IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

23 minutes ago, Braintree said:

You get your bike yet?

Yeah, I went back and the guy was much more docile, standing by the door and munching on a fresh 7-11 sandwich with a fellow good pauper.

• Burger 2

Weighed myself right after my gym workout after work today and I gained 14 lbs (roughly 6 kilos) in the past month...according to the locker room scale. I had a hard time getting it to steady the last time too. It's one of those old-fashioned stand scales with the sliding weights they use at hospitals and clinics - no electronics. But it's also the only scale I've seen there for the past year or two. Pretty sure it's gotten worn and janky. So I'm tempted to just buy my own bathroom scale.

Also I finally have focused inspiration for a new music track, for the first time in probably five or six years. Problem is that I lack the time and energy to work on it with software on weeknights. At least I have my Korg Minilogue XD to jam out on when I'm tired. I'll try to get back into DAWs by the end of the week.

On 5/3/2021 at 8:57 AM, yekker said:

I'm having trouble with ants being attracted to my cat's food. Getting an obscene amount of ants daily. I'm looking for ant killer that's safe for pets. Any advice/ suggestions? Thanks

dingformung, can you fly to canada?

yekker needs your help

9 hours ago, dingformung said:

I used to eat a lot of ants as a small child. They taste a bit sour

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Three major key-players from GiantBomb are leaving. That place has been my safe-haven for the past 12 years and I've watched and listened their stuff every single day since discovering them. I must have watched /listened to their material for 2-3 hours a day. What a fucking gut punch.
After hearing that I found out that one of my favorite shows on TV which has been on since I was a kid (I must have watched it for like 30 years and still do) has been fucking cancelled.

Also, our cat got into a fight with another cat in our fucking bedroom window last night at 3 AM. Couldn't fall asleep after that so I'm tired as fuck.

• Sad 1

57 minutes ago, Squee said:

Three major people from GiantBomb are leaving. That place has been my safe-haven for the past 12 years and I've watched and listened their stuff every single day since discovering them. I must have watched /listened to their material for 2-3 hours a day. What a fucking gut punch.
After hearing that I found out that one of my favorite shows on TV which has been on since I was a kid (I must have watched it for like 30 years and still do) has been fucking cancelled.

Also, our cat got into a fight with another cat in our fucking bedroom window last night at 3 AM. Couldn't fall asleep after that so I'm tired as fuck.

I recommend you make a coffee infused pizza for a pick me up.

• Like 1

1) homeless guy sat outside of a shop so i go in to get him a cheap sandwich. i leave and he's gone ?

2) BRUVVV i am actually losing it with my housemates. how the fuck can you be 20 years old and not know how to clean a room like have you never done housework in your life???????????? i just witnessed one of them hoovering up our dirty kitchen without using a broom first. i legit watched him hoover up broken glass, noodles and tobacco off the floor. USE A FUCKING BROOM WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU??? NO WONDER THE HOOVER FILTER IS FUCKED!!!!!!!! HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL U. DO YOUR PARENTS DO EVERYTHING FOR U AT HOME? DO THEY WIPE YOUR FUCKING ARSE FOR YOU TOO?????????????????????????????????????????

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, drillkicker said:

I stopped at 7-11 for a lemonade on my way home from the gym and this huge crackhead-looking guy appeared in front while I was inside and started screaming and kicking the trash can.  He tried to talk to me on my way out and I ignored him, but I was too afraid to unlock my bike that I parked right next to where he was furiously pacing back and forth.  I'm now squatting on the street a block away and wondering whether I can safely go back for my bike.  It's starting to rain.

theres this crazy lady near where i live who always harasses me. the other day she came up to me and my friends and asked to use one of our phones and we were like obviously not and kept walking and she followed us threatening to get her boyfriend to stab us and were like right ok then and carried on walking. people have even made posters about her on facebook warning people to ignore her lol

Edited by milkface

7 hours ago, yekker said:

I recommend you make a coffee infused pizza for a pick me up.

Almost out of beans and haven't got any dough prepared.

i had room mates briefly, and it was fine.  But we were all introverts who stayed in our rooms mostly, only ever bumping into each other occasionally in the kitchen.  I pretty much just used the place as a crash pad.  I think my experience with room mates being totally chill like that was a pretty rare one.  And I still wouldn't choose that over living alone.

• Like 1

Living alone is the dream, man. However, it does get pretty tiring during a pandemic. Sometimes I don't say anything to another human being for like a week.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Braintree said:

Sometimes I don't say anything to another human being for like a week.

that's what talking to yourself is for

Yeah man gotta pay the extra dosh. 

My last roommate was the exact opposite of me and we'd knock heads all the time. Someone I wouldn't associate with irl if we hadn't been randomly thrown together.

3 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

i had room mates briefly, and it was fine.  But we were all introverts who stayed in our rooms mostly, only ever bumping into each other occasionally in the kitchen.  I pretty much just used the place as a crash pad.  I think my experience with room mates being totally chill like that was a pretty rare one.  And I still wouldn't choose that over living alone.

That's exactly the situation I have now.  I used to live with a couple of roommates who were much more social and it was great.  We would hang out, have dinner together once a week, go to the bar, watch TV, get ice cream, bake bread together, have guests occasionally, and so on.  I really miss it.  I only ever hear people complain about their roommates, but living with people you get along with really well is a lot cooler than living on your own.

Edited by drillkicker
  • Like 2

I'm def more of a lone wolf.  I genuinely like people, but I need the option of leaving them.  Having social room mates I think would be maddening for me.  Having a couple friends in the house on the same property as me is pretty nice though.  That's my current situation.  I'm the weird guy in the back yard cabin, which is just how I like it.

• Like 1

SFWP: I have a date on Sat with someone who is way out of my league in the looks department, and I'm pretty sure we both know that.  It's a bit intimidating.  This might end up being the first date where I'm actually nervous... which is as it should be.  Dates are all about being an anxious mess.  I won't even get to have beer for support this time, as the plan is to go for a walk.

1 hour ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

SFWP: I have a date on Sat with someone who is way out of my league in the looks department, and I'm pretty sure we both know that.  It's a bit intimidating.  This might end up being the first date where I'm actually nervous... which is as it should be.  Dates are all about being an anxious mess.  I won't even get to have beer for support this time, as the plan is to go for a walk.

if you truly think it's hopeless then just have a good time. don't stress.. don't bother. go for broke... fart at the dinner table etc. 

srsly though.. might as well just relax and dazzle her with your self confidence. or be goofy chevy chase in Caddy Shack. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ignatius said:

if you truly think it's hopeless then just have a good time. don't stress.. don't bother. go for broke... fart at the dinner table etc. 

srsly though.. might as well just relax and dazzle her with your self confidence. or be goofy chevy chase in Caddy Shack. 

Yes. Or Bill Murray in Caddy Shack.

• Like 1
  • Farnsworth 1

Thanks.  It'll be fine.  I do think it's hopeless on the romantic front, which is not a problem.  I'm just hoping she's cool about that, and that we can have a normal friendship dynamic.  Basically I'm hoping she can tilt my negative perception of people who look like super models on its head.  She's doing a pretty good job of it so far in the chat.

12 hours ago, toaoaoad said:

Living alone is expensive as hell but it's worth every penny

I chose to live with these guys and I love em but they lack so much common sense.

i've been living alone since 2018, and it's been great. my irl interactions are like 95% performative, which is fine most the time but gets to be a problem if you have to be on the clock 24/7. living alone has done wonders for my mental health. rent isn't too bad either if you're down to live in a one room apartment.

24 minutes ago, toaoaoad said:

In my experience this is a self fulfilling prophecy. Don't believe it! Go in with confidence

yeah +1. i've known some real hotties who were dating absolute chuggos (not implying zeph is chuggo). just tape some pictures of garbage on the inside of your sunglasses when you go on the date, that way when you look at her you won't be intimidated

• Like 3
  • Big Brain 1