IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

41 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Accidentally posted my FWP in the youtube thread.  It went as follows:

It's an ongoing problem.  I'm very distraught about this.  Just had to toss my entire Merzbow folder onto an external, and I bet it's only going to grant me another half hour of video editing time.  Fucking stupid.  This is completely unsustainable.

Reminds me of the "Who Killed Captain Alex?" process, lol https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Who_Killed_Captain_Alex%3F

The Ugandan guys making these low budget action movies have to always delete the masters after a film is finished to be able to make the next one so all they have saved are the distributed DVD copies.

Well, if it's any consolation back in the 90s I edited a ~5 minute short film on VHS with expensive semi-professional mostly analog (Amiga 4000 for titles etc) studio equipment and it took fucking ages and the quality was atrocious. It's amazing what can be done now on a decent home computer or even on a cellphone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, zkom said:

Reminds me of the "Who Killed Captain Alex?" process, lol https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Who_Killed_Captain_Alex%3F

The Ugandan guys making these low budget action movies have to always delete the masters after a film is finished to be able to make the next one so all they have saved are the distributed DVD copies.

Well, if it's any consolation back in the 90s I edited a ~5 minute short film on VHS with expensive semi-professional mostly analog (Amiga 4000 for titles etc) studio equipment and it took fucking ages and the quality was atrocious. It's amazing what can be done now on a decent home computer or even on a cellphone.

WKCA is a Wakaliwood classic. I need to get drunk next time I watch it.

I may have found work from home, I start today, but I'm not positive it is not a scam of some sort.  If it's not a scam, it's still part time, but it would be an excellent job.  Seems too good to be true, but still looking for more work.  

Don't have a degree, don't know excel, can't really do sales.  Wishing for more work from home options, like stuffing envelopes or something.  

Apparently my wpm is only 70.  Can't seem to find transcription work that isn't for pennies.  Etc.  

22 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Accidentally posted my FWP in the youtube thread.  It went as follows:

It's an ongoing problem.  I'm very distraught about this.  Just had to toss my entire Merzbow folder onto an external, and I bet it's only going to grant me another half hour of video editing time.  Fucking stupid.  This is completely unsustainable.

4.4 gigs of Autechre just befell the same fate.  Video editing, you are not my friend.

• Like 1

Woke up before 5am, got maybe 4 hours sleep.  Tried to nap earlier, but I'm pretty sure I just lay awake for four hours.  I really don't know how insomniacs do it, because if I have one night like that it leaves me a total wreck the next day.  Puts me in this weird emotionally fragile state where all I can do is reflect seriously on humanity/relationships/mortality, etc.  Usually I'm really focused on whatever project I'm working on, but on nights of not-enough-sleep I can't focus at all.  I feel like a different person.  Maybe I'll clean my room - ha!

Edited by Zephyr_Nova
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Woke up before 5am, got maybe 4 hours sleep.  Tried to nap earlier, but I'm pretty sure I just lay awake for four hours.  I really don't know how insomniacs do it, because if I have one night like that it leaves me a total wreck the next day.  Puts me in this weird emotionally fragile state where all I can do is reflect seriously on humanity/relationships/mortality, etc.  Usually I'm really focused on whatever project I'm working on, but on nights of not-enough-sleep I can't focus at all.  I feel like a different person.  Maybe I'll clean my room - ha!

I'm an insomniac.  I am so used to very little to no sleep that I actually feel worse when I've slept well.  4 hours of sleep is the perfect amount for me to be really productive, any more and I'm sluggish and drowsy all day.

2 hours ago, drillkicker said:

I'm an insomniac.  I am so used to very little to no sleep that I actually feel worse when I've slept well.  4 hours of sleep is the perfect amount for me to be really productive, any more and I'm sluggish and drowsy all day.

See, I want to be like that. Productivity ftw.

Sleeping 10 hours at night and then another 2 hours in naps is the best. I really like sleeping. One of my favorite activities. :catbed:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Farnsworth 1

Every fucking weekend. "Oh I woke up early. So much time to do things today."

4 hours later still sitting at my computer in underwear and browsing funny pictures and news.

• Like 2
  • Farnsworth 1

there's a skunk living under my shed in the back yard. i've not seen him. they're nocturnal. he's sprayed something back there numerous times and when he does i can smell it strongly in the house. this skunk is king of musk. i see the hole he's dug to go under the shed.  the other night whatever he sprayed he really unloaded and i had to go outside in front my house for a minute because wtf. even w/all windows closed and sitting the basement it was almost overwhelming. 

so, i looked on line how to get rid of them. and seems like if you just annoy them repeatedly by blocking the hole they use to access wherever they are that they eventually leave.  so now i'm playing this game w/the skunk where during the day i throw a brick and pile up some much and dirt at the hole. then the next day he's cleared it out and i block it again. they're strong little animals. previously there was a border under the shed w/a cross hatched wooden thing that was probably rotting a little but still in place. one day i went out there and it looked like tiny hulk had ripped it apart and discarded the bits all over the yard. 

so, now i'm dropping 2 bricks there every day. i don't want to put a big block or anything there because i don't want to trap the bugger in there and have him die or something. i don't want to harm the stinky fucker.. just get him to move. hopefully skunks aren't like the homeless tweekers of the animal kingdom and they'll take the hint and find a new den.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, ignatius said:

there's a skunk living under my shed in the back yard. i've not seen him. they're nocturnal. he's sprayed something back there numerous times and when he does i can smell it strongly in the house. this skunk is king of musk. i see the hole he's dug to go under the shed.  the other night whatever he sprayed he really unloaded and i had to go outside in front my house for a minute because wtf. even w/all windows closed and sitting the basement it was almost overwhelming. 

so, i looked on line how to get rid of them. and seems like if you just annoy them repeatedly by blocking the hole they use to access wherever they are that they eventually leave.  so now i'm playing this game w/the skunk where during the day i throw a brick and pile up some much and dirt at the hole. then the next day he's cleared it out and i block it again. they're strong little animals. previously there was a border under the shed w/a cross hatched wooden thing that was probably rotting a little but still in place. one day i went out there and it looked like tiny hulk had ripped it apart and discarded the bits all over the yard. 

so, now i'm dropping 2 bricks there every day. i don't want to put a big block or anything there because i don't want to trap the bugger in there and have him die or something. i don't want to harm the stinky fucker.. just get him to move. hopefully skunks aren't like the homeless tweekers of the animal kingdom and they'll take the hint and find a new den.

Growing up we had a family of raccoons that lived under our house at one point. My mom ended up going outside in the middle of the night and blocked the hole while they were out.

There's this huge ivy bush/trees behind my mom's house that's been there since before i was born.  It was home to raccoons for generations.  Recently her and the neighbours agreed to have it trimmed back substantially, along with many branches from the trees removed.  Now it's super skeletal and the raccoons have been forced to find a new home after being there for generations.  I find the whole thing quite upsetting.  The trees and the ivy were awesome!  WTF.  Fuck your extra sunlight.  There's sun fucking everywhere.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, yekker said:

Growing up we had a family of raccoons that lived under our house at one point. My mom ended up going outside in the middle of the night and blocked the hole while they were out.

The pizza shop that I worked at in high school had a family that lived under the building. They would come up and brush up against you like a cat when we were scrubbing pans outside.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, yekker said:

i thought about doing that but i'd rather not cross paths w/it. apparently they can spray up to 16ft. i'm content to play this game for a while and see how it goes. he may split once spring really kicks in anyways... to go find stinky love

there's raccoons.. i mean.. trash pandas in the back yard also but they mostly live up in the big cedar tree. they are pretty chill and mostly stay away but will creep around at night.

Edited by ignatius
  • Burger 1

33 minutes ago, ignatius said:

Skunks are among the stupidest pests in the world.  They will stick to the same schedule every day regardless of how many times they get interrupted.  When I've had skunks I've just gone out at twilight every day with a .22 rifle until I happen to see it, then shoot it.  They're slow as fuck and very visible so it isn't hard once you know where it is.  I'd shoot it multiple times though, since they're tough little creatures.  I've also heard of people hunting them successfully with a spear.  This may be preferable since you don't have to reload a spear and it can penetrate brush more effectively.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1