IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

On 7/30/2021 at 4:03 PM, thefxbip said:

I am arguing with strangers that attack Ligeti and Schoenberg on contemporary music youtube videos.

I thought i had beaten my bad habit of arguing with strangers on the internet but i had a few horrible relapses.

0bZhKBs.png

some shitpost i stumbled upon on reddit, reminded me of a few past discussions on watmm :duckhunt:

• Haha 1

mention the words "music theory" around the wrong person and they'll be like "yeah thanks bro but i'm not into that robot shit gnah mean? i just like to feel bro, one love man, keep it real" before playing some echoy notes on their microkorg & singing about how weed is alive

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, drillkicker said:

Is it whack or wack

no idea

20 minutes ago, Cryptowen said:

mention the words "music theory" around the wrong person and they'll be like "yeah thanks bro but i'm not into that robot shit gnah mean? i just like to feel bro, one love man, keep it real" before playing some echoy notes on their microkorg & singing about how weed is alive

flol

One of my bumble matches used "wack" in a text tonight, and one of my first thoughts was that it's spelled "whack"... so that's probably the one. Although "wacky" seems like it shouldn't have the h, so what do I know.

6 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

One of my bumble matches used "wack" in a text tonight, and one of my first thoughts was that it's spelled "whack"... so that's probably the one. Although "wacky" seems like it shouldn't have the h, so what do I know.

I'm gonna whack you if you don't give me an answer.

• Burger 1

The internet.

It's like huffing distilled, pure, ultra-concentrated stupid that's turning everyone's brain into pink slime.

I'm not even on any social media sites, just a select few discussion forums and IRC.

People ruin everything.

• Like 4
  • Facepalm 1

On 7/31/2021 at 2:19 AM, drillkicker said:

My window gets a lot of activity.  Last night a guy chose it as the spot to yell angrily across the street about how much he hates black people (using more controversial terminology).  It was my least favorite thing to wake up to.

I live around the corner from a large Royal Court, so I regularly have crazy, just released homeless people screaming outside my window. Good fun!

14 minutes ago, dcom said:

The internet.

It's like huffing distilled, pure, ultra-concentrated stupid that's turning everyone's brain into pink slime.

I'm not even on any social media sites, just a select few discussion forums and IRC.

People ruin everything.

I'm only ever on here, YT, and Reddit anymore. But there's gonna be cringe no matter where we go sadly.

5 minutes ago, ambermonke said:

I'm only ever on here, YT, and Reddit anymore. But there's gonna be cringe no matter where we go sadly.

Sometimes that's us ourselves causing it, which is, of course, rather ironic.

I was attempting to head over to instagram, but ended up typing "cringe" into the address bar by mistake after getting caught up in the FWP thread.  Appropriate.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

22 hours ago, dcom said:

The internet.

before clicking that link, I immediately thought you were referencing the pink slime that was flowing in the NYC sewers in Ghostbusters 2. I've often times thought of that pink slime as some sort of connection to what the internet/social media has done to society. in GB2, the pink slime was the result of all the negative energy in the city, and grew stronger the more the people argued and were angry toward each other. it fed off the negativity. it started attacking people. the ghostbusters were finally able to defeat it by creating positive energy. they told all the New Yorkers to be nice to each other, and it made the evil pink slime weak. that, in a way, is similar to the internet, I think. the internet is the pink slime flowing beneath all our cities.

• Like 2

a week or so ago i got an email about a couple of my early releases which used to be free on line from ouotrecords.com which is now offline. so, dude wanted the releases and asked if i could put them on bandcamp. told him i'd just send him a wetransfer link w/the releases. couldn't find one of them so a friend is going to send the files to me once he's done moving. i sent a wetransfer of one of the releases as mp3 320 and wav. 

he's being kind of an entitled dick. "can you just put all your releases on spotify?"  ah, no. 

"is the wetransfer link the CD version? i'd prefer that version as it has more tracks."

after i sent the link i get this "does the link expire? i hope it doesn't expire" - it expires august 1st.

dude still hasn't downloaded them and the link expired yesterday.  i didn't mind doing it as it doesn't take much to make a folder and drop it in a wetransfer and send it off. still.. dude didn't even say "oh thanks i appreciate it" or anything like that so fuck him. if he sends another email i may resend the wetransfer but might just ignore it or tell him to pirate them somewhere. "get soulseek, fucknuts"

• Confused 1

Damn, that's an obnoxious fan.

Got a text from my friend's mom last night that her dog had attacked my friend's dog, who "lost an eye."  JFC.  Awful...  This is the sweetest little dog.  I'm so disturbed.  My friend is going to be devastated.  Hope her mom gets in touch with the news and that I don't have to break it.  (Her mom's singled me out as the middle man when she has trouble getting in touch.)

• Sad 1

You got the 'vid?  Are you vaxxed?

FWP: I am not enjoying the ridiculous amount of Chinese food I got paid $10 to take home.  Three meals so far, and still at least 2 from finished... and that's with letting my friend have a portion.  Who gets two different sweet and sour pork dishes, I mean really.  Not to mention the blandest chow mien on god's green earth.  Honestly I'd rather have paid for three different meals that I would have actually enjoyed.  I'm saving money, sure, but would I have ever really missed it had I spent it?  Unlikely.  Getting paid to eat someone else's food ain't all its cracked up to be, kids.

• Haha 1
  • Farnsworth 1

often times i post stuff on watmm that i find hilarious and nobody reacts. then the next person posts something and gets like, 40 reactions. whenever that happens, i feel rejected, humiliated, inferior, inadequate. it's like a micro-traumatic event. or i'll get one farnsworth or a burger, which is even worse in some respects. makes me feel like a special needs kid who got a participation medal basically.

Edited by brian trageskin
  • Thanks 1
  • Burger 3
  • Farnsworth 1
  • Big Brain 1

Autodesk moved the support and development of the free Sketchbook app to a newly formed company called Sketchbook Inc and now the desktop version is no longer free? Fuck this shit.

1 hour ago, brian trageskin said:

often times i post stuff on watmm that i find hilarious and nobody reacts. then the next person posts something and gets like, 40 reactions. whenever that happens, i feel rejected, humiliated, inferior, inadequate. it's like a micro-traumatic event. or i'll get one farnsworth or a burger, which is even worse in some respects. makes me feel like a special needs kid who got a participation medal basically.

Don't feel bad, it happens to much better people such as myself too.  Joyrex's video post of him wanking off a monkey for a bet has more than 5 times as many likes as my most liked post.  It's generation Z, they want the quick fix of a 63 year old pleasuring a primate, rather than something requiring a bit of effort and erudition.

• Haha 2