig+ of data just to keep going for the next hour.  What the fuck!  How can this be?  How do movies get made???  This just for a 4 minute music video.  I'm used to editing accounting for like... not even megabytes worth of data.  Guess I've been spoiled as an audio guy all these years.

It's an ongoing problem.  I'm very distraught about this.  Just had to toss my entire Merzbow folder onto an external, and I bet it's only going to grant me another half hour of video editing time.  Fucking stupid.  This is completely unsustainable.

• Like 1