IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

5 minutes ago, frankbooth said:

Went outside to the recycling bin, got stung by 3 yellow jackets.

That sounds more like a third-world problem (sans the recycling bin)

10 minutes ago, luke viia said:

I haven't slept since hearing that yekker may have a cavity. Keeping constant prayer vigil until further updates. 

I had a problem with the nerve. I had a root canal yesterday!

I'm ok. Just a bit sore. 

Edited by yekker
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ignatius said:

rip

embrace the heat, brother. I am one who enjoys sitting outside when it's 107. it is a way to acclimate my body to the world of the future, when one day nuclear annihilation happens and what's left of us are roaming around in a scorched earth apocalyptic wasteland. the heat will be unbearable then, but I will have already acclimated myself to it.

• Thanks 1
  • Farnsworth 1

7 minutes ago, zero said:

embrace the heat, brother. I am one who enjoys sitting outside when it's 107. it is a way to acclimate my body to the world of the future, when one day nuclear annihilation happens and what's left of us are roaming around in a scorched earth apocalyptic wasteland. the heat will be unbearable then, but I will have already acclimated myself to it.

nope. was plenty acclimated to heat until the mid 90s thanks to growing up in Miami.  in 97 i lived in orlando for a year and that was enough of my taint sweating... being close to the equator sucks. it's like the sun is 6ft over your head. the west is a different kind of heat.. that dry hot garbage wind baking the surface causing plumes of rising hot air that then deflect back to the ground. 

my health conditions do not make me super durable so heat extremes are more anxiety inducing than typical. but i can usually rally if i'm well hydrated. 

rambling. sorry. but if there's a nuclear war i don't have big desire to still be around slogging through the wastes... well.. at least there wouldn't be capitalism. just some kind of flesh barbarism barter system. 

Allah is a possibility of existence.
Existence is older than Allah, but it can be expressed in Him.
Allah is faceless and yet has many faces.
Allah is destiny, he expresses himself in a perfect interplay of all elements of being. He is like a diamond. Everything interlocks, it is firmly interlinked and ultimately perfect.
Existence, the supreme principle, can also be expressed in formlessness, in the lack of interlocking of all things. Allah is a face of existence. Existence knows imperfection, even non-existence.
Islam is one way of many that tries to make the unspeakable expressable. Allah is a possibility. There are other possibilities, but existence can manifest as Allah. Islam is right and wrong.

It is a possibility that expresses itself in the form of Allah.
The mind, the heart and the body are all three needed to perceive and to express existence. The body is not simply a vehicle for the soul. The body also has a soul, which feels its way into existence. The soul of the body is its essence. It is more than an idea, it is like a rainbow or a dream.
Allah exists only through mankind and through nature. He can only be reached by man and nature as a whole.
Islam says: It is not so important whether you eat pork or not, what matters most of all is your belief in Allah and your way of life as His servant - which way do you choose?
The Koran tells us that the shape of Allah cannot be shown or painted, because it would have to be shown or painted by man; this would be an act of hubris on man's part; so one cannot even try to think about it: rather one must feel for it. 
Existence cannot be expressed if we are thinking about it; we must feel for it - but where does one feel? Where does one find this feeling? Through man! Through love! Through art! And through prayer! One must pray with one's heart! One must listen to what existence wants from us! One must listen with all one's senses, with eyes and ears open for every little sign that comes from existence!

?:beer:

16 hours ago, cichlisuite said:

yea what were those btw?

Pretty sure the grey dots were just a reflection of your post count, like you'd get another one when you'd hit a milestone number of posts like 100, 2K, 10K, etc.  They got harder to get the further you got on, hence the aura of prestige that would come with a sixth or even seventh dot.  but hey what do I know I'm just a Elite Forum Grand Wizard Sergeant-at-Large (43/42) with a 100 Pizzazz badge

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, dingformung said:

Allah is a possibility of existence.
Existence is older than Allah, but it can be expressed in Him.
Allah is faceless and yet has many faces.
Allah is destiny, he expresses himself in a perfect interplay of all elements of being. He is like a diamond. Everything interlocks, it is firmly interlinked and ultimately perfect.
Existence, the supreme principle, can also be expressed in formlessness, in the lack of interlocking of all things. Allah is a face of existence. Existence knows imperfection, even non-existence.
Islam is one way of many that tries to make the unspeakable expressable. Allah is a possibility. There are other possibilities, but existence can manifest as Allah. Islam is right and wrong.

that's like paraphrasing Lao Tzu

• Like 1

It’s my birthday today and when I noticed I got a text from the corner of my eye I thought it was from one of the many people in my life that could possibly be kind and considerate enough to stay up late to be amongst the very first to congratulate me. It was a phishing text from my bank alerting me to a future withdrawal. Guess I’m now of an age where these phishing cats consider me old enough to possibly fall for their schemes. 

4 hours ago, dingformung said:

I think I'm just the sum of my influences. How to be more creative???

I wanna be less boring and more better

judt a word for me so i can transcend thanks

talk please

You’re overlooking the fact that even though you might be the sum of your influences nobody in the entire world has the exact same influences as you do and nobody has or will ever combine these influences or be affected by them in the way you are. FACT. 

• Like 2

I can be a self-loathing goof who is unable to build any real relationship with others because I'm too self-absorbed to invest any true effort and risk. This is kind of okay, though. Could be worse. Usually, when I interact with others, it's about ME (and I feel that goes for most other people as well).

Edited by dingformung

In anticipation of the activation of a new EU import tax regulation per July 1st I ordered some parts from tayda a little over two weeks ago. For the last 2 years it’s taken dhl about 7 days to deliver orders from tayda. This time however it seems to be taking much longer and I’m starting to suspect dhl is purposely holding small shipments so they can collect admin fees on packages delivered after July 1st. Although now that I’ve typed it out I’m realising it would probably also cost them a fair sum to withhold any significant number of packages from delivery for any number of days. It is what it is, guess we’ll never know. 

• Sad 1

My (rather dated) GPU started making awful noises yesterday... took it out and tried to do some deep cleaning this morning but one of the tiny screws holding the fan is overtightened and I cannae twist the fucker, so I couldn't get the shroud off. Many q-tips and much ISO later, here's hoping it survives until prices come down in, what, two years? :cerious:

Edited by luke viia
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, dingformung said:

haven't solved any math equation in years

2 + 2 =

• Big Brain 1

On 6/20/2021 at 3:43 PM, luke viia said:

Can't decide whether to take advantage of father's day sales and finally buy a deece cordless chainsaw. I'm pretty loyal to Makita so I'd be dropping like $400... and I'd much rather spend it on books and a hammock. But after having to cut a (luckily small, <6"dia) fallen tree a few hundred feet from the house with a gorram handsaw this morning, and then dragging its 15ft carcass to the edge of the woods instead of repeatedly torturing myself with more sawing, I'm reeeaall tempted

#leastidm2021

I need to get a circ saw instead of borrowing my friend’s all the time. Like you, I’m preferable to Makita. Expensive!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

Hey happy belated! We share the same birthday. :beer:

Happy birthday, buddy! Hope you had a good one.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Stickfigger said:

Woke up to find that one of the kids purchased 400AUD worth of 'Amazon Coins' that can only be redeemed for in-app purchases.

this will be a story told through the ages in your fam. i still hear about the golf ball sized dent i put in my dad's truck in 1988