IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

someone got the local homeless guy hopped up on goofballs again

he was throwing trash around in the park with no shirt on. a family was watching from the playground across the street. "look kids", i heard the mother say to her young children, "he's facing away from us. I think we can leave now"

56 minutes ago, Cryptowen said:

someone got the local homeless guy hopped up on goofballs again

he was throwing trash around in the park with no shirt on. a family was watching from the playground across the street. "look kids", i heard the mother say to her young children, "he's facing away from us. I think we can leave now"

welcome to portland! it's not like this everywhere but it's like this everywhere. 

https://www.instagram.com/portlandlookslikeshit/

it's not though.. but every part of town has its camps and craziness. it really blew up once the pandemic started but prior to that was growing for years due to housing crisis and people coming to oregon to live on the streets because it's 'chill' for them and there's lot's of services. also, many drugs available. 

Can't decide whether to take advantage of father's day sales and finally buy a deece cordless chainsaw. I'm pretty loyal to Makita so I'd be dropping like $400... and I'd much rather spend it on books and a hammock. But after having to cut a (luckily small, <6"dia) fallen tree a few hundred feet from the house with a gorram handsaw this morning, and then dragging its 15ft carcass to the edge of the woods instead of repeatedly torturing myself with more sawing, I'm reeeaall tempted

#leastidm2021

• Like 1

I didn't know there were corded chainsaws or even electrical for that matter.. All I've ever seen have been the gasoline powered. Weird thing to learn from WATMM. But I've anyway felled my few trees with just an axe or a handsaw. And in one case with an entrenching tool..

Got invited over to a Father's Day dinner last night, but once I got there I was told that the lasagna had to bake for an additional hour before it was ready. It wouldn't have been as bad if I weren't forced to miss an important YouTube live stream. I mean, if y'all are gonna ask me to show up at a specific time, then fucking have the food ready or close to ready at that scheduled time. Fucking step family dysfunction sometimes.

15 minutes ago, ambermonke said:

Got invited over to a Father's Day dinner last night, but once I got there I was told that the lasagna had to bake for an additional hour before it was ready. It wouldn't have been as bad if I weren't forced to miss an important YouTube live stream. I mean, if y'all are gonna ask me to show up at a specific time, then fucking have the food ready or close to ready at that scheduled time. Fucking step family dysfunction sometimes.

what's that important youtube stream

19 hours ago, luke viia said:

Can't decide whether to take advantage of father's day sales and finally buy a deece cordless chainsaw. I'm pretty loyal to Makita so I'd be dropping like $400... and I'd much rather spend it on books and a hammock. But after having to cut a (luckily small, <6"dia) fallen tree a few hundred feet from the house with a gorram handsaw this morning, and then dragging its 15ft carcass to the edge of the woods instead of repeatedly torturing myself with more sawing, I'm reeeaall tempted

#leastidm2021

if you need to use a chainsaw on a regular basis then by all means get it. it should last you at least your lifetime if you take care of it. if i learned anything from my father is that tools should be one-time investment for a man. my father specially prides himself having tools his father gave him, and some even from his grandfather ~100 years old.

on the other hand, if cutting trees is just once in a blue moon for you it might be better to simply borrow one.

• Like 1

Spent the last 7 hours mostly working on an hour long playlist to share with a Tinder date tomorrow - flol.  It's hard making a dozen tracks by different artists in multiple genres sound at all cohesive together.  In my defence, she's crazy pretty and has excellent taste, so... it's got to be perfect.  The listening date was her idea.  Already had a drink meet-up that went well.

39 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Spent the last 7 hours mostly working on an hour long playlist to share with a Tinder date tomorrow - flol.  It's hard making a dozen tracks by different artists in multiple genres sound at all cohesive together.  In my defence, she's crazy pretty and has excellent taste, so... it's got to be perfect.  The listening date was her idea.  Already had a drink meet-up that went well.

High Fidelity (2000)

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ambermonke said:

I'm so sorry that you had to spend an hour of your life with your family on father's day.  What a tragedy.  Do you have a gofundme?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Could be easier if you made it all instrumental...

• Farnsworth 1

28 minutes ago, drillkicker said:

I'm so sorry that you had to spend an hour of your life with your family on father's day.  What a tragedy.  Do you have a gofundme?

No, but I can set one up. You'll be the first to know.

3 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Spent the last 7 hours mostly working on an hour long playlist to share with a Tinder date tomorrow

and we have a winner. thread closed. everyone go home. ?

• Like 1
  • Farnsworth 2

On 6/20/2021 at 9:43 PM, luke viia said:

#leastidm2021

Get the most quiet one you can find.

• Like 1