IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

Received a call from Unknown during dinner. Of course I let it ring. But then they (it?) left a voice message. Not really a message, but silence. Blank message.

Weird. Who or what could it be?

On 4/25/2021 at 8:19 PM, brian trageskin said:

the new temporary neighbours just arrived (airbnb), i didn't even wait an hour to knock on their door and talk to the guy. young couple with a 1 year-old baby. the wall that separates our flats is basically made of cardboard, which means i hear every single sound they make. turns out they're staying for a week. 

i can't wait to leave this fucking place. nothing but trouble since day 1. 

98a.jpg

the fun never ends: after enduring the incessant crying of the baby for a week, the couple was replaced by another one. not even 20 minutes after arriving, loud moaning from the lady. fuckers were shagging hotel-style. i knocked on the wall so that they know i can hear them through the paper-thin walls.

earlier in the day i was disturbed by the landlord who was cleaning after the couple who left. fucker made so much noise moving the furniture around that i went to ask him what the fuck he was doing. 

i'm fucking sick of this place and these fucking morons. 

10 minutes ago, Wunderbar said:

Why dont you just start returning the favor ?

The guests will start to complain lower airbnb rating less guest.

nah i'm not playing these games, not my style. 

i plan to leave a comment that will discourage future guests from renting, something along the lines of "avoid this place at all costs if you're looking for peace and quiet". the cool part is i'm the 1st guest in this brand new flat so chances are my comment is gonna have a negative impact, at least a bit. 

quick update: i've just had a chat with the loud moaner - btw, fuckers shagged a 2nd time since my last post - told her everything about the noise problem, about my misadventures with other neighbours. anyway she was very nice and sincerely sorry, i'm confident she's gonna make as little noise as possible from now on. 

4th neighbour i have to negotiate with in 2 weeks time. fucking hell. 

pufpuf-2.gif

I'm having trouble with ants being attracted to my cat's food. Getting an obscene amount of ants daily. I'm looking for ant killer that's safe for pets. Any advice/ suggestions? Thanks

2 minutes ago, yekker said:

I'm having trouble with ants being attracted to my cat's food. Getting an obscene amount of ants daily. I'm looking for ant killer that's safe for pets. Any advice/ suggestions? Thanks

once or twice a year i get ants in my kitchen. i have used a calking all around the possible entry points.

terro works well if you can find a safe place to put it. it's not pet safe. but it works well on the ants i get. they gather around it like it's an oasis and then take it back to the colony. 

6 minutes ago, ignatius said:

once or twice a year i get ants in my kitchen. i have used a calking all around the possible entry points.

terro works well if you can find a safe place to put it. it's not pet safe. but it works well on the ants i get. they gather around it like it's an oasis and then take it back to the colony. 

Funny, I've been using terro powder because I've been told it's low toxicity. Ants aren't stopped by it though. Are you using the spray?

1 minute ago, yekker said:

Funny, I've been using terro powder because I've been told it's low toxicity. Ants aren't stopped by it though. Are you using the spray?

the drops. it works pretty well. little square of cardboard w/a few drops and once they find it they circle up. in a day it's all gone and i don't see the ants anymore. 

they always find a way in. i've calked all around the kitchen. 

train your cat to eat ants in exchange for cat food

1 minute ago, diatoms said:

train your cat to eat ants in exchange for cat food

He just watches them like a dumb ass. Some house cat, pfft.

4 minutes ago, ignatius said:

the drops. it works pretty well. little square of cardboard w/a few drops and once they find it they circle up. in a day it's all gone and i don't see the ants anymore. 

Ah, I'll look into that, thanks.

Use diatomaceous earth.

Diatomaceous earth (DE) has many uses, but one of the most popular is as an insect killer. DE is not a poison, but a naturally occurring product that works through mechanical (physical) means to kill pests. Unlike many chemical products, bugs will never become resistant to it.

Diatomaceous earth is the fossilized remains of a type of algae known as a diatom. The shells of these diatoms are made mostly of silica, and when crushed up, they form a soft, white powder. Diatomaceous earth has microscopic, razor-sharp edges that are harmless to humans and other animals, but deadly to insects.

When insects crawl through the diatomaceous earth, the microscopic sharp edges work like shards of glass, slicing open their exoskeletons. As soon as the waxy outer covering of the bug is pierced, the insect will slowly begin to dry out. DE is also excellent at absorbing moisture, so the more the insect contacts the diatomaceous earth, the faster it will dehydrate. Thus, the actual means by which diatomaceous earth kills bugs is through desiccation.

• Sad 2

4 hours ago, Braintree said:

Diatomaceous earth is the fossilized remains of a type of algae known as a diatom. The shells of these diatoms are made mostly of silica, and when crushed up, they form a soft, white powder. Diatomaceous earth has microscopic, razor-sharp edges that are harmless to humans and other animals, but deadly to insects.

i take old diatoms for health

18 hours ago, ignatius said:

+1 for drops on cardboard pieces, worked like a charm for us last spring.  It's just sugar water + borax IIRC.  I like to think that back at the colony they come to realize, "hey, everybody that goes thataway comes back, dies & takes a bunch of us out in the process, so maybe we oughta not fuk wit thataway nomore"

I stopped at 7-11 for a lemonade on my way home from the gym and this huge crackhead-looking guy appeared in front while I was inside and started screaming and kicking the trash can.  He tried to talk to me on my way out and I ignored him, but I was too afraid to unlock my bike that I parked right next to where he was furiously pacing back and forth.  I'm now squatting on the street a block away and wondering whether I can safely go back for my bike.  It's starting to rain.

• Haha 1
  • Burger 2

2 hours ago, drillkicker said:

I stopped at 7-11 for a lemonade on my way home from the gym and this huge crackhead-looking guy appeared in front while I was inside and started screaming and kicking the trash can.  He tried to talk to me on my way out and I ignored him, but I was too afraid to unlock my bike that I parked right next to where he was furiously pacing back and forth.  I'm now squatting on the street a block away and wondering whether I can safely go back for my bike.  It's starting to rain.

You get your bike yet?