IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

Whenever I Google-search ae_store, American Eagle comes up in the search results. American Eagle can fuck right off with their oversaturated cologne and mediocre high school prep kid bullshit. Why insult me like this, Google?

3 hours ago, brian trageskin said:

often times i post stuff on watmm that i find hilarious and nobody reacts. then the next person posts something and gets like, 40 reactions. whenever that happens, i feel rejected, humiliated, inferior, inadequate. it's like a micro-traumatic event. or i'll get one farnsworth or a burger, which is even worse in some respects. makes me feel like a special needs kid who got a participation medal basically.

but remember when we didn't have those little reaction thingy's? time were hard back then. we had to type "lol" instead of just clicking a laughing yellow circle. the staff here are trying to make things easier for us. you should be grateful.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Bandcamp Friday. Nearly 200 release announcements and messages from labels and artists at this point. Expecting double or more from that. I simply can't keep up today, I'll probably do some surgical selections after I get our progeny unconscious. I need a stricter filter, I've got 2263 releases - not single tracks, releases - on my Bandcamp wantlist. I like music too much and there's too much music to like.

Without music, life would be a mistake. -- Friedrich Nietzsche

With just vinyl things were manageable, even easy - but with digital there's a constant deluge of material to trawl through. It's not just filter failure, it's also input overload.

Edited by dcom
  • Like 1

We just bought a Samsung fridge and it's making a lot of noise like some reviews mentioned, but there were a ton of other reviews negating the noise. I now suspect Samsung of posting fake reviews....

6 hours ago, dcom said:

With just vinyl things were manageable, even easy - but with digital there's a constant deluge of material to trawl through. It's not just filter failure, it's also input overload.

I remember feeling this way when I first started exploring the world wide web back in like 1993. I kept clicking away thinking I would finally get to the end of it (on a 2400 bps modem), but it just kept on going. more and more pages of stuff to look at and read through. I assumed it would be like a magazine, where you can keep turning the pages and you'd finish reading all of it. but no, more and more pages of text and images to digest mentally. input overload, definitely.

• Like 1

Just had a wind surfing lesson my wife got me as a birthday present. It was quite a lot of fun and after the storm level winds calmed down a little I even managed to make it work a little

But twice during the dozens of times I ended up in the water I popped my eardrums and now I’m sitting on the couch with an earache and it really hurts when I yawn or burp.

1 hour ago, toaoaoad said:

Farnsworth is more like a lol, Big Brain is more serious (imo)

i read the post in my head in the farnsworth voice when i give someone's post a farnsworth. 

• Farnsworth 1
  • Big Brain 1

It seems that I’ve developed a new pattern where every 6 months my back gets fucked and I’m out of commission for 5 days or so and have a moderately painful aftermath that lasts for about 2 months. It always comes at the most inconvenient time. This time I just started a new job and although it’s with people I already know and everything’s cool it bothers the shit out of me that I have to miss a bunch of days and postpone stuff that I wanted to have done by now. Also the pain and the fact that I have to get up and move and do stretches/exercises at least every 30 minutes makes it difficult to make any good use of my time. Aaargh. 

• Sad 2

chenGOD has asked me to clarify that he is technically not a dwarf as he is 4'11", and that it wasn't a monkey suit he was wearing but a child's bigfoot Halloween costume.  That does create some categorisation problems for the special folder on my desktop.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Big Brain 1

i'm at my ex's and her neighbour, who's clearly psychotic, won't stop yelling nonsense in her garden about god's vengeance, when she's not insulting my ex, who called the cops earlier. they knocked on her door but she wouldn't open it or just wasn't there at that moment. this has been going on for a while.

on top of that, the neighbours upstairs are doing work in their apartment, which gets on my nerves way more than the yelling cunt. thank goodness i'm leaving this place in a couple weeks. 

98a.jpg

Edited by brian trageskin
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, brian trageskin said:

i'm at my ex's and her neighbour, who's clearly psychotic, won't stop yelling nonsense in her garden about god's vengeance, when she's not insulting my ex,

Sounds like an FWS to me.

My FWP, Sun Aug 8, 2021

(By Zephyr Nova)

After breaking my phone last week and buying a new one, I was given a new monthly plan with a bit less data on it.  Because I am dumb, I did not realize the "bit less data" was substantially less than I need for my job.  Furthermore, I can only update my plan once a month.  So I'm stuck topping it up for $25 a pop until the 15th.  I've had to do this twice already in 3 days.

4 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

i'm not sure what i said matches what i meant but anyway, what i meant is the neighbour kept yelling stuff and insulted my ex. i'm not getting back with my ex btw, i just wanted to see her and so did she. 

I have this really terrible song stuck on my mind and it won't go away

6 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

My FWP, Sun Aug 8, 2021

(By Zephyr Nova)

After breaking my phone last week and buying a new one, I was given a new monthly plan with a bit less data on it.  Because I am dumb, I did not realize the "bit less data" was substantially less than I need for my job.  Furthermore, I can only update my plan once a month.  So I'm stuck topping it up for $25 a pop until the 15th.  I've had to do this twice already in 3 days.

My contract renews every 2 years or so and for the first time in history the provider suggests a cheaper plan with less data even though I usually max out on my current plan. 

I wonder if the undoubtedly AI generated/based plan suggestions providers make are by default a plan that has just a little less data than you’d normally use as this results in a greater profit for the company plus more client interactions.

Or are we looking at a global data shortage? Possibly caused by 5G waves being pulled out of their ethereal trajectory by hordes of hypermagnetic vaxdrones, creating evanescent fields where parasitic astral radiation manifests? It’d be nice if providers would at least offer some transparency about the reasoning behind their weird plan suggestions, imho. 

• Like 1
  • Farnsworth 2

6 hours ago, brian trageskin said:

what is it?

Probably the latest Florian Hecker release, Synopsis Seriation.  It's really catchy but actually really good.

Edited by drillkicker
  • Big Brain 1

17 minutes ago, luke viia said:

disillusioned with my job, would like to request a solitary existence haunting a crypt and/or devouring the souls of the ungrateful, thanks.

I know exactly how you feel bro

• Like 1