IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

On 7/13/2011 at 6:38 PM, Guest KY said:

hey guys,

just curious what kinds of first world problems you're all dealing with at the moment.

for me, fucking indietorrents isn't working so i have to use other methods of freely acquiring music on my nice imac. FUCK.

and i got a fucking hoagie/sub/sandwich from the local bodega/convenience store, and they put too much mayo on it. GODDAMMIT.

This thread's 10 year anniversary is coming up in a couple weeks.  I hope everyone's having some really stupid first world problems until then.  This OP brings to mind two in recent memory:

1. Ordered a sub at Mr. Sub.  Get it to eat there.  Girl at the counter piles almost all the fixings onto the top bun, then proceeds to press it down directly onto the plate, rather than onto the bottom bun, which is just sitting there naked, waiting for its other half.  The toppings are literally just on top of the plate.  There's no way she doesn't know this.  I know this.  She tells me to enjoy my sub and I thank her, then very carefully slide the bottom bun where it needs to be.  Excellent sub as it so turns out.  But that final exchange took Canadian politeness to a whole new extreme.

2. Ordered a McChicken Wrap (with crispy chicken) because nothing else was open, and I'd already had burgers two nights in a row.  Holy mother of fuck that was a bad wrap. 

• Haha 1

On 6/26/2021 at 9:55 PM, diatoms said:

2 + 2 =

Was talkimg about more xool (cool/school) looking equations like differential and integral calculus. I used to know how that stuff works and was fairly good at it, and honestly I think they just look pretty when written on a piece of paper with a nice pen in a reasonable way etc etc etc wtf but I forgot how and why also its boring as fuck

And there are more fun things in life

FWP: I'm in prison now. It's a nice prison with lots of freedoms but there is no privacy and I'm here without being guilty of anything. I'm a pure soul. It is a perfidious system of deceit that keeps me here, as you all know. Well, I don't even wanna suicide. Gotta have to wait it out, I'm too cowardly to attempt breaking out right now (also, they numbed me with all sorts of sedatives). It's a good life... It's a good life, it's a good life, it's a good life, I am happy, I want to die

18 minutes ago, logakght said:

I'm 27 years old. On my way to death.

see this is the kind of fwp post a person writes at age 27. then you get to age 30 and your fwp posts are all like "accidentally scratched my balls after cutting up spicy peppers, send help"

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, luke viia said:

holly fuck it's hot out here in the pnw

115 right now. new all time record. shit is nuts for june. june should be in the 70s

my central AC is a smaller unit. my whole house is set up as one zone. thermostat is in the front of the house which is the warmest part of the house when the sun is cooking like this.. so, the ac clicks on at about 77-79 and once it clicks on it stays on.. basement gets ice cold. main level struggles to stay around 80 or 82.. yesterday it got up to 84 on the main level. basement must be like 68. so i'm wearing a knit hat in the basement because it's freezing.  meanwhile outside is like a fucking lava zone radiating from every direction. 

bedroom gets chilly. basement freezing. everything else a bit muggy. finished attic space is just a no go zone. it's gotta be as hot as it is outside up there. convection oven up there. 

supposed to cool down by about 20 degrees.. and i think be 78 overnight lows or something tonight then tomorrow night 60s overnight lows. 

wtf. might get hotter within the next hour or so. 

13 hours ago, ignatius said:

115 right now. new all time record. shit is nuts for june. june should be in the 70s

my central AC is a smaller unit. my whole house is set up as one zone. thermostat is in the front of the house which is the warmest part of the house when the sun is cooking like this.. so, the ac clicks on at about 77-79 and once it clicks on it stays on.. basement gets ice cold. main level struggles to stay around 80 or 82.. yesterday it got up to 84 on the main level. basement must be like 68. so i'm wearing a knit hat in the basement because it's freezing.  meanwhile outside is like a fucking lava zone radiating from every direction. 

bedroom gets chilly. basement freezing. everything else a bit muggy. finished attic space is just a no go zone. it's gotta be as hot as it is outside up there. convection oven up there. 

supposed to cool down by about 20 degrees.. and i think be 78 overnight lows or something tonight then tomorrow night 60s overnight lows. 

wtf. might get hotter within the next hour or so. 

Well good for you mate, i'm sitting here with no AC in my boxer shorts, and i don't dare turning on the computer as it will only get hotter, with its fans working loudly even when idling. 39 degrees celsium here, and i slept with a damp towly on my chest

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, cichlisuite said:

Well good for you mate, i'm sitting here with no AC in my boxer shorts, and i don't dare turning on the computer as it will only get hotter, with its fans working loudly even when idling. 39 degrees celsium here, and i slept with a damp towly on my chest

oh i hear ya. i have mostly 'champagne problems'. 

there was a lot of 'how to stay cool' advice on r/portland. put damp towels in the freezer.. damp top sheet in the freezer then wrap yourself in it at bed time. take cold showers then air dry. get some of the clay cold packs from the drug store. after freezing them lay on them w/them directly on your skin. etc. 

if i didn't have ac i'd have gone to a friends house or one of the cooling centers. it was brutal.

4 minutes ago, ignatius said:

there was a lot of 'how to stay cool' advice on r/portland. put damp towels in the freezer.. damp top sheet in the freezer then wrap yourself in it at bed time. take cold showers then air dry. get some of the clay cold packs from the drug store. after freezing them lay on them w/them directly on your skin. etc. 

if i didn't have ac i'd have gone to a friends house or one of the cooling centers. it was brutal.

Record breaking temps here too. Today + weds thurs are all record breakers, highest temp recorded since yesterday was in 1886. 

• Sad 1

48 minutes ago, dingformung said:

been driven mostly by unjustified fears so far. being brave doesn't help me right away since i always carry the burden of my past within my anus

irl lol

^That goes for most people I see when I look around. Everyone seems to be driven by unconscious fears, by some sort of agenda that was implanted into their mind that drives them to do all sort of things, like they don't exist, or they are not enough.

Man is sick.

• Like 1

gotta do some stuff

it sucks when u have to do stuff

i see life as a problem

life is a problem

a problem to be solved

solved and then done with

done with so i can hurry up and get to the next thing

which is a life not lived

a life spent solving problems

• Sad 1

hot temperaturs

are fucken killin me

it's only 26 degrees celsious which is 78.8 degrees fahrenheit

withz a mild breeze & beautiful solid blue skies and golden sunshine

but it's still not perfect

i like it  to be a bit cooler

it was a fuckung mistake to travel to asia in 3 days

it will be terrible bcs of temperatures

it will be like this every day in asia (if not a lot HOTTER)

i will die if it stays like this for days and weeks

i can't do it, i will be on the plane  thinking about turning back (which is IMPOSSIBLE once ur on the plane)

but then i get there and the sun IS out and it's actually really pretty nice considering how FUCKING HOT THIS PLACE IS!!!!!!! (asia)

goddamn life truly is a problem

23 minutes ago, dingformung said:

^That goes for most people I see when I look around. Everyone seems to be driven by unconscious fears, by some sort of agenda that was implanted into their mind that drives them to do all sort of things, like they don't exist, or they are not enough.

Man is sick.

Does it not seem that this is true of other life (besides humans) as well? The unconscious fear part, i mean. And I would imagine you are aware that we (as individuals) are not entirely powerless in this auto-commandeering of our psyches. As for not existing, or feeling inadequate, those certainly seem to be indicative of awareness struggling to grow up and out, and aside from people, I would make the (ignorant) assumption that only certain other mammals on earth partake in such pointless neuroses. Dogs probably have feelings of inadequacy, for example, but it does not strike me that beetles would give any fucks in this regard. It is the sign of a self struggling beyond its limits, and we owe it to one another to help when we see a being floundering at these levels (ie, non-stop).

I wonder, ding, have you been reading much philosophy or religious literature in the past few months, or are your musings primarily coming from your own mind and psychedelic adventures? Some of what you've said recently lines up with various neoplatonic ideas (esp Plotinus; you posted in the dream thread recently an experience that was very much a personal telling of involution/evolution to his conception of The One, imo), and I'd say you're having plenty of thoughts veering close to mystics like San Juan de La Cruz, St Teresa, and to a lesser degree (though you certainly share in his lovely childishness), Ramakrishna, if not the wider world Vedanta as Vivekananda expounded it to us in the west.

be the light that cums unconditionally ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

i guess bugs have different problems that prolly suck a lot that i cant empathise with bcs i dont get them

or think of supernatural beings that are infinitely wise and knowledgable

imagine their problems lol

i read books but only a couple of lines at a time and somewhere randomly in the middle of the book. but doesnt matter bcs the book is a visual manifestation or something, so it speaks to me no matter at which point i start reading, it's always in response to my current thought process (unless it wants to appear static like a printed thing, which it can etc etc pp kinda like that platon stuff with the cave and the fireplace and the book is the shadow on the wall)

i am a very ignorant person but i think i'm starting to understand things a little better now which might be another layer of illusion/confusion

i always think i should stop making up theories about existence bcs i can't grasp it anyway, so better just enjoy it? if possible (which isnt always that easy)

you are also a visual manifestation (don't forget it) and I have to say your relationship to the written word is peculiar and does not, for better or worse, unleash the full potential of the format. GIGO, as they say

fwp: nobody replied to my post about the heat with "but it's so cold in the D" 

I brought the refrigerated tall beer cans into bed with me last night in an attempt to cool down my sheets/body, but it was no use.  Then I went outside to set up the new hammock (naked, I might add), which threw me back onto the lawn as soon as I attempted to lie in it.  Tried a second time despite newly acquired PTSD from the first try, but it was easily the most uncomfortable hammock I've ever had the misfortune of lying in.  So I went back into my cabin and slept on the couch (a first), legs elevated over one end since it's too small for my body.  Heatwave can suck my dick.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, ignatius said:

laying a frozen thing directly on skin? intuitively i don't like this idea, but for the sake of science i will try it

the thing is, i was trying to generate a draft through the house by opening all outside doors on all sides of the house (the house, of course, has four sides, but only two are 'doored'...) so maybe create even a slight breeze, but the air is still, and it's not working. it has worked in the past, just not now, and it kinda sucks. well, it doesn't really suck (air), it just sucks (as a state of matters). maybe because of this, this is no longer a first world problem, and apart from the threat of the lions and scorpions, i'm living in third world conditions... so... yeah... as a novelty seeker, it sure makes an interesting experience.

i've read on this subject, and also talked to some knowledgeable people, and they all say it's slowly going to get worse. more fast-changing weather pattern extremes, drought, followed by intense rain periods that will get increasingly irregular, increased carbon dioxide, until eventually the temperature will plummet, and then much further down the line a new ice age will be upon us

• Like 1