IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

fwp: listened to too much Colundi, now 12tet sounds "sour" while the former sounds like the color violet/indigo. It's like the sound of a hyperintelligent clematis turning to observe you

:cisfor: colundi :cisfor: 

• Like 1

On 7/19/2021 at 1:21 PM, ignatius said:

i don't think you can load it all on one person's back but perhaps can point at drug use in the band and other factors like budget etc. i think bands, like marriages, have a "the honeymoon is over" period w/some members of the band and things change. 

who mixed/recorded the records probably has as much an impact too. 

I used to work with Chris Connelly and my understanding is that Al was just completely insane and became more so over time. Paul and Chris kept things going creatively but Al has a totally destructive thing that he’s always digging into. 

not sure if this explains how his records got so bad but I think it does have something to do with totally alienating people around him and making really bad decisions just bc that’s what he does 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brian trageskin said:

got my 2nd shot yesterday and i'm having flu-like symptoms. 

first-world-problems.jpg

Very much so.

But, yeah, those second shots really deliver. Even my wife had some side effects and her immune system is made of steel.

3 minutes ago, brian trageskin said:

fever, headache, fatigue, nausea, i have it all. no biggie. what bothers me though is i'm having low back pain, can't get any sleep because of it. 

been dealing w/same for a while though not as a result of the vaccine. ice pack on low back until it goes numb. then heating pad helps me. eating a little something helps my nausea. then once there's something in my stomach i can take 1 max strength advil. 

as for sleep.. yeah.. i'll probably never solve that riddle but i've been going to bed early these days to try and mitigate the morning tiredness. soaking in a hot bath helps me. 

Edited by ignatius
  • Like 1

had a 2nd cup of coffee to try and power through fatigue but it's not working. two radiation treatments left. the nausea/fatigue landed previous monday and today i'm starting to understand why people say "no thanks" to chemo/radiation. my side effects are considered mild and I'm like fuck it can skip the last 2 treatments? but won't of course. will go thru w/it all and ring the stupid bell on tuesday after the last one. 

also, many cringe feels about aging, dating, creativity, music, pity party, tiny violins etc. 

• Sad 5

Ahh dude, that sounds horrifying.  Sorry you have to deal with that.

I'm such a baby about nausea especially... not looking forward to this second vax.  I can still block potential/likely cancer diagnoses of the future out of my head for the time being.

My real FWP tho is listening to Justin Timberlake's last album and getting depressed at how impressively clean all the mixes are.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova
  • Farnsworth 1

damn Ignatius... you got this man!

Zephyr: it just so happens i listened to "what goes around comes around" today. That was such a great album. 

My problem is I hung out with my dad today for our yearly or so visit.  He can be a real asshole. It went fairly well I'd say, except for the drive home on the highway. He's never been a good driver and has been in his share of accidents. That combined with him getting older I was fucking scared for my safety. I gotta really talk to him about it, no more highway driving when I'm with him.

Edit: 

I missed opening ceremonies of the Olympics? Or did they not do that this year?

Edited by yekker

2 hours ago, yekker said:

damn Ignatius... you got this man!

Zephyr: it just so happens i listened to "what goes around comes around" today. That was such a great album. 

My problem is I hung out with my dad today for our yearly or so visit.  He can be a real asshole. It went fairly well I'd say, except for the drive home on the highway. He's never been a good driver and has been in his share of accidents. That combined with him getting older I was fucking scared for my safety. I gotta really talk to him about it, no more highway driving when I'm with him.

Edit: 

I missed opening ceremonies of the Olympics? Or did they not do that this year?

They did it. It was what it was. 

• Sad 1

On 7/23/2021 at 9:09 PM, yekker said:

Do you mean the 20/20 Experience?  I believe it has a song with that lyric on it.  I haven't heard that one in a long time, but I did have the CD.

FWP: I need to have a shower before my shift, but I don't want to walk through the yard to the main house because then I will have to face the people who have been diligently working away in the yard for hours.  And then I will feel awkward as the guy in his house coat that lazes around until 4:15 before having a shower, rather than putting in hours labour in the yard/garden.  No idea WTF they're working on btw... but they sure are taking their sweet time.

9 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Do you mean the 20/20 Experience?  I believe it has a song with that lyric on it.  I haven't heard that one in a long time, but I did have the CD.

Naw, it's from futuresex/lovesounds.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Dropped my phone, and now the screen just flashes patches of light.  Currently trying out a bunch of random solutions that probably won't work.

so,  your phone turned into www.Skam.co.uk from the year 2001

• Farnsworth 1

a restaurant employee seems to have chosen the spot just beneath my window as his new smoke break location, dude coughs like his lungs were beanie babies and he was trying to unload them before the bubble collapses

more like a first world mystery. The three cup holders in my car were all about a quarter full of water when i got in it this morning, almost exactly the same amount of water in each cup holder. It had been raining during the night, but all the car windows were shut (i made of point of double checking the previous afternoon, cause the forecast was for heavy rains). I didn't look down before plonking my vaporiser into one of them, and the water caused it to conk out for about thirty minutes. Also, the night before, my hair trimmer suddenly stopped working for no reason (fully charged) but started working the next day. For a minute there I thought I was going to have to buy a new vaporiser and a new trimmer. close shave. 

• Confused 1
  • Farnsworth 1

On 7/15/2021 at 7:39 AM, ignatius said:

yeah i mean.. i know.. and as said generally not gonna flirt w/anyone who's at work because they're trapped and shouldn't have to deal w/that shit on the job. but still enjoying the idea that we're flirting a little and time will tell. 9 appointments left to enjoy the atmosphere. 

*cringe*

ok update.. had final radiation appointment this morning thank fuck i'm done. rang the bell.. they threw confetti and gave me a certificate of radiation completion. nice all around. said i was exemplary patient and 'text book' case of how it should go etc.. the relevant nurse crush was there for that bit and said "i'll miss you!" and i replied the same (on my way into the restroom to empty my bladder because the treatment requires full bladder and my god every time after it's a long streak of piss)  since i've been there every day for 28 week days.. and then said "but i guess i'll see you in a month" which is when my follow up is.. then on the way out gave me an update about finding a new place and i thanked her again for everything and gave her an elbow bump because that's a covid handshake.

stupidly i did or didn't say "well you don't have to wait a month to see me if you don't want to" but that would've been too flirty.

a month from now, after the sunburn on my rectum has faded perhaps i'll be less emo/cringe and my flirt radar will be more accurate. 

i was afraid i was going to get emotional like dorothy at the end of wizard of oz. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, drillkicker said:

I lost a very small and very important thing and now I want to die

i lost my dignity a long time ago. you'll be fine. 

but srsly whatever it is i hope it turns up in the right place. 

• Sad 1

Went and played sports last night after not exercising in any real capacity for 18 months. Everything hurts today. 

• Sad 1
  • Farnsworth 1