IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

2 hours ago, luke viia said:

disillusioned with my job, would like to request a solitary existence haunting a crypt and/or devouring the souls of the ungrateful, thanks.

Same.  I wouldn't say this to anyone IRL but I honestly secretly enjoyed having covid because I really needed that period of solitude.  It felt like a little fast from the world.

• Like 2

My feet hurt from running 2.67 miles after work and I'm tired. But at least I'm slowly reconditioning my body to a regular workout routine after a 3-month hiatus.

Besides, it didn't kick my ass as much this time as it did last week, which was a shorter run then.

• Like 1

was clicking through this portland IG account stories and there was a post shared from another account which happened to be an LA account and i checked it out and it's an actual murder. so now i have that to think about. 

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, brian trageskin said:

mosquitoes

I've learned to live with mosquito bites. I get them just about on a daily basis. the trick is just to rinse the bite with cold water and don't itch it. then within a few minutes the itch will subside. now the real bastards are flea and spider bites. those things last for days and get itchier at nighttime, disrupting sleep. 

43 minutes ago, zero said:

I've learned to live with mosquito bites. I get them just about on a daily basis. 

i spent my childhood on a tropical island and rarely ever got bitten back then. i don't mind mosquito bites, i just hate when there's a dozen of them flying around my head and they basically don't give a shit if i try to kill them. 

35 minutes ago, brian trageskin said:

i spent my childhood on a tropical island and rarely ever got bitten back then. i don't mind mosquito bites, i just hate when there's a dozen of them flying around my head and they basically don't give a shit if i try to kill them. 

the worst is getting woken up at night from a mosquito bite, and then being tortured by the thing buzzing around your ear. then the decision is do I pull the sheet over my head and hope it goes away, or turn on the light and try and hunt it down. either way, the mosquito has already won.

• Thanks 1

In my experience the tropical mosquitoes are very small compared to arctic ones but the bites itch like hell on me. They say it's something to do with the immune system that's more used to mosquitoes from different areas. And of course in some places the mosquitoes carry a variety of diseases. I was chatting with some locals and ex-pats in Malawi one night and everyone of them had had malaria at some point. Made a cold sweat break out a bit while listening to that.

Anyway in the arctic north the fuckers are big and there's a lot of them but at least they are not deadly

• Like 2

matched with someone yesterday and hit it off super hard in the chats... more than with anyone else before in my 2 years of doing this insanity.  but it's under crazy circumstances on her end that probably spell disaster.  i'm not disclosing what, because for some reason I feel wrong about posting something that personal about her, despite the fact that she's an anonymous example on here.  i am still optimistic despite being aware of how fucked up the circumstances are.  instinctually I feel like everything's going to work out just peachy, but intellectually I recognize those instincts are that of a fucking idiot.  also, drunk, and high on chicken McNuggets I got paid minimum dollar to eat.

3 hours ago, Enthusiast said:

I tore my hamstring playing basketball and I am getting no sympathy from my wife. I am injured ffs.

remind her of that time you were extra nice to her when she had her period. 

god damn mosquitos

living next to the woods without AC means i have to close my windows in the evening just when it's getting cooler

they need to make a sound-guided auto-turret like in the Aliens, except it will shoot flames, and I need to set up six of these around the house asap

• Like 1